• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Scriptures on third temple. Do they actually exist?

I’d agree about the statue up till 11:20 and most of the others preceding 7:20.
Verse 20 and beyond match very well with the Selucids and Ptolemies. Antiochus Epiphanes IV would have been the one desecrating the temple and setting the abomination of desolations. I think those are fulfilled although they are quite possibly still prophetic about the End Times.

If you have a link of someone who’s put that history together I’d be interested in checking it out.

From what I’ve seen of how these passages line up historically, while there are some parallels, the timelines and sequences are very sloppy to not matching at all (even allowing for repeating sequences).
Obviously Antiochus Epiphanes does match several instances and similarities but very poorly from what I can tell. There’s also the phrases like “from his estate” that are (IMO) somewhat ambiguous but appear to be discussing several different people.

The other issue I’ve seen is after 11:20 is the association of those events with the “time of the end” which in retrospect does not seem plausible to apply to Antiochus, and the reference to the “time appointed” which is a mo’ed.
Other than that, his desecration of the temple lasts a little longer than 900 ish days (if memory serves correctly) but nowhere near the 2300 days mentioned in 8:13-16 or the 1290 days mentioned in 12:11

Seriously though, if you’ve got someone that lays it out I’d be interested in seeing it. (Schofield excluded. I’ve already looked at his timeline and he even says that this is the hardest portion of scripture/prophecy to discern but IMO that’s because he has such a hard time historically because Antiochus fits so poorly)

@Verifyveritas76 Our oldest son found a book by Joseph Dumond of Sighted Moon Ministries that may touch on that. I have not made time to read it, but it is called 2300 days of Hell.
https://sightedmoon.com/promotional-2300-days-of-hell-2/
I know of no one with a perfect understanding, but food for thought or further study is often found in the work of others who are sincere.

If you have a link of someone who’s put that history together I’d be interested in checking it out.

From what I’ve seen of how these passages line up historically, while there are some parallels, the timelines and sequences are very sloppy to not matching at all (even allowing for repeating sequences).
Obviously Antiochus Epiphanes does match several instances and similarities but very poorly from what I can tell. There’s also the phrases like “from his estate” that are (IMO) somewhat ambiguous but appear to be discussing several different people.

The other issue I’ve seen is after 11:20 is the association of those events with the “time of the end” which in retrospect does not seem plausible to apply to Antiochus, and the reference to the “time appointed” which is a mo’ed.
Other than that, his desecration of the temple lasts a little longer than 900 ish days (if memory serves correctly) but nowhere near the 2300 days mentioned in 8:13-16 or the 1290 days mentioned in 12:11

Seriously though, if you’ve got someone that lays it out I’d be interested in seeing it. (Schofield excluded. I’ve already looked at his timeline and he even says that this is the hardest portion of scripture/prophecy to discern but IMO that’s because he has such a hard time historically because Antiochus fits so poorly)
My understanding is that this is the dominant view in Protestantism. I ran across it in an aborted attempt at Bible college. Obviously there is another abomination of desolations coming and it is very much in keeping with the Daniel one. This was the view of the Jews too to a point, showing Alexander the Great how he fulfilled prophesies in Daniel is how they got him to not conquer Jerusalem.

Back