• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Searching for a Wife

jorgema

As most of you have experienced, it is not easy being a polygamist in mainstream America. Most women would consider us crazy if we even brought up the subject of Christian polygamy. I am sure there are women out there (mostly single moms that are struggling) that would be interested in becoming a part of a strong, and loving Christian family. To advertise my search for a second wife, I started the following blog http://second-sisterwife.blogspot.com/. By getting the word out, I hope to meet women that would like to join my wife and I in building a happy, loving family full of beautiful children. If you are interested, I can create a page that advertises your individual situation and link it to my blog. I can also provide a link to any blogs that you create to help advertise your search for that special someone. By working together, we can achieve anything. You can contact me at jorge_jr_98@yahoo.com for more information. God Bless. Jorge

dude, you look desperate
if I was a woman, you'd be pretty well out as far as I would be concerned
mellow out

Dude,

I am not desperate to find a woman, since I already have a good one. Anyways, there are plenty of women around. However, I would like to be a father and find a good woman to have children with. I am almost 35, and don't want to spend another five years waiting to have kids. So if I look desperate, it is only because I would like to share my love with children of my own.

Jorge

I didn't accuse you of being desperate, I accused you of appearing desperate. How would I know your state of mind?

I know, and I probably am or appear desperate because as a man, I want to have children. After seven years of trying to have kids, that is one of my biggest dreams, to be a father.

jorgema,

I know where you are coming from.

The desire for children is what brought me to the questioning of what I had been taught concerning marriage and family. This brought me to the truth of Biblical marriage - and to a deeper understanding of God's Word and a closer walk with Him.

Now, praise God, I have been blessed with 2 wives and have been blessed with children from each. Praise the Lord, I now have the blessing of six wonderful children - and looking forward to more.

I know how you feel - perhaps even more so, then I am about twenty years older than you and the youngest of my little ones is 19 weeks.

So, do have peace in your heart and be encouraged, trusting in the Lord.

... and don't forget how old our father Abraham was before he was blessed with children.

God bless you and your family!

Thanks, your story gives me hope. The desire to have children is also what brought me to question what I have been taught about marriage and family. Kalina supports me 100%, and that has given me the hope to have children someday.

God Bless you, your wives, and all of your beautiful children :)

jorgema said:
Kalina supports me 100%, and that has given me the hope to have children someday.

Jorge,
Just remember the several stories in the Tanak(Old Testament) about barrenness among women. A lot of them thought that they were never going to have children and Yahuweh blessed them with children who grew up to be great servants of Elohim. It almost seems to be a theme in the Tanak sometimes. Be thankful for the wife and life that you already have. Heck, you could be like me and not even found the first one yet. lol, jk. Just don't forget to be thankful for what you have already been blessed for and trust in Yahuweh to provide for you and your family.

Thanks Todd.

You seem like a very smart and good man. I am always grateful when I pray, and I ask for God to guide me in making the right decisions for my family. You still have plenty of time, but believe me when you get to your mid 30s your biological clock will start ticking to be a father and have children. :D God Bless.

Jorge

jorgema said:
believe me when you get to your mid 30s your biological clock will start ticking to be a father and have children.

lol, I think my alarm is already going off.

It is true that children are often left out of the good reasons for plural Think of all the aborted children that mothers felt they had no other options. Plural can bring a father to the fatherless.

Although having children is one of the reasons for having more than one wife, there are other reasons too. Here are just a couple:

1. There are women that would like to be part of a family, but they cannot have any children.
2. There are women who have children, that would like to be part of a loving family.

1Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Brothers,

I have another reason for why plural marriages happen, to be a beacon of light to the world. I have used this example on other occasions, and I think it fits in quite nicely here. If we are children of light, we are shiny and bright and therefore appealing. To use a mundane example, when you go car shopping, do you like old, rusty, dented, dull looking cars, or do the brand new, shiny cars attract you more. When you go grocery shopping and you get apples, do you pick the ones that have spots on them, dull looking, or do you pick the ones that are shiny and spot free? If we are living our lives according to God’s way and will, we will be children of light. People will see this, even people we are not award of that see us and how we live. Living in Christ will make our light shine, and therefore bring people closer to us, to be near the light, to try and make their own life shine through our example. This is how Christ’s church grows as well as it can make your own family grow. To give you a personal experience, I went to the local grocery store the other day and the clerk, a person I had never met before, told me at the check out that I had the most beautiful family and well behaved children in the county. Now realize something, my family and I just moved into our new home in August. We have only been here and interacting with the residents here for only about 4 months, and we received this most beautiful compliment. We have received other compliments since we have been here, and from our old residence, the point is people are watching us. Watching how we react to the world and each other. The light of Christ shines in our lives, and when people do watch, they stand up and take notice.

It is this light, the light of Christ in our lives, which will not only add to Christ church, but will make our family growing even more. Think about it, single women will see the loving caring way we treat one another, they see how the children get along with one another, and they will want to be apart of this as well, to have something like it for themselves. It has advantages for others as well, men will see this and inquiry as to how I have managed to keep such a good family and marriage. This will then open the door to teaching him the ways of Christ and the true way to live and treat others. It could bring the man closer to God and add to Christ church. It could make the man into a better husband and father, being a man of Christ is full of responsibilities and benefits as well. Now here I only wanted to write a short reply and I have went and made it long….lol. Sorry about that.

God Bless

Having children is an excellent motive for desiring a plural home. And actually it is a motive that considers loving the potential children already. It is not a secondary motive and can stand alone in your request to God in prayer and I pray that God answers your request soon.

truthfinder1967 said:
1Thessalonians 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Brothers,

I have another reason for why plural marriages happen, to be a beacon of light to the world. I have used this example on other occasions, and I think it fits in quite nicely here. If we are children of light, we are shiny and bright and therefore appealing. To use a mundane example, when you go car shopping, do you like old, rusty, dented, dull looking cars, or do the brand new, shiny cars attract you more. When you go grocery shopping and you get apples, do you pick the ones that have spots on them, dull looking, or do you pick the ones that are shiny and spot free? If we are living our lives according to God’s way and will, we will be children of light. People will see this, even people we are not award of that see us and how we live. Living in Christ will make our light shine, and therefore bring people closer to us, to be near the light, to try and make their own life shine through our example. This is how Christ’s church grows as well as it can make your own family grow. To give you a personal experience, I went to the local grocery store the other day and the clerk, a person I had never met before, told me at the check out that I had the most beautiful family and well behaved children in the county. Now realize something, my family and I just moved into our new home in August. We have only been here and interacting with the residents here for only about 4 months, and we received this most beautiful compliment. We have received other compliments since we have been here, and from our old residence, the point is people are watching us. Watching how we react to the world and each other. The light of Christ shines in our lives, and when people do watch, they stand up and take notice.

It is this light, the light of Christ in our lives, which will not only add to Christ church, but will make our family growing even more. Think about it, single women will see the loving caring way we treat one another, they see how the children get along with one another, and they will want to be apart of this as well, to have something like it for themselves. It has advantages for others as well, men will see this and inquiry as to how I have managed to keep such a good family and marriage. This will then open the door to teaching him the ways of Christ and the true way to live and treat others. It could bring the man closer to God and add to Christ church. It could make the man into a better husband and father, being a man of Christ is full of responsibilities and benefits as well. Now here I only wanted to write a short reply and I have went and made it long….lol. Sorry about that.

God Bless

I think there are many good things to say about Godly marriages being examples to the world. Thanks for sharing.

True,

Thats right, its a great way to get people watching and a great opportunity to be a good example.

I will Pray that you will find a 2nd wife that YHWH will have you to find. Keep on Trusting in Jesus Christ and I believe it will happen. Maybe a overseas women would be a good choice. God Bless you

Jodie

I'd recommend caution, when seeking a second wife. I'd rather see each/all of us wait upon the Lord. Allow Him to direct or paths, and bring into our lives that second, third, or more wives.

I have been reading through these post for several days now and have come away with a since that we pretty much agree that the Western "Christian" mind set has most Christian issues backwards. Most folks, who call themselves Christian, are far from being Christ like; but are closer to being identified with their particular denominational traditions. I was raised in the Catholic Church, church "Traditions" for the most part are wrong. Most western christians can be idenified more with feminism, since pologamy was outlawed in this country in 1830.

Having said this, I‘d recommend caution before actively seeking another wife. Who knows the mind of a woman, who knows if her heart is pure? I know what evil thoughts come into my mind, at times. It has taken 20 years for my wife (current and only, so far) and I to become accustomed to each other, that we can begin to explore the issues that make a strong biblical family. I would say God knows the hearts and intentions of us all. IF He brings someone in your life I recommend that you Pray, Pray, and Pray some more. For if you are wrong about this Second wife, and you let emotion dictate your desire for a family, think about the potential consequences. Suppose, you marry wife #2,3,4….and one of them isn’t really as committed to the relationship or to God as the others. You have three kids with each and then one these wives, who defects and makes up a story of abuse, reports it to the authorities; You and all the adults are arrested, social works STEAL your kids away, and you spend thousands of $$$$ trying to clear your name and reunite your family, If at all. My kids are my world, all the sacrifices I make are for their benefit.

It is because we live in a western Christian culture, in which they all have true Christian doctrine screwed up; that I recommend caution before seeking multiple wives. For Pluralism to work effectively, in God centered family, with a patriarch (man) as headship; we must be able to live in a society that will at best not persecute us for our solid biblical believes.

I heard it said that a nation cannot survive without a family, but a family can survive without a nation. I believe that this nation is on the verge of total self destruction, but I also believe that God has risen up this group of believers, brought us all together at the web-site to share and grow from each other, as we prepare for what possible could be the fulfillment of Isaiah 4:1. Then I believe that Pluralism, headed up by a strong Patriarch, lead by our Lord and Savior Jesus; we will then be raising Godly children who will in turn lead this nation into the next great revival.

As always, I write my opinions from a heart of love.

ybic,
BigMike

Back