• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Searching for a Wife

I don't think that we live in a nation that will persecute us much — whether you're from Canada or the USA. There are tens of thousands of plural families and they are left alone. Even if we are persecuted more vehemently, we should not be afraid. Hashem has not given us a spirit of fear. The persecution that we suffer in this society is nothing compared to what our brothers can go through in some African countries.

Yes, we must move in wisdom when selecting a wife. Shall we not trust Hashem to guide us? Shall we not pray and trust in Him? A man who doesn't do that is not wise and he's probably got a lot of problems in his life outside of the wife he chose. I thank God that He can take our terrible mistakes and turn them into blessings.

Any man who is selecting a wife should look at her objectively and pray about it. He should examine her family and how she interacts with them. He should carefully examine her attitudes towards her family. It would be ideal if she came from a family with a strong Christian background, but that isn't always possible in a world that despises Him. Our Master did not come to bring peace, but a sword. Wouldn't it be somewhat "normal" for a Christian lady to not get along with a god-hating or hypocritical family?

Anyway, I just want to encourage everyone to not be afraid. Trust in Hashem and He will guide your path. If He wants your family to be persecuted, then know that it is for His glory.

some good advise there Bryce even in a mono marrage one should never marry the first woman that looks at you twice.( some of them women folk are crafty that way, before you know it you're popping the question) take your time lad there are many women . I don't see a problem with the so called arranged marrages either. that was how it was done in the old days and it worked out. I was married to a nice Christian girl years ago but she saw something in an older man that reminded her of her father then I had to find a new place to dwell ..down at the end of lonly street at the Heart... well, I could go on, that was over 35 years ago. she went on to kicking him out also. Sandy is a peach G-D sent her my way in the fullness of His perfection. I just wish I had met her first. she's only 4 years my Jr.
I don't know what I'd do if she died or left me.

It is good to read of so many Godly men sharing their life experience. So here is my tid bit for what ever it may be worth. If you are sent a woman through prayer and she brings with her children , have discussion about the raising of them. Do you both walk the same path do both believe respect of others and others things is important values to teach and teach by which method? I could go on and on but your smart I am sure you see what can getting at. If you both don't or can not agree on this it will be a battle every day. Hope this helped.

In Christ, Jack

Back