• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Secular “throuples” leading the way?

They get away with it simply because they don't claim to be married. Were they to claim to be married someone would call the police and there'd be live coverage of the SWAT raid on CNN.

Secularists are better because in many cases they weren't inculcated with some of the false things the average Christian had been on pain of hellfire.

I wouldn't want a 'secular' second if she had no spiritual/moral foundation that was truly Scripturally based... while most women that have some of that have also been taught mono-only nonsense and other christian doctrines contrary to truth that are an impediment to truth... unlearning is hard!

A wife is a wife regardless if there's a permit from the government to get married.
There is so much case law protecting polyamorous people at every level from every legal threat that it’s pretty much unconscionable that we stay vulnerable for the sake of some verbiage that isn’t even in scripture.

I use those terms myself and with great pride and comfort. They are a huge part of how I define myself. But they are just words.

Secularists are better because in many cases they weren't inculcated with some of the false things the average Christian had been on pain of hellfire.

I wouldn't want a 'secular' second if she had no spiritual/moral foundation that was truly Scripturally based... while most women that have some of that have also been taught mono-only nonsense and other christian doctrines contrary to truth that are an impediment to truth... unlearning is hard!
I agree that there has to be compatibility of beliefs. I’m just struck by how effortlessly this grouping seems to have formed.

I suspect it has something to do with the girlfriend wanting to be bi-sexual AND that it is a three way partnership.

Edit: @The Revolting Man I was replying to your comment but failed to read you said "effortlessly formed". That is interesting even in the secular world. I guess she picked a now all too common male who wants to please more than lead a woman?

Last edited:

I was a secular plural when I joined my family.

Are there any lessons to be gleaned from this?
For me it is just another example of how the Enemy distorts truth. I would be interested to know how long it lasts. Three more adults "playing house" without any real foundation; hurt and brokenness to ensue.

For me it is just another example of how the Enemy distorts truth. I would be interested to know how long it lasts. Three more adults "playing house" without any real foundation; hurt and brokenness to ensue.
You appear to have had a visceral response to this story. If we promise not to turn it into a piñata party in a primate cage can you elaborate?

The enemy of our souls hates and fears polygyny done correctly. He will provide resistance.
He has no concerns about secularists doing it.

You appear to have had a visceral response to this story. If we promise not to turn it into a piñata party in a primate cage can you elaborate?
I guess my train of thought pushed a few buttons for me. I think it is mostly about the hypocrisy of it all. Secular and Christian views. I guess I should give the original couple some points for being together for 3 years first and having enough of a relationship to allow another woman into it. I still would be interested in knowing how long it lasts, but I guess that really isn't important from a modern secular woman's mindset.

Edit: @The Revolting Man I was replying to your comment but failed to read you said "effortlessly formed". That is interesting even in the secular world. I guess she picked a now all too common male who wants to please more than lead a woman?
This is probably the bottom line explaining why they are together. Since it was her idea, who is following who? And if the primary interest was sexual, how solid is that foundation? She didn't feel pressured, as many first wives do, to accept this....and since it is secular, it isn't permanent either.

They probably treat each other good....as long as they each want the other(s) to stay.

Right now they are happy, and one can hope they stay happy. The fact that they care for each other is nice, but I wonder beyond the personal aspect of their relationship in which they all think it's fun, how things would (or will) work if or when there are different or more stresses or responsibilities. For example children, or just life situations change. Say someone loses their job, gets injured, loses loved one(s) and has a hard time dealing with it.

When my guys work for lesbians it is sometimes painful how indecisive they can be, but watching some man who isn't joking when he calls his wife the boss is sometimes worse! With the women you think....they need a man....but with the man.....what is the solution? (Since most wouldn't watch or apply any lessons in McClintock :cool: )

This world so needs MEN! That know they are MEN! ....to just do what MEN should do! Lead, example, decide, direct, correct, and take responsibility!

Back