• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Secular “throuples” leading the way?

watching some man who isn't joking when he calls his wife the boss is sometimes worse!
I’ve had men call my wife my boss. I just smile and say no we don’t do that in my house. They laugh and say “oh yeah? She lets you think you’re the boss?”

Most of them are prior military for some odd reason.

I smile and say, no I am her commanding officer, we don’t do the upside down feminist structure. I call the shots. They normally look at me dumbfounded. Like I’m making a joke they don’t get.

I’ve had men call my wife my boss. I just smile and say no we don’t do that in my house. They laugh and say “oh yeah? She lets you think you’re the boss?”

Most of them are prior military for some odd reason.

I smile and say, no I am her commanding officer, we don’t do the upside down feminist structure. I call the shots. They normally look at me dumbfounded. Like I’m making a joke they don’t get.
I wanted to laugh at that "Joke they don't get" line. I can imagine the looks on their faces!

I literally call my husband the boss. I have for many years. 20 years ago when he helped his old gf out with a job.....and we first thought about poly because of her.....SHE called him the boss too. Even an elder neighbor who is a good friend calls him.......the boss. ;)

So yeah, we don't do backward here.....and I try to make sure my attitude reflects right. I don't want the boss to think I'm joking when I call him that! :cool:

Last edited:
85% of all human societies have had some level of polygamy. It's innate to us. This is the same as there being secular woman pursuing submission and dominant husbands (probably more even than among Christians). Some percentage find their way through the cultural programming to embrace their nature. And they are not burdened with the churchian doctrines that are heaped on us to prevent us from doing the same.

I've been thinking about the word "throuple". That is a very secular concept. The Bible has nothing like it. The Bible has a man and his wife/wives, or a man and his household. The word "throuple" serves to undermine patriarchy. Maybe that is why it is more acceptable to the secularist.

I've been thinking about the word "throuple". That is a very secular concept. The Bible has nothing like it. The Bible has a man and his wife/wives, or a man and his household. The word "throuple" serves to undermine patriarchy. Maybe that is why it is more acceptable to the secularist.
Actually not a bad word.

Avoiding negative connotations of word polygamy, implies not married (so no legal problem, avoids all sex with more than one wife is evil) and means sort-of-family (couple can mean family, but may not) exist.

It is also harder to attack as something evil because it lack negative association of patriarchy, something from which word polygyny suffers in general public.

Actually not a bad word.

Avoiding negative connotations of word polygamy, implies not married (so no legal problem, avoids all sex with more than one wife is evil) and means sort-of-family (couple can mean family, but may not) exist.

It is also harder to attack as something evil because it lack negative association of patriarchy, something from which word polygyny suffers in general public.
That makes sense if the chief objective is to promote polyamory (or possibly polygamy).

If the objective is to promote a Biblical vision of family (which may include polygyny), then we should probably use Biblically based language.

That makes sense if the chief objective is to promote polyamory (or possibly polygamy).

If the objective is to promote a Biblical vision of family (which may include polygyny), then we should probably use Biblically based language.
Sitation calls for some wisdom.

I think polygyny needs rebranding. New word(s) with same idea, but without baggage of old words.

Should we use throuple? Maybe? Do you know that in certain groups of people phrases like one-sided open relationship and similar variants exists? Do you have any ideas for rebrading phrases?

I would try with natural throuple.

Our goal ought to be the promotion of truth whether that is about creation, sin, salvation, biblical relationships (I'm deliberately avoiding using the word marriage), divine judgement or anything else. In this world system of lies and falsehood people need to encounter the Truth. Since truth is the opposite of this world system, we should expect pushback, and that includes pushback against biblical relationships. Quite honestly, I don't want to be liked by this world system and those who promote and uphold its values. James wrote, Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God (James 4:4). Hate me if you want but I'll point people to the Bible and tell them the truth about whatever they need to hear.

Our goal ought to be the promotion of truth whether that is about creation, sin, salvation, biblical relationships (I'm deliberately avoiding using the word marriage), divine judgement or anything else. In this world system of lies and falsehood people need to encounter the Truth. Since truth is the opposite of this world system, we should expect pushback, and that includes pushback against biblical relationships. Quite honestly, I don't want to be liked by this world system and those who promote and uphold its values. James wrote, Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God (James 4:4). Hate me if you want but I'll point people to the Bible and tell them the truth about whatever they need to hear.
Amen! You should join the club. Theroaringidiotswhothumbnosesatjackals club.

A wife is a wife regardless if there's a permit from the government to get married.

Couple of things..
When I was married to my ex, we were married. Public ceremony, on my insurance as my wife, introduced in public as my wife, sometimes as one of my wives. I received zero pushback.

The notion of a permit of a license is nauseating. Mono, plural or otherwise.

The word thrupple sounds like something one should get addressed at the dermatologist.

I have beaten the drum about linguistic games that are played in the culture...generally by dark triad degenerate types(ask me about the word gender sometime)...and that we need to flat out stop association with the word or prefix poly. The creepy swingers stole it. They won that round. Since I can not kick each of them personally in their asses, I cede poly to them and embrace Plural Marriage. We need to rebrand to a term that is clear and you can not get more clear than that. It is pretty clear to even those with the lumpiest of skulls that it is about more people and that it is about marriage. Yeah the freaks will weasel their way in and claim that 14 moes can get hitched or that some narcissistic slut can have five weird cuckolds she calls husbands etc and we can do nothing about that. We can however embrace language that makes our intention clear and I think plural marriage fits that bill for both the religious and the bizarre secular weirdos like me.

Sitation calls for some wisdom.

I think polygyny needs rebranding. New word(s) with same idea, but without baggage of old words.

Should we use throuple? Maybe? Do you know that in certain groups of people phrases like one-sided open relationship and similar variants exists? Do you have any ideas for rebrading phrases?

I would try with natural throuple.

Plural Marriage for the win. Thrupple sounds like a noise made my a naked person on a slip n slide

Plural Marriage for the win. Thrupple sounds like a noise made my a naked person on a slip n slide
Natural marriage would be better. Plural would include group marriage and polyandry. Freaks could be too easily join in "Plural marriage".

Natural marriage has advantage of history, something regularly occuring. It also implies something comes from nature, it's creation comes obviously and easily. Plus freaks could be made looking like jokers. They can't get basic social group right.

We need term without negative social connotations and can't subverted by wokists, power hungry and liberation from all socials bonds people.

Natural marriage has advantage of history, something regularly occuring. It also implies something comes from nature, it's creation comes obviously and easily. Plus freaks could be made looking like jokers. They can't get basic social group right.
Holy Matrimony means set apart mother making. Family in the context of commited procreative union(s). The weirdos might still try to copy, but God defined the holy part....so there!

Holy Matrimony means set apart mother making. Family in the context of commited procreative union(s). The weirdos might still try to copy, but God defined the holy part....so there!
Better Holy Patrimony. It's more in spirit of Christianity.

In my opinion whoever got "Holy Matrimony" idea should be beaten with stick. Idiot didn't notice Christianity is patriarchal religion.

Better Holy Patrimony. It's more in spirit of Christianity.

In my opinion whoever got "Holy Matrimony" idea should be beaten with stick. Idiot didn't notice Christianity is patriarchal religion.
Fair enough! Does that mean set apart father making? If so, I'd like that even better! *grin*

Natural marriage would be better. Plural would include group marriage and polyandry. Freaks could be too easily join in "Plural marriage".

Could not disagree more. Natural marriage will not mean anything to most and any number of things to others. No marketing value if you have to explain what You mean by natural. I agree it is natural obviously but it has the same weakness as saying biblical marriage. Yeah some will get it but most will want to push back on what is in fact natural or biblical whether they are rigjt or not. Plural marriage is clear in intent.. in re the freaks...well, they are freaks and we can not get away from them beyond this rebranding.. they stole a march on us with the theft of poly. Not happy about it but they are who people envision when they hear poly. Not unlike most assume when you say polygamy that you are Mormon, live in some compound and are a pedo. Plural marriage has no stain on it's character...here none preexisting in peoples mind.

Last edited:
We need term without negative social connotations and can't subverted by wokists, power hungry and liberation from all socials bonds people.

Not possible. Any term that accrues good cache with the population will be co-opted. It becomes an arms race of marketing terms that never stops.

Just call a horse a horse and embrace Patriachy. The satanic world system hates it, so they will never coopt it, and it has the benefit of being true. The world will always hate the truth. But people, and esp. women, respect someone who owns their belief.

Back