• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Sick Child

Update.

Miriam is still unwell. Although she improved a lot, she reached a point where she wasn't getting any better. She's pale, incredibly tired, and still has a mild grade fever most of the time. We went to the doctor, who couldn't find anything obviously wrong aside from those points, which since it's 4 weeks now since she originally got sick, he said was quite abnormal and needed further investigation. Today we're going back for blood tests, and those results will come in early next week. Depending on the results, we may be referred to the hospital.

She is eating and drinking fine, but not as much as she was before she got sick. Sometimes she can be quite happy and she'll get up to the table and play a board game with the kids, or she'll read a book. Yesterday she made it outside to lie on the trampoline in the sun and read. But then after these bursts of energy, she'll collapse again and be back on the couch not wanting to interact with anyone for hours. She is not her old self at all, even in these 'energetic' moments.

I’m calling forth healing 🙏

Blood tests went well. I've never had a child need a blood test before, and I wasn't sure how she would go. She was absolutely perfect. She lay completely still, and I distracted her with the tablet which she doesn't usually play on.
We had a rough night with her, and she was very flat this morning, but after leaving the doctors she had a big grin on her face and was skipping off all things lol. I think she was just happy to get stickers and a lollypop.

Is there any further news.
Praying for Miriam and the rest of your family.

Waiting for blood test results. Should find out tomorrow. She's been a little bit perkier the last couple of days, but not enough to go out to church or anything. Still has a fever that comes and goes, and is still tired and pale.

Miriam spent the afternoon playing in the toy room, spending time outside in the sunshine, and riding around on her bike. She's tired now, but had enough energy to help tidy up from dinner. Today is 1 month since she first got sick.
It seems that prayers are working. Thank you.

Not sure how I didn't see this thread until now. Thrilled she's doing better. Saw that you suspected it was a covid relapse. I would recommend looking into the research on the following:

Nigella
Honey
NAC
Agarakon
...and of course Vitamin D and zinc

If you do nothing else, make pills from ground nigella seeds (a coffee grinder works great) if she can do pills. If not, the seeds (it's a spice) go well with fried chicken, fish, or most meats. The more the better as long as she doesn't turn it down.

*not a doctor, not giving medical advice, only personal recommendations based off of personal experience and published research.*

...having said that, out of a family of 7 we've not gotten hit hard by covid yet. Mild brushes and the faster we kept up on the items above (with a highlight on nigella) the less the brush was.

In case you're wondering, there's published research on each of the above with a nigella/honey combo being particularly interesting....research out of India if I recall. A good source of Nigella is Spice Way on Amazon...good quality.

Got the blood test results today. Some were a little abnormal, so the doctor has sent them to the hospital to find out if this is a post viral response, maybe a long covid situation, or if there is something else going on that requires further investigation.

Miriam has been doing better. She is eating well, and is less tired. She still is not back to normal though. She can only play for so long before she gets pale and tired again. Yesterday she suddenly crashed, and then got a nose bleed as well.

This afternoon she is rugged up warm and is going around the farm with Samuel and the puppy to make sure all the stock are ok.

Got the blood test results today. Some were a little abnormal, so the doctor has sent them to the hospital to find out if this is a post viral response, maybe a long covid situation, or if there is something else going on that requires further investigation.

Miriam has been doing better. She is eating well, and is less tired. She still is not back to normal though. She can only play for so long before she gets pale and tired again. Yesterday she suddenly crashed, and then got a nose bleed as well.

This afternoon she is rugged up warm and is going around the farm with Samuel and the puppy to make sure all the stock are ok.
Sound like a lack of energy production problem. Can you take look at B vitamins levels?

Did they test for Lyme or anaplasmosis? Is she anemic?

Did they test for Lyme or anaplasmosis? Is she anemic?
We don't have Lyme disease or anaplasmosis in NZ. I've never heard of anyone having them, and we don't have the types of ticks that carry them. The only people that have it are those that caught it in another country and came back to NZ with it.
Her haemoglobin levels are down, which makes me think anemic too. That's also weird because she eats plenty of meat. I'm trying to get more red meat and leafy greens into her though.
We give her orange juice and sodium ascorbate every day, and she loves eating mandarins and oranges, so she has plenty of vit c to help her body through this and to help her absorb iron.

We don't have Lyme disease or anaplasmosis in NZ. I've never heard of anyone having them, and we don't have the types of ticks that carry them. The only people that have it are those that caught it in another country and came back to NZ with it.
Her haemoglobin levels are down, which makes me think anemic too. That's also weird because she eats plenty of meat. I'm trying to get more red meat and leafy greens into her though.
We give her orange juice and sodium ascorbate every day, and she loves eating mandarins and oranges, so she has plenty of vit c to help her body through this and to help her absorb iron.
At first look she is taking enough vitamins. But is she absorbing enough vitamins?

Does she have persistent infection or constant bleeding (small one)? Both could explain lack of iron.

Her haemoglobin levels are down, which makes me think anemic too.
Chlorophyll is good for building the blood. So are beets. I got a beet juice with berry powder that was very tasty. I'm sure even a child would like it.

I have a heredity anemia and so even though I am a dairy of being allergic to iron supplements, I would see if your child can take those. Now spinach is great too. Calf liver is good too. I know many people donMt like it but the energy boost is a noticeable difference.

The hospital has talked to our doctor and said that they think this is just post viral fatigue after covid. Or long-covid. Her blood tests are consistent with this and rule out a bunch of stuff we were worried about, which is good.

I am not comfortable with that being the only answer. Miriam is hardly ever sick, and when she is she bounces back. She has never had any medical problems, never needed any medication except for paracetamol on occasion, and had only been to the doctor one time before this episode.
It makes no sense why she would suddenly get so ill from something that the rest of us also had and did not have such a bad experience with.
The doctor agrees that that is odd, but is unable to give me any explanation other than we don't understand covid very well and it does strange things.

We have a follow up appointment late next week just to catch up and see how Miriam is doing. She has had a really good day today, and it does seem like she is mostly on the mend.
At some stage soon we are going to take her in to see a naturopath to see what they think.
Right now I am making sure she eats and drinks well, upping her iron, and I have her on a child's chewable multivitamin which I have never bought for any of my children.

I am tired. So very tired. This has been exhausting and stressful. There are tensions with family because I'm not doing things the 'right way' and not doing a good enough job, and I am tired of it all. I just want to sleep for several days.

I neglected to mention in my previous post. If you and they think it's from Covid, make sure she does not play hard or overly exert herself for quite a while (if it was my child it would be 3-6 months after getting back to normal). Because of heart and organ issues, extra load now could be a bad idea for long term damage.

Not that she has a ton of energy right now anyway, but as I read your update it occurred to me that it needed to be said.

Hang in there. You're tired but you're also giving your daughter what she needs and the best medicine possible...love, affection, and attentiveness from Mom.

Back