• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Prayer request Sick Child

Her haemoglobin levels are down, which makes me think anemic too. That's also weird because she eats plenty of meat. I'm trying to get more red meat and leafy greens into her though.

Ok. So two things to keep in mind.

1. There are different forms of iron, not all are equal.

2. Not all anemia is from a lack of iron. That's just the most common shortfall. The biological pathway to blood formation depends on a number of other nutrients which could be short. Among them is Copper, Cobalt (I think), and B vitamins (one of them I can't recall off hand which, maybe B6). You'll want to look into specifics.

Her symptoms reminded me of blood parasite infection; those were 2 I am familiar with in the N.A. context, you may have different ones or ones they won't admit are around. Although Covid does damage to the entire blood system so that could be it. But post Covid doctors are like carpenters with a hammer: everything looks like a nail.

Copper shortage could be caused by a fungal infection; the docs would likely take a while to find that.

Last edited:
Not all anemia is from a lack of iron. That's just the most common shortfall. The biological pathway to blood formation depends on a number of other nutrients which could be short. Among them is Copper, Cobalt (I think), and B vitamins (one of them I can't recall off hand which, maybe B6)
That is why I often tell people about the formula Frank Lampley came up with for metabolically stressed animals. He claimed it had the nutrients that are rapidly depleted when the body mounts an immune response.

I have used his products with good results, and seen his formulas do what he claimed for a badly foundered horse. He boasted a 98% success rate with animals that vets had said were terminal.....and he was very outspoken about the corruption in the FDA.

Several times I've used his formula myself to avoid what was trying to get me. It is LOADED with b vitamins and has other minerals, probiotics, vitamins, enzymes.

Farm life nutra...and vitamix comes in a copper free formula for sheep, and regular for other stock. Better then antibiotics because the immune support is simply suported.

Miriam is doing a lot better. Yesterday was the first day she wasn't pale at all, and didn't seem to get tired. She still has bags under her eyes, but they aren't too bad. Her eating has improved also.

Had a final doctor's appointment this morning and he's happy that she is improving. I just need to work on her iron levels nutritionally, which he's pleased I was already onto. If she isn't completely back to normal within 2-3 months, or goes downhill again, then we'll look at doing more blood tests to check iron levels. The hospital and himself think that the reason some of her levels were low to begin with was just because she hadn't been eating properly when she was very sick. She really didn't eat anything for about a week. So those levels should return to normal with basic nutrition.

None of this explains her original illness, and why she was so much worse than the other children when she has always been very healthy. But it seems that we are moving on from this episode and I am eternally grateful for that.

Miriam is doing a lot better. Yesterday was the first day she wasn't pale at all, and didn't seem to get tired. She still has bags under her eyes, but they aren't too bad. Her eating has improved also.

Had a final doctor's appointment this morning and he's happy that she is improving. I just need to work on her iron levels nutritionally, which he's pleased I was already onto. If she isn't completely back to normal within 2-3 months, or goes downhill again, then we'll look at doing more blood tests to check iron levels. The hospital and himself think that the reason some of her levels were low to begin with was just because she hadn't been eating properly when she was very sick. She really didn't eat anything for about a week. So those levels should return to normal with basic nutrition.

None of this explains her original illness, and why she was so much worse than the other children when she has always been very healthy. But it seems that we are moving on from this episode and I am eternally grateful for that.
I'll start by qualifying I'm not a doctor nor do I play one 😀. However we have had a daughter with low hemoglobin for 4 years now and have gone through so many medical tests, iron infusions, supplements and dietary adjustments with no improvement. Her numbers dipped after 6 months old and have been as low as 6.2. In the last 6 months we have gone gluten free. Her last test has her at 8.1! Thats huge! They tested that she has the celiac gene but didn't test high enough to be diagnosed as celiac. As I understand it, gluten can inflame your gut to the point it no longer can absorb nutrients. Just some thoughts and I pray it's already been resolved. God bless

I’m glad that you are getting some traction!

I'll start by qualifying I'm not a doctor nor do I play one 😀. However we have had a daughter with low hemoglobin for 4 years now and have gone through so many medical tests, iron infusions, supplements and dietary adjustments with no improvement. Her numbers dipped after 6 months old and have been as low as 6.2. In the last 6 months we have gone gluten free. Her last test has her at 8.1! Thats huge! They tested that she has the celiac gene but didn't test high enough to be diagnosed as celiac. As I understand it, gluten can inflame your gut to the point it no longer can absorb nutrients. Just some thoughts and I pray it's already been resolved. God bless
That's great that you've managed to resolve the problem!
Miriam was tested for celiac at the time and that test came back negative.
Miriam is doing wonderfully. She had actually come back to her normal self, not tired, not pale, no fever, perfectly fine. But I kept telling people she wasn't 100% and I didn't know why I thought that.
Then one day she looked at me with a big smile on her face and her eyes were back! There was something in her eyes that had been missing, but she was back, shiny and happy.
I still have her on a multivitamin, and am still making sure she eats pretty healthy, but she's perfectly fine now. We had a cold run through the family and it didn't affect her any more than usual.

That's great that you've managed to resolve the problem!
Miriam was tested for celiac at the time and that test came back negative.
Miriam is doing wonderfully. She had actually come back to her normal self, not tired, not pale, no fever, perfectly fine. But I kept telling people she wasn't 100% and I didn't know why I thought that.
Then one day she looked at me with a big smile on her face and her eyes were back! There was something in her eyes that had been missing, but she was back, shiny and happy.
I still have her on a multivitamin, and am still making sure she eats pretty healthy, but she's perfectly fine now. We had a cold run through the family and it didn't affect her any more than usual.
That's wonderful to hear. It really lifts a weight off your heart when you see your littles doing better. Yeah the doctors refused to diagnose or even suggest celiac. We went through another 2 years of numerous trials and suggestions before we discovered the connection between the two and cut off gluten. Sounds like her immune system is working well too. Great to hear!

Back