• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Somerville, Massachusetts Recognizes Multiple-Adult Families

I can’t celebrate moral decline as a victory.
No matter how it benefits us.

@steve, is it moral decline because it’s allowing families of all the same gender? But we already have that, right? So isn’t this more of holy step in the right direction? I mean, it’s not making things worse, right?

That looks like it's got legs. Won't surprise me to hear of other jurisdictions rapidly following suite.

@steve, is it moral decline because it’s allowing families of all the same gender? But we already have that, right? So isn’t this more of holy step in the right direction? I mean, it’s not making things worse, right?
It’s a moral decline because it puts multiple husbands in the same category as multiple wives.

Mixed emotions is watching the person who is making your life absolutely miserable steal your favorite car and drive it off of a cliff.

I have mixed emotions.

(Normally the words “mother-in-law” appears somewhere in that phrase, but that seemed extra crispy.)

Last edited:
It’s a moral decline because it puts multiple husbands in the same category as multiple wives.
And today's ministers are too ignorant to know the difference between what is holy and what is profane.

Holy matrimony means set apart mother-making.

What two men do to/with each other can never be that, it is called an abomination.

I was coming to share the article I read saying that Mass just passed polyamorist unions but it has been shared. I understand that there are some who are upset about this ruling but I hope you will also rejoice in the breakthrough. In the temperature of the US. rights from one can not be given to one and not another. Things are changing and many of you will be able to live openly and freely. I am grateful you can be who you are called to be and do.

here it is just in case

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/07...XZOLgeekMkVedCDfbxv_6iJiPytUICvhskYfmyaysyl54

I'm curious, theoretically... does this mean that if I go to this town and rent an apartment, file to vote etc there, can I then apply for immigration visas for my two wives?
** edit **
Or would I need to get tourist visas, bring them in, then get married at the courthouse, then apply for immigration visas for them?
Not planning to move tomorrow as we have ministry here but as the Philippines continues to cozy up to China I'm just thinking if we have to flee to Israel or the States which is gonna make it easier to bring my wives in.

I'm curious, theoretically... does this mean that if I go to this town and rent an apartment, file to vote etc there, can I then apply for immigration visas for my two wives?
This only affects things a township can control, like what "single family" means for rental access, or perhaps local CPS. Immigration is federal.
...if we have to flee to Israel or the States which is gonna make it easier to bring my wives in.
Last I heard, Israel was using their anti-polygamy laws to actively persecute the Bedouin population. Then a few rabbis gave out dispensation to take a second wife, leading to conflict between factions. I don't know the current status of things.

In the US, poly is decriminalized only in Utah. Again, immigration remains federal.

** edit **
Or would I need to get tourist visas, bring them in, then get married at the courthouse, then apply for immigration visas for them?
Not planning to move tomorrow as we have ministry here but as the Philippines continues to cozy up to China I'm just thinking if we have to flee to Israel or the States which is gonna make it easier to bring my wives in.
Just have them wear burkas in their passport photos, you’ll be fine.

In the US, poly is decriminalized only in Utah. Again, immigration remains federal
Yet the supreme court has ruled that two or more consenting adults can live together.
Just get over wanting to use modern terms and just call each other "my man" or "my woman" or room mates.

Biblically marriage was a cohabitating sexual relationship. Friends, or rather flat-mates, with benefits.....like exclusive access to the lady (or ladies) belonging to the man.

When you quit thinking the damn blasted state is worth a thing....and quit looking for it do do the right thing (something foreign to its nature) and validate what you believe in, you realize everything we need and every good gift comes from YHWH ....NOT uncle Sam. :cool:

This only affects things a township can control, like what "single family" means for rental access, or perhaps local CPS. Immigration is federal.
That was my concern; thanks.

Last I heard, Israel was using their anti-polygamy laws to actively persecute the Bedouin population. Then a few rabbis gave out dispensation to take a second wife, leading to conflict between factions. I don't know the current status of things.
Wow are you sure? For decades Israel has doled out welfare checks to Bedouin polygamous families where the count each wife as a dependent even though the government doesn't recognize polygamous unions.
THe relationship with the Bedouins has been so good historically that many Bedouin volunteer for the Israeli Defense Forces (only Jews are rquired to serve).
When I was in Moscow (age 20) just after the wall came down, I was wearing a yarmulka walking around in the Metro (subway) and an Arab Israeli came running up to me all excited blabbing in Hebrew.
He whipped out his Israeli Driver's license proud. With his level of patriotism over the years I assumed he was a Bedouin. So I'm quite surprised to hear if they are being persecuted now. Would you mind sharing a source for that I'd like to learn more. Thanks!

In the US, poly is decriminalized only in Utah. Again, immigration remains federal.
Yeah I wouldn't care what the government says about my marriages but getting them in the country is the issue. Hmmm maybe we could come in through the woods in Canada :p

IshChayil said:
Jeff Ray said:
Last I heard, Israel was using their anti-polygamy laws to actively persecute the Bedouin population.
Wow are you sure? Would you mind sharing a source for that I'd like to learn more. Thanks!
I didn't save the original article, but a search ("Bedouin polygamy persecution") produces plenty. Here are three that seemed representative:

Israel sees Bedouin polygamy as security threat
No more than 1 wife: Israel looks to tackle Bedouin polygamy
Polygamy persists among Israel's Bedouins but women are pushing for change

I didn't save the original article, but a search ("Bedouin polygamy persecution") produces plenty. Here are three that seemed representative:

Israel sees Bedouin polygamy as security threat
No more than 1 wife: Israel looks to tackle Bedouin polygamy
Polygamy persists among Israel's Bedouins but women are pushing for change

The Jewish hierarchy caved on polygamy in 1948 as part of the negotiations conducted among the major powers toward the formation of the State of Israel in order to appease European resistance after polling indicated that, over and above distaste for mercantilism and usury, the continued practice of polygamy among some Jews was the number one reason why Europeans were unsupportive of Jews.

When you quit thinking the damn blasted state is worth a thing....and quit looking for it do do the right thing (something foreign to its nature) and validate what you believe in, you realize everything we need and every good gift comes from YHWH ....NOT uncle Sam. :cool:

Thank you for this reminder, @Joleneakamama. I'm thankful for your wake-up call; I agree: it's always a mistake to pin one's hopes and dreams on the state. It's none of their business, so we shouldn't even act like we're waiting around on them to give us legitimacy.

Back