• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Statement of Focus for Biblical Families

Dude you’re all up in arms about censorship and men fighting it out but you have tried to report two of my posts in the last 24 hours.
I don't think I've reported ANY posts here in years. Until this thread. On this topic. For this reason.

And I'd bet any readers who care to can guess precisely which two. Which, I submit, makes my larger point.

And I have, and might still, disagree vehemently with some things. I will call people out. But I have NEVER urged countenanced [edit] censorship.

I've been asked for years why I don't do....TwoFacedBook, YouTube, Twitter...
...asked and answered.

To re-iterate something that @The Revolting Man pointed out early on: This decision was made by the BF Board (Myself, @andrew, @PeteR, @steve, @RonHiggins) as well as @FollowingHim and @The Revolting Man.

It wasn’t made lightly; it’s been a couple months in the offing. There are probably more tweaks to the format that need to be made down the road too.

The word censorship is inflammatory, and it simply doesn’t apply. We’ve stated our purpose: to keep the forum focused on the mission we’ve been given. We’ve stated what the result with less focus and more noise has been: people that we could otherwise help, leave. We are going to work to improve this, and that absolutely involves moderation and we don’t apologize for this. This is not a public street corner, where anyone can say anything. Privately run forums (which we are) of all types moderate for content appropriate to them all the time, and our main mistake here was not keeping our focus earlier. If you don’t care about the people that leave, some at a critical time in their lives, then the BF forum may not be the place for you.

Also, being put on “post approval” status (where moderators see each post before it goes public) does not constitute “banning” or “exiling”. You last had that status 11 years ago, @Mark C. (The BF forum went online in early 2008, for anyone wondering.)

It seems like the jousting here has reached distraction level, and like most other online debates it’s not going to change anything - so anybody who wants to ask anything or debate further, can take it private: pick whatever group of staff/moderators you want to start a private Conversation with. Thanks for understanding.

So just to be clear. Jokes like this are out now:

So just to be clear. Jokes like this are out now:

Jokes like this are a grey area, if everyone laughs then it’s funny. If people start debating it then it and the debates get removed.

I've had some private, and respectful, exchanges with a number of those involved in the changes reflected in this thread, for which I am thankful. And praying that, this time, "things really will be different."

But I would be remiss, if - having offered a LOT of criticism - I didn't offer a bit more as well. That is in the form of this thread, and some background to go with it:

Statement of Focus for Biblical Families

Every so often in any organization it becomes necessary to consider where you are, how you got there, and if a course correction of any magnitude is necessary. That’s where Biblical Families is right now. After prayer and deliberation, we think some changes are needed, and that the result will better serve the core mission God has given us: the support of Biblical Patriarchal families, including those families with more than one wife. Note the emphasis on “patriarchal” – while we believe that God may call a man to zero, one, or more wives, we feel certain that all His earthly sons are called to live as Men who lead and love following His own example – and this is patriarchy. We think the biggest battle we face is not over plural marriage but over the near-complete destruction of Biblical patriarchy, both in Western culture, and in the vast majority of the church. We are aware this focus is likely to make us even more of a target than plural marriage does.

We also want to point out what our focus is NOT: it is not on any particular theological position beyond the Gospel, including debate thereof. While we respect, and even enjoy, that we have folks who participate at Biblical Families from many backgrounds and traditions, it’s important that these differences do not become divisive to the core purpose God has given us: Patriarchal Biblical families and marriage. Lately, it’s become more evident that debate of these differences has become a distraction to our online forum. We have heard from more than a few folks who have left the forum (over the years and recently) over ongoing debates, particularly debates between those brothers who feel led to some form of Torah Observance / Hebrew Roots and those who do not. This is a distraction from our purpose, and when people are leaving over this, it’s time to make a correction. It is now our intention to put an end to these debates. Personal attacks and ridicule are out-of-bounds as well. This means a change in moderation goals, and some new moderators joining the team, as Samuel cannot be expected to keep an eye on everything that is posted. We would ask that those who participate regularly help in this regard: if you see anything that you think is potentially problematic, use the Report button on a post, just to highlight it (this is only visible to moderators, and they will have the final decision on what happens). Moderation is not a strict set of rules, and will necessarily evolve in practice. If not having this outlet for debate at Biblical Families is disappointing to you, we can point you to other online forums where you can discuss/debate any particular theological issue. We can’t keep our focus and be all things to all people.

We restate that our bond at Biblical Families is the bond of brotherhood in the saving grace of the Gospel of Jesus/Yeshua. We want to be clear that all those who consider themselves brothers and sisters in the Gospel are welcome to participate at Biblical Families, both online and at retreats, and in any community discussion. We’d ask you to understand the major purpose for the online forums: to be a place of learning and growth for those who God is calling to live patriarchally or to plural marriage. It is not for anyone to promote their specific theological distinctives.

Finding the line between what is OK and what is not, is something the moderators will have to do, and will need some grace for – thank you for extending it to them, just as the Father has extended it to all of us.

------------------------------

Not coincidently, we are happy to announce that 2 new moderators are joining the team to help in this mission. The first is not ‘new’ at all, and we are happy to have Zec (@The Revolting Man) joining to help out, as well Lance (@ABlessedMan). Both gentlemen will bring their unique point-of-view to the team, and we believe the forum will benefit from this. We want to take this opportunity to also thank our chief moderator of many years, Samuel (@FollowingHim), for his often single-handed effort in keeping the BF forum on-track. The forum as a community would be a much less valuable place without his ongoing time and attention.

Biblical Families Board and Staff

More than one loyal friend or associate alerted me to this thread, and it has inspired me to re-engage to some degree on these forums.

I left a year ago for reasons explained elsewhere that have absolutely nothing to do with what, after reading every post in this thread, appears to have been the inspiration for @nathan's Statement of Focus for Biblical Families post. Technically, it's probably unsurprising to note that, in any Torah-Keeper/non-Torah-Keeper dialectic, I certainly started out in this organization as a non-Torah-Keeper, but, very early on, the repeated skirmishes between the two camps dismayed me enough that I devoted a significant amount of my energy here to focusing on diminishing such riffs. Especially since my departure and subsequent spiritually-profitable shift over to Truth Social, X, Rumble and Substack, I have come to the perspective of interpreting our relationship to God/Yah and Jesus/Yeshua/Christ to indicate that any man who truly embraces patriarchy, much less any man who likewise embraces scriptural polygyny, is inescapably and to a significant degree a Torah Keeper -- not necessarily in the intellectual framework typically insisted upon during Hatfield & McCoys TKvNTK debates, but certainly to the extent that every aspect of the foundational underpinnings of both patriarchy and polygyny is sourced from the Pentateuch in general and from Torah in particular. I can't, for example, cite one instance in which Jesus or Paul addresses the general subject of marriage without referring back to the Tanakh to one degree or another -- and most frequently to Torah. So, I've come to refer to myself as an Isaiah 1 Torah Keeper rather than feeling compelled to slot myself into one side or the other of the Law/Grace Kerfuffel.

I respect the dual intentions of (a) decreasing unnecessary, misplaced vitriol between Torah Keepers and Grace Only factions, and (b) returning focus to P&P: Patriarchy and Polygyny.

Before I post elsewhere, though, it's only fair to address a couple potential elephants in the room:
  1. For those keeping score, yes, this is not completely congruent with my statements in the 'Exit Interview' about what it would take to inspire me to return to biblicalfamilies.org. However, in the months immediately following my departure from these forums, I learned a great many things about this organization, and one salient dynamic is that Samuel is not the problem and only has delegated authority, so I'm not here to put any further effort into challenging his role here.
  2. Nor am I returning to challenge the fact that I'm no longer permitted to attend in-person gatherings. Just as with any privately-owned organization, the owners have no obligation to welcome anyone in particular into their midst.
I'm here instead because some people near and dear to my heart alerted me to Biblical Families' published intention to reinvigorate the primacy of promoting patriarchy and polygyny, because among those who asked me to return was one in particular to whom I owe great debts of gratitude, and because I'm taking @nathan and whomever helped him draw up this most recent Statement of Focus for Biblical Families at his/their word.

Period.

By the time I post this, I will have caught up on all posts in this thread and will then move on to do so with a select handful of others. Patriarchy and polygyny are important to me -- enough to take them incredibly seriously -- so I am grateful for this platform, but P&P aren't all that drives me in life, so I will probably be more discriminating about what I share here this time around, saving my other content for more free-spirited venues that worry less about imaginary potential threats than the real ones already literally staring us down. In private, you may ask me anything, but you're also welcome to engage with me on other topics by seeking me out on X (@nuclearheart169) or on Truth Social (@169KevinSamuelsOldHippieGodson).

And I'll close this post with a few comments related to the posts contained in these five pages:
  • This has never been and never will be a 'free speech' platform, nor is it required to be. As such, being restricted from saying whatever one wants is simply not censorship, because censorship directly implies governmental restriction of freedom of expression. As members of this organization, each of us 'serves' at the pleasure of the owners. We can want what we want, but that doesn't translate into meaning we're entitled to get what we want. Furthermore, in the realm of speech restrictions, I applaud putting a governor on the throttle when it comes to divisive theological/denominational rhetoric, because such conflict will only distract us from confronting truly destructive organizational insufficiencies.
  • I always love the Pauline 'milk' and 'meat' distinctions and remain available to help craft further implementation of those distinctions in a way that would foster 'meat' debates while providing material elsewhere that won't scare away the skittish. I must confess I remain puzzled about the 'BibFam' nickname that began to emerge and replace 'BF' just about the time I was leaving last year; it makes me cringe a bit when I hear it, but perhaps it could be put to good use as a moniker for the Milk Zone, given that one who's still drinking milk instead of eating meat would be the most likely to actually be wearing a bib. I know a guy who knows a girl who knows a guy who could design a really rad logo for a BibFam Milk Zone . . .
  • Steve's 'old joke' about prison jokes was perfectly placed in this thread. And, by the way, the joke itself goes by '13'. I anticipate, though, that I'm about to learn that I'm in that Can't-Tell-a-Good-One category . . .
I look forward to resuming relationships.

Last edited:
More than one loyal friend or associate alerted me to this thread, and it has inspired me to re-engage to some degree on these forums.

I left a year ago for reasons explained elsewhere that have absolutely nothing to do with what, after reading every post in this thread, appears to have been the inspiration for @nathan's Statement of Focus for Biblical Families post. Technically, it's probably unsurprising to note that, in any Torah-Keeper/non-Torah-Keeper dialectic, I certainly started out in this organization as a non-Torah-Keeper, but, very early on, the repeated skirmishes between the two camps dismayed me enough that I devoted a significant amount of my energy here to focusing on diminishing such riffs. Especially since my departure and subsequent spiritually-profitable shift over to Truth Social, X, Rumble and Substack, I have come to the perspective of interpreting our relationship to God/Yah and Jesus/Yeshua/Christ to indicate that any man who truly embraces patriarchy, much less any man who likewise embraces scriptural polygyny, is inescapably and to a significant degree a Torah Keeper -- not necessarily in the intellectual framework typically insisted upon during Hatfield & McCoys TKvNTK debates, but certainly to the extent that every aspect of the foundational underpinnings of both patriarchy and polygyny is sourced from the Pentateuch in general and from Torah in particular. I can't, for example, cite one instance in which Jesus or Paul addresses the general subject of marriage without referring back to the Tanakh to one degree or another -- and most frequently to Torah. So, I've come to refer to myself as an Isaiah 1 Torah Keeper rather than feeling compelled to slot myself into one side or the other of the Law/Grace Kerfuffel.

I respect the dual intentions of (a) decreasing unnecessary, misplaced vitriol between Torah Keepers and Grace Only factions, and (b) returning focus to P&P: Patriarchy and Polygyny.

Before I post elsewhere, though, it's only fair to address a couple potential elephants in the room:
  1. For those keeping score, yes, this is not completely congruent with my statements in the 'Exit Interview' about what it would take to inspire me to return to biblicalfamilies.org. However, in the months immediately following my departure from these forums, I learned a great many things about this organization, and one salient dynamic is that Samuel is not the problem and only has delegated authority, so I'm not here to put any further effort into challenging his role here.
  2. Nor am I returning to challenge the fact that I'm no longer permitted to attend in-person gatherings. Just as with any privately-owned organization, the owners have no obligation to welcome anyone in particular into their midst.
I'm here instead because some people near and dear to my heart alerted me to Biblical Families' published intention to reinvigorate the primacy of promoting patriarchy and polygyny, because among those who asked me to return was one in particular to whom I owe great debts of gratitude, and because I'm taking @nathan and whomever helped him draw up this most recent Statement of Focus for Biblical Families at his/their word.

Period.

By the time I post this, I will have caught up on all posts in this thread and will then move on to do so with a select handful of others. Patriarchy and polygyny are important to me -- enough to take them incredibly seriously -- so I am grateful for this platform, but P&P aren't all that drives me in life, so I will probably be more discriminating about what I share here this time around, saving my other content for more free-spirited venues that worry less about imaginary potential threats than the real ones already literally staring us down. In private, you may ask me anything, but you're also welcome to engage with me on other topics by seeking me out on X (@nuclearheart169) or on Truth Social (@169KevinSamuelsOldHippieGodson).

And I'll close this post with a few comments related to the posts contained in these five pages:
  • This has never been and never will be a 'free speech' platform, nor is it required to be. As such, being restricted from saying whatever one wants is simply not censorship, because censorship directly implies governmental restriction of freedom of expression. As members of this organization, each of us 'serves' at the pleasure of the owners. We can want what we want, but that doesn't translate into meaning we're entitled to get what we want. Furthermore, in the realm of speech restrictions, I applaud putting a governor on the throttle when it comes to divisive theological/denominational rhetoric, because such conflict will only distract us from confronting truly destructive organizational insufficiencies.
  • I always love the Pauline 'milk' and 'meat' distinctions and remain available to help craft further implementation of those distinctions in a way that would foster 'meat' debates while providing material elsewhere that won't scare away the skittish. I must confess I remain puzzled about the 'BibFam' nickname that began to emerge and replace 'BF' just about the time I was leaving last year; it makes me cringe a bit when I hear it, but perhaps it could be put to good use as a moniker for the Milk Zone, given that one who's still drinking milk instead of eating meat would be the most likely to actually be wearing a bib. I know a guy who knows a girl who knows a guy who could design a really rad logo for a BibFam Milk Zone . . .
  • Steve's 'old joke' about prison jokes was perfectly placed in this thread. And, by the way, the joke itself goes by '13'. I anticipate, though, that I'm about to learn that I'm in that Can't-Tell-a-Good-One category . . .
I look forward to resuming relationships.
Welcome back, brother!
Oh my 😢, your visualization of BibFam is going to be hard to unsee, but I don’t perceive another nickname that can replace it.

Speaking of literal meat, why are powers starting to demonize meat consumption in several countries and restrict it?
They see strength, meat eating and masculinity as threatening to their ability to control the populace.
And the conversion to vegetarian/vegan also is part of the process of getting people used to the manipulation process.

Speaking of literal meat, why are powers starting to demonize meat consumption in several countries and restrict it?
Maybe you could start a thread on that, old friend!

it's unbelievable what's happening with that I really really get your point especially since they're now selling veggie burgers at the football venues how un american are we getting
Un American for sure, waiting till they start to blend insects into those fake veggie burgers.

Back