• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Staying healthy

Enlarge the picture, I am at the end of the rope.
I’m not bragging here, I just want to show an example of what’s possible.

The tree was lighting split some years ago and I knew that it had to come down. Seeing as I have better things to spend my money on, I knew that it was going to be me to bring it down. Couldn’t drop it because it would land on the garage, had to piece it down and to the side because there was a wooden fence right below it.
I’m 66 years old and I don’t exercise for beans, but I eat well and stay healthy. In fact, I have decided that I am where germs go to die. I used to get the normal flues and colds every year back when I ate a normal diet, but I spent several years incapacitated after I got too toxic and I changed my eating to the healthy side. The only time that I have been to an MD in the last ten years has been to get my DOT physical. Zero meds, just a supplement. I have been to a chiropractor twice for a kinked back.
My teeth are terrible and I have a couple of other imperfections that I live past, but I haven’t missed but one days work in years, that was due to a kink in my neck that I got through on my own.

I’m trying to say: eat intentionally, as close to the way that food was created for us by the Almighty. The more processing that has been done, the less healthy it is for you.

If I may add to this guy's post, there are no words that can describe my gratitude to God for being able to have made radical lifestyle changes beginning in 2,000. This was when we had to come off the mission field due to Steve's body threatening to shut down permanently. The two years he was in bed served as the school that provided an education that changed our lives forever. Like Steve, I eat well, take a supplement, and am on no medications. At the age of 65, I am able to do 5Ks, and I do the lion's share of the deliveries of the paper that we produce. And, like Steve, I don't want to make this in any way into some kind of word-based selfie, I just want to let people know what's possible by making a few simple changes.

Enlarge the picture, I am at the end of the rope.
I’m not bragging here, I just want to show an example of what’s possible.

The tree was lighting split some years ago and I knew that it had to come down. Seeing as I have better things to spend my money on, I knew that it was going to be me to bring it down. Couldn’t drop it because it would land on the garage, had to piece it down and to the side because there was a wooden fence right below it.
I’m 66 years old and I don’t exercise for beans, but I eat well and stay healthy. In fact, I have decided that I am where germs go to die. I used to get the normal flues and colds every year back when I ate a normal diet, but I spent several years incapacitated after I got too toxic and I changed my eating to the healthy side. The only time that I have been to an MD in the last ten years has been to get my DOT physical. Zero meds, just a supplement. I have been to a chiropractor twice for a kinked back.
My teeth are terrible and I have a couple of other imperfections that I live past, but I haven’t missed but one days work in years, that was due to a kink in my neck that I got through on my own.

I’m trying to say: eat intentionally, as close to the way that food was created for us by the Almighty. The more processing that has been done, the less healthy it is for you.
Well dang! Good for you! I do that kind of work on a daily (well sometimes every other day) basis, and know how hard that is! I just hope I am healthy enough, and in good enough shape to still be able to climb at 66 years old!

One of the things I always enjoyed doing was having the ground guys put the gear on, and try to go up the tree, they never make it very far. Before they try though they think I have the easy job.:)

Last edited:
Sadly health is probably one of those things most people take for granted.
Yes, they want medicine to keep them healthy and food is more of an entertainment. Eating what they enjoy.
Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food. Hippocrates

YES! Okay.. 'healthy' is one of my soapboxes! Love seeing people, particularly Yah's, following His guidelines and taking care of themselves. It really is not difficult. Usually some simple habits in diet and exercise make a world ( or ton... :eek: ) of difference.

@steve and @alit53 Keep setting the standard.. :D:D

Climbing is some of the most dangerous work there is. I haven’t done it for years and am not sure I would again.
It’s definitely something where mistakes can have huge consequences.
I was on the last part of chunking the trunk down when I realized that I was giving out. I had to get down while I still could under my own steam. If I wouldn’t have realized my limitations, I would have had to be rescued by the fire department.
A couple of hours of recharging and I was good to finish it up.

No meds here ever.

I wish I could do a 5k but that wish needs a bit of explaining.
A boy once found his friend sitting with a contemplative expression and asked him what was up. The friend answered "I wish I had enough money to buy an elephant." The friend was taken back and asked "Why would you want an elephant?" The boy said "I don't want an elephant, I just wish I had enough money to buy one." That is me with running. I like to run when I feel like it, but I find after a short run I want to walk again.

Thanks for sharing! It is awesome you are so well!

We had a pretty crazy health scare here at the beginning of the year. It really set our minds straight on listening to our body’s and food being the medicine. So often in our culture you find a bandaid for the issue and not a true fix. We have learned so much about the healing benefits of REAL food and try to get others on board. It’s great to see others really living a healthy, productive live as they grow older. It gives us hope that starting our healing journey now will keep us as healthy and vibrant as the 2 of you. @steve @alit53

So often in our culture you find a bandaid for the issue and not a true fix.
Exactly, I love the story of your journey.

Started exercising this past week. Pete guilted me into it. I lost 25 lbs since thanksgiving just eating right. I need to drop another 20 to be where I should be. Hoping exercising will help with that. Thanks for the push @steve and @PeteR

Length of days seems to be a blessing; Abraham, Job, notably "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long" (Exo 20:12)

How does El bestow this blessing? Various ways no doubt, but I guess that simply showing you (revealing) how to maintain your health is one component of how He does it.
https://knowledgeofhealth.com/200year-lifespan/

Length of days seems to be a blessing; Abraham, Job, notably "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long" (Exo 20:12)

How does El bestow this blessing? Various ways no doubt, but I guess that simply showing you (revealing) how to maintain your health is one component of how He does it.
https://knowledgeofhealth.com/200year-lifespan/
I can’t claim that’n.

Back