• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer BF get-together - this is happening

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
No, I haven't been hacked, and this is really me posting.

We are getting in the retreat car, and going. We will not be turning around. (I could stop and open the door for some to get out though...)

We are doing this, almost certainly, on Father's Day weekend (June 18-2o), though there's still a small chance this could be pushed to the next weekend. We are doing this in northern Arkansas or southern MO (Branson/Springfield, Fayetteville, Fort Smith, Little Rock are all in play).

This will be more relaxed than some previous summer retreats, as we get back on our retreat-feet. We are looking to fellowship and enjoy each other's company - and to focus on our families, and how God has been good to us over the last year. A little worship, some prayer, some games, lots of laughter. Plural and non-plural families of every size and age will be there, and welcome, for newcomers who may be uncertain of what to expect.

We are having trouble finding a campground location that works, so it seems likely we will have to fall back to a hotel - and that may limit how many we can have attend. Hopefully a campground nearby for those who'd prefer that to staying in the hotel.

We hope to have more solid info later this week, but I wanted to put this much out for folks now. I'll actually try to do a newsletter (memba those?) when we have it ready.

It's also possible we could do a central California get-together, if there's enough interest, likely early August, before the state burns to a crisp.

Then Florida in maybe Oct/Nov.

Feel free to write @julieb and @nathan, if you are interested or want more info. Or post here to tell people you are coming/not-coming, so they can work out if they want to come/not-come accordingly! :D

Last edited:
Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!
Yeppers!

Us locals like to use Paradise Valley Resort. They cleaned up from the flood already.

p.s. I vote for Fayetteville so it will be a short drive for me.

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!
Yeppers!
I second that emotion!

Thank you, @nathan and @julieb and whomever else behind the scenes is coordinating this.

This will be the first thing I talk about with Kristin tomorrow morning, and I'm thrilled that this is happening even though I'm not sure I can attend. If it gets pushed back, she and Naomi and I already have plans to leave Friday, June 25, for 2 weeks that will include a King Crimson concert in Niagara Falls as well as visits with other friends and family, so other than the outside chance that we could redirect ourselves for a drive-by with 10 minutes of hugs and tears we aren't going to be able to do it that way.

Right now nothing else is on the calendar for us for June 18-20, but it's highly unlikely Kristin is going to consent to traveling with me the weekend before her last big week of work before taking it on the road for two weeks, so I'd be traveling solo . . .

. . . which is why I'm being so detailed, because what would make it work better for me is if someone who is coming up from parts westward in southern Arizona or New Mexico or southward in Texas or Mexico would be interested in carpooling to the gathering: you drive, and I pay for all the gas, perhaps?

Awe, sorry to hear that. Hope you have a wonderful weekend wherever you go!

I’m due to have a baby right around then.. so I won’t be joining.. but I hope you all have a wonderful time!

Right now nothing else is on the calendar for us for June 18-20, but it's highly unlikely Kristin is going to consent to traveling with me the weekend before her last big week of work before taking it on the road for two weeks, so I'd be traveling solo . . .

Incorrect prediction on my part. Kristin is all in for the weekend of June 18-20, and we'll probably arrive wherever it is the night before; it's even possible we can rearrange our schedule somewhat the following weekend to attend a good bit of the gathering, probably having to leave Sunday morning.

Again, woo-hoo!

Thanks, Benders.

Keith

P.S. Still open to car-pooling.

I’m due to have a baby right around then.. so I won’t be joining.. but I hope you all have a wonderful time!
Best Father's Day gift ever! We have a son born the 21st....and it was the day after fathers day.

Unable, if only people were closer to Georgia. I would love to meet with others and talk face to face. It has been rather hard to talk with like-minded folks openly.

Update: It looks like we are in Branson, MO - tried Eureka Springs, but everything is nearly full, and campground with meeting space not working out. June 18th-20th for sure.
Our hotel has breakfast, and the meeting room of course, but you are not required to stay there - there are campgrounds nearby, and plenty of cheaper or nicer hotels. (Ours will be $88/night.)
Will try to send a newsletter out by Monday, and details the next day.

We are celebrating Shavuot June 19th with our local fellowship. But we'll join up on the 18th and the 20th.

Correction, we are celebrating Shavuot June 20th. But we'll join up on the 18th and 19th.

Not sure we can make it. Saving days for a son's wedding/marriage a bit later in the summer...

Back