• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer BF get-together - this is happening

Keith is back. We met Keith, then went for lunch. In the parking lot now. Will come back to the lobby in a few minutes. Staff said we can use the conference room early if we want.

We moved to the conference room, if anyone else is here early and wants to meet.

We are here, checking in now

Have you went to lunch yet
I have.

Sorry; I never ended up opening my laptop up again.

Are you here, FaithinGod, and, if so, please introduce me to yourself so I can put a name to an avatar!

Excellent 4+ hours of introductions, sharing and sermons.

It's amazing how shifts in what I have come to expect of myself result in shifts in how valuable I experience other people around me as being -- even those who until now have been strangers to me.

I'm very thankful for this gathering being organized.

Jealous. .. praying you guys have an awesome weekend...

On the 'fun side' we'll have Shabbat here with our fellowship like every week... and our small home fellowship has six BF forum members and five families that have attended a retreat at one point or another... so, home fellowships that accept poly as normal are possible!

Excellent 4+ hours of introductions, sharing and sermons.

It's amazing how shifts in what I have come to expect of myself result in shifts in how valuable I experience other people around me as being -- even those who until now have been strangers to me.

I'm very thankful for this gathering being organized.

Is there any chance some of those sermons were recorded and might get posted here. I remember that was done some in the past.

I hope you all have a great time. I'll be praying for everyone there.

A big thank you to all those who made it to retreat this weekend. I really enjoyed meeting the new families and catching up with some old timers. It was lots of good conversation and several meals of Burnt Ends! We don't have those in FL, so I had them 3 times this weekend. Yum! This retreat was a good start to having more this year (hopefully). Looking forward to seeing more of you all as the year goes by.

Thank you, @julieb, @nathan and @Nita! There were people I missed, but (and no disrespect intended to anyone else) that was balanced out by fellowship with those who were strangers to me prior to this past weekend. What a gift to be surrounded by people who are willing to link spiritual hands to provide a safety net of joyous support for each other. I'm also thankful for the opportunity it provided for my wife to give her testimony in a group that will lovingly challenge her to refrain from forgetting what she's learned lately.

Too many high points to prioritize them, but, boy, did we have fun late Saturday night once most of the girls disappeared! (I know; that's a big tease, but the rest of y'all will just have to show up at one of these to get a sense of what I'm hinting at if you've never been to a retreat.)

So, Emily and I are "Real People" now, right? And Laura whenever she signs up.
We no longer label people as Real People. I think it's just New Member, Member and Seasoned Member!

But anyone who questions @Philip or @Emily from here on out will have me to contend with!

Welcome again, and please give our love to Laura and your great brood.

I still see "Real Person" under a bunch of names.

Amen to all of that.

I'm sorry, @Philip; I was just looking in the wrong place!

We met @TruthHunter as well, and there is no doubt all these people are quite real!

We had a great time!! AND we ended the retreat with a bang car towed.jpg Yes that is the Mercedes on a trailer behind us.

This car broke down.jpg is what happened... the harmonic balancer and drive belt tensioner went south. It was an unexpected repair that cost a little over 7 shiny pennies. The harmonic balancer was the main culprit.

Count it all joy. Our daughter came and picked us up. 1.5 hr home to get truck and trailer and 1.5 hr back to the car aannD 1.5 hr back home. We talked some about the retreat with Natalya.

The retreat was GREAT and it was nice meeting new friends, looking forward to the next one.

I can't step into a hotel on a sabbath or high sabbath.
I was slightly exaggerating here for the sake of being brief. It is more nuanced than that. I'm good with being inside a hotel on a Shabbat so long as I can be sure there will be no one serving me in any way. That is tricky but can be done but I didn't feel it could be done for the conference room. It has no "do not disturb" sign to make them not clean (tho maybe they would comply by verbal request). And it needs to be locked and unlocked for us as they don't have a special key card for it (I couldn't see a way around this).

A friend pointed out this exaggeration and I decided I needed to clarify so people don't get the idea that it is impossible to travel under my beliefs.

Back