• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer Retreat and Family Conference, Aug 29 - Sept 2nd, 2024, SouthWest Missouri

At your age, are there new jokes?

Anybody coming, who hasn't left home yet, bring frisbees! Esp. golf frisbees if you got them. Big field, and a disc course. See you soon!
Soccer balls, or any long range game, too. (Still got lawn darts??)

\0/ HalleluYaH such a blessed time at the retreat. So many new faces and such sweet fellowship. I have one small problem though... I think all the ladies used up all my wife's hugs, I haven't gotten one yet :( Rumor has it this was the largest one yet, a great big shout out to @julieb for all she has done at the retreat, food preparation is no small task. I know she had some help, but it is still a lot of work to feed as many people as she did. Also a big shout out to @nathan and @RonHiggins for keeping us all in line and making sure things go smoothly. And a big shout out to @andrew and his amazing family for the music that we all got to enjoy. May YaHWeH continue to bless all of you who had a part in making this fun-filled weekend happen.

Oh, by the way, we are home :) And I am going to bed early tonight and not early in the morning. :) I am tired!!
My grandpa would have said "Early to bed and early to rise does NOT mean the same day!" But he was a busy man who often 'burned the candle at both ends.'
We were also busy and tired. I went with my husband yesterday to Flagstaff to pick up our son who rode the train back to Arizona from back east (Tulsa area) the schedule said 9:15 arrival. Actual arrival after delays was about 11:00. I was sleeping so hard in our van by the time it arrived I didn't even get up to greet him. I woke up about 1am as he turned onto our street. 5 and 6 hour nights cause some sleep debt. Gotta pay up eventually!

Back