• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Summer retreat(s)

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
OK, it's June 1st and time for some feedback. I have this rough idea in my head of 2 smaller retreats: 1 Tennessee or Carolinas, 1 Texas, since everyone would be driving, not flying I think this year, keeps our size down as well. (California guys are welcome to add one as well, but I don't think I'll be going West this year.)
We actually have a possible option in both Tenn and smaller-town central TX.

Dates for both would need to be between July 7, (only 5 weeks away, maybe too soon) and Aug 7th.

So, if you would consider making one of these, could you please reply, or send @julieb and me a PM.
Tell us which one you'd be able to make, and what dates would (or wouldn't if easier) work for you.

And would you prefer a location where we can do meals together, or bring your own food? A campground-style location only? Or would you consider hotel-style?

We hope to have some decisions made in next 2 weeks. It's possible only one of these works out (or neither), so apologies ahead of time if it doesn't work out for you.

Or should we just wait and try for October, or after Thanksgiving?

Thanks, Nathan

Last edited:
I am excited.... A retreat where we make and consune food togethor at the retreat grounds I would perfer. Gives everyone time to clear there mind and Grow closer to God. I would perfer any week of July except for first week of July. A place with great hiking trails and places to be outside and enjoy fellowship would be nice. Would perfer Tennessee. The world is falling apart/ being dismantled these are challenging times there is no gurranttee in October or Thanksgiving they wont be worse. We need to pray and fast continuely. Spending time worshiping God and fellowshiping is imperative. I feel one retreat would be better than 2. God I pray your will be done on this situation give us clarity and clear steps to take Amen

My hubby and I would love to attend. TN would be closer, but wouldn’t necessarily discount going to TX. (I have never been there...). We would NOT be able to attend the weekend of July 18-22. Would enjoy meals together and a campground setting. Hopefully things will come together for a fun event. Thanks for making the attempt to organize a get together!

We would not miss a Texas event. We might go to an event in Tenn or Carolinas. Might even fly as ticket prices are still pretty low (I think).

Our calendar seems pretty much free between July 7th and Aug 7th.

I think we would be so excited about an event after being cooped up so long that we would really have no opinion about meals or food or type of location. Anything that makes it easier for others to attend we would be for.

Texas event we would bring our kids. Probably not bring them to the other locations.

Last edited:
July 18-20 is a family "maroonion" for us, so we would have to pick which to attend. The following weekend I marked off including travel time. If it is later we can always move scheduled work forward. Folks mind that less then the opposite, postponing a week.
We enjoyed last year and hope to see familiar faces and meet new friends this year......"Lord willin' n the creek don't rise." :)

TN would be great! Either option is fine. If we camp we'll have our horsetrailer and a portable air conditioner though lol.

We are currently in the middle of working on a sketchy house-selling endeavor with a young couple, so we can't make exact plans right now, but my family definitely wants to attend a gathering in either place. It will all depend on whether we're in the middle of something we can't interrupt or whether we've already moved from Pennsylvania to Texas.

It’s not looking good for us at this point

It’s not looking good for us at this point
You are supposed to give us good news. I can't find my dislike button. :(

August 7th would be great for us, right after our anniversary, Paula's sitting here humming it'll be our anniversary vacay. Either state is fine, but if we are in Texas we can swing by and say hi to the grandbabies. I know I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Thanks to everyone who replied about retreat. We are gathering info, looking at different weekends for different states and praying. Hope to have some information soon for you all.

OK, it's June 1st and time for some feedback. I have this rough idea in my head of 2 smaller retreats: 1 Tennessee or Carolinas, 1 Texas, since everyone would be driving, not flying I think this year, keeps our size down as well. (California guys are welcome to add one as well, but I don't think I'll be going West this year.)

Dates for both would need to be between July 7, (only 5 weeks away, maybe too soon) and Aug 7th.

So, if you would consider making one of these, could you please reply, or send @julieb and me a PM.
Tell us which one you'd be able to make, and what dates would (or wouldn't if easier) work for you.

And would you prefer a location where we can do meals together, or bring your own food? A campground-style location only? Or would you consider hotel-style?

We hope to have some decisions made in next 2 weeks. It's possible only one of these works out (or neither), so apologies ahead of time if it doesn't work out for you.

Thanks, Nathan
keep us posted Tim Ellen

Thanks, Nathan
Lynn, the twins, and I would be able to make the Tennessee retreat for sure. Maybe The Carolina one too.

Hi all, so this has been tough - after hoping to do both locations, we had to focus on just one, and delay one until fall. But logistics for that didn't work out either, between cost and event-center or hotel meeting room restrictions. We've decided that we are not able to do any retreat this summer, and will turn our attention to later in the fall, when hopefully things will be easier. Very sorry.

Back