• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

SUPPLEMENTS

You guys are too funny! Nah, you can talk all you want CecilW. I would never want to offend you.

SweetLissa

Okay, I'm back here to retake this SERIOUS thread :D I have heard about the Garlic Tonic - haven't tried it yet because 1. I can't get horseradish & not sure about the peppers (sounds like my red pepper nose sniffer which I tend to avoid using in spite of serious problems) and 2. I'm not supposed to use anything fermented.

I have repeated sinus headaches, allergy issues, and messed up immune system. I also hear that Bee Pollen is good for allergy and immune system problems. Does anyone have anything else useful to say on this subject? Particularly for sinus? I'm trying to substitute for any OTC sinus headache meds. I'm taking 2,000 mg powdered vit C every day (would take more but having to order it I'm rationing it)

Beta

Immune System? I was reading just today that Cinnamon is good for your immune system.

So is coconut oil taken internally. One of the acids in it literally weakens and disolves the cell walls of viruses and various harmful bacteria and they fall apart.

This evening, I stumbled across an old recipe for a health tonic hidden away on one of my old disk drives. The original recipe is so old that it instructs you to grind the ingredients in a food grinder, rather than suggesting a blender. A more recent addition directs you to the latter. I haven't tried it, but I'll just bet it would accomplish SOMEthing! Here ya go ...

Natural Antibiotic

Cut up, raw, and place in a blender. ...

(2) whole Grapefruit, including skins
(2) whole Lemons, including skins
(1) Orange (skin? Didn't say)
(0.5) medium Onion
(6) cloves garlic
A few drops of peppermint oil
Several dates
(2) Apples
A piece of ginger (Size?)
1 cup water

Blend and consume. No dosage instructions were given, but I'd guess you DON'T want to chug the whole concoction straight down.

Enjoy!

Lovely Cecil! I love all those ingredients...separately at least. Let me see what I can do. At least they knew what was good for them in the old days! My mom made her own baby food in Africa with a small food grinder. We also had one of those irons really made out of iron that you filled with coal and swung to keep the coals the right temp. It was an arm muscle workout and ironing - two in one! Those were the days...

You could just eat the garlic by itself. That would clear up the sinuses and kill any infection, if there is one. I just chop up about half a clove of raw garlic and eat it with a teaspoon of honey or jelly to help it not be so hot. Even my 5 year old will eat it like that. Just eat it fast. Honey is also supposed to help with sinuses and allergies (probably along the same lines as the bee pollen), but I think it's supposed to be from within 30 miles of where you live.

And I recommend coconut oil for just about anything and everything

Speaking of coconut oil, ...

Beta if you try that recipe above, addinhg coconut oil or a can of coconut milk to the blended mix would probably be a further benefit. Might even mellow the flavor a bit if it is overwhelming, what with the citrus skins.

And I agree, DeeAnn, Coconut oil is amazing stuff. I get the virgin coconut oil at Walmart and drink it straight. You know those little 2.6 oz (or so) bottles of mouthwash you can get in the travel section. I wash those out real good, and fill them with the coconut oil. Sipping one of those over the course of a morning (I know it sounds weird) leaves me feeling energized all day AND seems to supress my appetite for junk food. At least for that day.

Supplements are essential for human body which contains important ingredients. I am taking Green drink to keep myself healthy and to boost my energy. It is really effective. You should also try this.

Good article, Asia.

I did a bit of further study. Looks like most all the research done on using cinnamon to help diabetes have been done with the Cassia version.

What is the true risk? I don't know, but wonder if it is like a poison (strichnine?) in apple seeds. Yep, it's there. But you'd have to eat a garage full of pure apple seeds to get enough to bother you!

More or less the same turns out to be true regarding the estrogens in soy beans, but anyone anti-soy, such as the meat industry, enjoys trumpeting their presence and scaring folks off.

Who might profit from us being scared to use a simple, inexpensive remedy like cinnamon? :roll:

It is unclear of how much of the inexpensive cinnamon one would have to consume to have an issue. According to the article that the inexpensive kind of cinnamon could cause liver damage. But when it comes to the already ground up cinnamon it is almost impossible to discern if it is true cinnamon or the "cheap" knock off cinnamon. If you use the inexpensive type of cinnamon in small amounts I hardly doubt it would pose such a threat. I just thought it was a very interesting article even though I really cant answer any questions, but with most things in this world you get what you pay for.

I however have been becoming very interested in Apple Cider Vinegar. I started using it recently. It really doesn't have a great taste to it, but thus far I seem to like how it makes me feel and I am learning that it has many many countless health benefits on the body. I put some in my juice this morning and I think it actually enhanced the natural flavor of the juice and couldn't taste the bitter tartness of the ACV.

Can you get the same benefits from apple cider, or must you let it turn to vinegar before drinking it? :D

My father used to drink apple cider vinegar for years when I was young, he thought it was good for him, I have no way of telling if it actually did any good or not.

Cinnamon is a very good remedy for Diabetes if You get the pure cinnamon, no fillers. I've never saw the good stuff at a grocery store. It can be found at high end Health Food stores. I don't know what the fillers are, in the cheap stuff.

Me,

Apple Cider Vinegar has many uses. Taken internally, it's an acid. Most people's body is too acidic anyway. Being too acidic is dangerous. Cancer can only live in an acidic body, not in an alkaline body. 7 is nutral.
Apple Cider Vinegar has one use that is better than anything else. For Sprains, such as Sprained ankles. If applied immediately to a sprained ankle, there will be very little swelling, if any at all.
Application; Heat about 1 Qt. apple cider vinegar to a temp. as hot as You can hold Your finger in without burning it. Soak a towel in the hot vinegar, and wrap it arownd the sprained joint, as the towel cools, pour the rest of the vinegar over the towel, letting it soak into the towel. Let the towel stay on the joint until it gets cool. If it's a real bad sprain, You might have to do it again within 1 hour. I've never saw, or heard of anything better for sprains, or pulled mussels.

Me,

golden2seal said:
Cinnamon is a very good remedy for Diabetes if You get the pure cinnamon, no fillers.

Actually it is not "very good". The research shows it may, but not conclusively, gain you about 5 points on your blood sugar levels - not enough to make much of a difference. So certainly worth a try and worth adding to your diet, but not very reliable and not "very good" by any means.

Apple Cider Vinegar has many uses. Taken internally, it's an acid.
what I have read is that, while it is very acidic, the effect on the body when it is ingested is very alkalizing. lemons fall into this category also.
also listed as alkalizing is blackstrap molasses.

Back