• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Supreme Court challenge of cohabitation and bigamy laws

Verifyveritas76

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
So we all know it’s only a matter of time before someone we know will be charged and arrested for one of these issues.

At that time, wouldn’t it be awesome if likeminded and sympathetic people could use that case to challenge the status quo all the way to the Supreme Court and get these unconstitutional laws struck from the Code and relegated to the history books?

Sounds great! Right? It’s gonna take a lot of money and support to make that happen.

I would challenge each of you that wanna see poly become a legit form of legal marital structure to begin setting money aside for the day when this becomes reality for you or someone you know.

How surprised would a DA be if our response to the charges was not to be in fear and trembling, but rather to say, “Bring it on!” “Let’s do this!

The Browns case went to the Supreme Court. And they probably would have won their case. However, they were turned away because they did not have standing. Basically, because there were no charges against the Browns, they weren’t the injured party. The Browns filed suit against the state of Utah preemptively and so were the aggressors presenting their case as if they were the injured party. Thus, no standing.

How much more free would we all feel to live our lives and build our families, knowing that if any of us were charged, it would be an opportunity for all of us to bring this into the light of day and have legal standing and the financial backing to push back?

The Browns case went to the Supreme Court. And they probably would have won their case. However, they were turned away because they did not have standing.
Just the fact that this happened may give most prosecutors pause to pursue any cases because they expect to lose if pushed into federal courts.

Yep. I think they’d rather not poke that bear because it would be the catalyst for massive change in marriage doctrine.
Therefore, it is an uncodified 'protection' that an ignorant prosecutor can be threatened with. Most, when faced with the potential dragon, would not want to, as you say, poke him in the eye.

I can't quite understand why bridges aren't being built between Mormons who practice PM and Christians that do as well. If the two could come together it would be a force to reckon with, I think.
Understand.. but an easier coalition to build might be between the growing black Christian/Israelite community as well as with Hebrew roots/ Torah communities. There are more faith connections than with Mormons... jmho

I can't quite understand why bridges aren't being built between Mormons who practice PM and Christians that do as well. If the two could come together it would be a force to reckon with, I think.
The divide is similar to the one with Islam. There is just so much we can't agree on, their Christology is just right on the line, the Book or Mormon is pretty far out there and celestial marriage just doesn't line up with scripture. I know the enemy of.my enemy is my friend supposedly but that would be a very uneasy alliance.

Understand.. but an easier coalition to build might be between the growing black Christian/Israelite community as well as with Hebrew roots/ Torah communities. There are more faith connections than with Mormons... jmho
That is a more natural fit and these communities are proving remakably open to the idea. We have to follow find a way to get past the incredibly strong defenses and isolationist tendencies of some of these groups.

That is a more natural fit and these communities are proving remakably open to the idea. We have to follow find a way to get past the incredibly strong defenses and isolationist tendencies of some of these groups.
The question men like Hondo Solomon and Pastor Dowell need to answer is, 'am I more concerned by the elites destroying culture and by extension the black families, or the white males who believe the same Elohim and share a vision for a very different and more righteous culture that may not be just 'brown?'

The divide is similar to the one with Islam. There is just so much we can't agree on, their Christology is just right on the line, the Book or Mormon is pretty far out there and celestial marriage just doesn't line up with scripture. I know the enemy of.my enemy is my friend supposedly but that would be a very uneasy alliance.

We have to get over 'being right' about our religion and work together on common interests. We may not agree on much if anything religious wise, but decriminalizing polygamy is a pretty narrow goal. If we don't, we may find ourselves in a situation where polygamy is legal for Mormons and Muslims but illegal for Christians.

The question men like Hondo Solomon and Pastor Dowell need to answer is, 'am I more concerned by the elites destroying culture and by extension the black families, or the white males who believe the same Elohim and share a vision for a very different and more righteous culture that may not be just 'brown?'
The really hard sticking points are going to be around recognizing authorities. The Dowell's of the world are going to require absolute ideological purity and submission. They are only going to be interested in someone joining them not cooperating with largely like minded people.

We have to get over 'being right' about our religion and work together on common interests. We may not agree on much if anything religious wise, but decriminalizing polygamy is a pretty narrow goal. If we don't, we may find ourselves in a situation where polygamy is legal for Mormons and Muslims but illegal for Christians.
I don't disagree but the deceived will always cooperate against the Truth. The real answer is for the Truth seekers to become strong. Alliances with Deception are not strengths. I'm not saying we shouldn't cooperate on the issues our interests coincide on but we will always be alone when push comes to shove.

The really hard sticking points are going to be around recognizing authorities. The Dowell's of the world are going to require absolute ideological purity and submission. They are only going to be interested in someone joining them not cooperating with largely like minded people.
Not sure I agree... while Dowell is very hardline in some areas, I do think he is willing to build some coalitions. I've seen him interview Hondo and Dr. Gina Murray, both of which have differing thelogical beliefs within the 'Christian' perspective. Both are African-American, so that is a barrier that may or may not be real... his military background should help a few of us build bridges as we've all operated in a largely colorless environment. ...

Hmmm... I've never reached out to him. Guess I know what I'll be doing this evening.

Please keep us posted on any response you get. Way to go for stepping up to reach out to him.
I specifically pointed him to this thread and the current 'Another reason God allowed polygyny' thread as I know he is leading a Torah based community that (I assume) supports polygyny.

I specifically pointed him to this thread and the current 'Another reason God allowed polygyny' thread as I know he is leading a Torah based community that (I assume) supports polygyny.
It encourages my heart greatly as I see the men interacting in this BF family, discussing, strategizing, planning, thinking of how to promote their desire and conviction of plural marriage!

Back