• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Supreme Court challenge of cohabitation and bigamy laws

Instead of just talking about "one day" there being a change, why are we not actively pursuing it? Let's create a coalition, build the awareness withinn the poly communities raise money, tith or donate to the coalition and start working to legalize it. Talking about change but not doing anything it is like farting in the wind! IMO
I also think it should be organized by poly supporters rather than those actively living it to protect the families already in place. Again JMO

I like your idea, but this needs to be something that is done at the grassroots level. In other words, when you have a coalition where the funds are kept, you have just created both a monster that must be fed, and have created an easy localized target that can be eliminated by the antipoly peeps.

IMO the funds need to be kept like the 1Cor 16 model. Each man lay by him in store. Ask God what amount you should set by and “sanctify” it for this purpose. I’ve been praying about it lately and have my number for now. I’ll let you all know when I’ve ‘sanctified” it!

Back to legal stuff:

I'm in the process of moving from a more defensive/reactive stance to a more aggressive/proactive one. An idea I've been kicking around (inside my head) since this past weekend (during libertarian activities) is setting up a PAC to endorse and support candidates that would decriminalize bigamy or get the gummint out of marriage altogether (except for the adjudicating and enforcement of private contracts). My focus is Texas, so I'm not sure how much this would benefit other states, but my interest here is not so much in the short game of getting a particular candidate elected in, say, 2020, as in the long game of using the PAC as a show of force and starting a real dialogue with legislators (and getting candidates elected ultimately, of course), so in that sense a win for any one of us is a win for all of us.

For more info or to get involved, please PM me.
Your a Libertarian? My Man! I am super conservative but when it comes to Government you can't beat Libertarianism. Government is oppression at its worse and inefficient at its best. I'm pretty Sure God is Libertarian too knowing how he didn't want a king for his people but rather a close government ran by judges.

Oh, yeah. Been getting more and more involved in the Libertarian Party of Texas over the past couple of years. I highly recommend it! ;)

Your a Libertarian? My Man! I am super conservative but when it comes to Government you can't beat Libertarianism. Government is oppression at its worse and inefficient at its best. I'm pretty Sure God is Libertarian too knowing how he didn't want a king for his people but rather a close government ran by judges.
You had me until "G-d is a Libertarian" ;)
613 Laws!

I'm not for state-sponsored marriage period, and if I were to redo my first marriage I would not have it state-sanctioned. IMO the state has no damn business in families, period. But of course that does mean that Tim and Tom get to live together if they want. *shrug*

Just a gentle reminder, for those of us with foreign wives we need to be able to register the marriage with a state otherwise we can't get visas for them to enter the US.
Of course it's great if the gov't got out of the business of marriage, and out of the church business, and out of our hair altogether, but as immigration currently works we need to have polygamy legalized.
Also for the fellas looking for a 2nd wife, it may be easier to find a broad abroad. (see what I did there? :p)

Just a gentle reminder, for those of us with foreign wives we need to be able to register the marriage with a state otherwise we can't get visas for them to enter the US.

Why should that be a goal?

IshChayil wrote: Just a gentle reminder, for those of us with foreign wives we need to be able to register the marriage with a state otherwise we can't get visas for them to enter the US."
RockFox response: Why should that be a goal?
Uh,,,, why would we want to bring our wives home with us??? Not sure that needs an answer Rock.

As far as immigration goes, youre right, and that is the situation I am faced with should I try to move to almost any other country, is finding out how to get my wives visas without being on a spouse visa. The other options are work visa, sometimes missions visa, and education visa. Not sure if there are other broadly available ones besides those.
Well going from the US to other countries is a lot easier (depending on the country).
If you went to the country Georgia, for example, Americans get a 1 year free visa on arrival (b/c they are grateful about the USSR's downfall).
Try coming to the US from Georgia though...
One of my wives is a doctor and was invited to a medical conference in the states; our embassy denied her visa. The person was at least nice and explained to her that there is a risk of 3rd world doctors coming then staying and working as nurses; which they can qualify for easily apparently once in the states.
This was before we were together. Anyway most countries you'd ever want to be at visa-free requirements for 90 days for Americans so if you wanted to take your wives to country xyz you could just bring in the extra wives for that time period then they could border jump for a day then come back for another 90 days. I used to do this in the Ukraine when I lived there. Every 90 days got a cheap ticket somewhere or took a train to Poland then back. All the European countries offer this 90 days no visa for Americans.
Don't know if this helps your situation or not...

Back