• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Taken in Hand/Domestic Discipline

While I can't relate too much to maybe the more naughty side of this, but I would consider my marriage to my husband to be somewhat inline with the concepts if taken in hand. Rejecting the teachings of femenism is something my whole family feels strongly about. The Bible states in many ways that men and women were created different and serve different purposes.

In my home my husband has final say on all things. Whether it be financial, family, or spiritual decisions. Us wives look to him for guidance and obey his word as God intended, but this doesn't mean we are his slaves. He provides for us a home, food, safety, and the motivation to serve God as was intended. We as wives take care of the home, child raising, and of course all of his needs. We feel like this dynamic works for us because we have a platform of trust between us. Does he "discipline" us when we are out of line? Yes! Does he abuse us or leave us afraid of him? No!

Its a very fine line that needs to be descided between everyone involved. It works for us but may not work for you. Communication is key here. :)

Note that if there are no consequences for women beating men, you can expect that to increase, just as if there are consequences for men beating women you can expect that to decrease. So the logically expected result of the current legal system's bias would be an increase in violence from women and a decrease in violence from men, accompanied by an official ignorance of the fact this is occurring. Just as would occur if you let your daughters hit your sons with no consequences but heavily punished your sons the moment they even hinted at hitting their sister. Culture is learned.

Seeing this topic for the first time in a long time.

Discipline comes in many forms and it isn't always punishment but can be viewed as loving guidance.

I often go on about the shortcomings of men who expect submission from their wife/wives when they have not demonstrated or proven themselves to be worthy leaders.

Now I want to focus on the shortcomings of the women who want a masculine man but then expect him to act modern and sensitive.

Yeah, no. That's not how this works. And it is absurd of any woman to want a traditional real man and then expect him to submit to her. :rolleyes:

And before someone calls me a hypocrite I'll do it myself. ;)

I freely sought out and chose to marry a real man and all of my idiotic ideas were smashed in short order.

He made clear from the start that my first job as his wife was to have his baby and to be sexually available for him. Adjusting to this was an act of submission on my part and it wasn't easy. Writing about it dredges up the feelings I had back then and I'm happy that it is all in my past.

But adjust and submit I did. And he loved me and cared for me and went way beyond anything I ever expected of him. The few times that I have ever stood up to him on something he's listened to me because I almost never do that. He is credible with me as a leader and I am credible with him because I love his leadership and he knows it. If I have a problem with his leadership he knows my reason isn't trivial.

In so many ways he has lovingly guided me into being the person he wanted to be married to and into being the person he knew I could be. He took an insecure and troubled teenager and made her into someone who is right now leading a family and running a ranch while he's too sick to do it himself. I look back at things I wrote fifteen years ago and the person I see in those words is alien to me now.

Too many women these days are like the woman in the video I saw posted on here. She's a woke liberal and she's not satisfied with the effeminate and pathetic male beings the liberals have to settle for. She wants a masculine man and then she's not connecting that masculine men are conservative because they're man enough not to buy into the (sorry, but this is the right word) bullshit that the woke world is pushing these days.

Masculine men live in the real world where a man is not a woman just because he puts on a dress.

Woke women can't accept a guy who calls things for what they are. And they're torn because that's what a real man looks like and deep down they know that it's the real man who will protect them when they need to be protected. It's the real man who will take his marriage vows seriously and not run away the first time he feels like he needs to go find himself.

Any woman wanting to have children knows that effeminate men and lesbians are no substitute for a real man who wants to be a good husband and a good father.

Yet it's women in the faith who are all too often expecting real men to conform to worldly expectations. I do it too.

We chafe at the idea of submitting to a man because the world has convinced us that men are always wrong and women are always right. We think the world would be better with us in charge but instead it is a more dangerous place because women with irrational ideas are making irrational decisions and demanding that everyone else nod their heads in approval.

I could probably write a book here. I'll try not to.

Getting to my point it is only by submitting to a worthy man that we can be worthy women. Men and women separately are each LESS than one half of a whole.

Men and women are intended by God to be more together than we can ever be apart.

It starts with a worthy man. But that worthy man deserves a worthy woman and maybe more than one!

He does not deserve someone who has so cleaved to the world that she thinks woke ideas are good or normal. Isaiah 5:20 comes to mind here:

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Right now I am helping to take care of my husband who is unlikely to see his 59th birthday in September. He sacrificed a lot to take me into his home and he asked a lot of me along the way. In return he found he could trust me with small things so he started to trust me with big things. He encouraged me to take risks. He encouraged me to be more of a person than I ever thought I could be.

God's Plan has been writ large in this house, this family, and in my heart. My worthy man I hope has found in me his worthy wife.

But none of this would have happened had I not put God, my husband, and his family ahead of the world in my heart. I had to submit before I could receive my reward.

If only I could bottle this up and share it. I would if I could. I would love for more women to come to the truth that the world is full of empty promises and lies and that the truth lies in being a Godly woman and an obedient wife and mother.

I feel sorry for the women who settle for half a man when I was blessed by a merciful God with a man who is everything to me.

Back