• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Telegony

The daily reading for our family today brought to mind this discussion, from Proverbs 27:19:

As in water face reflects face,
So the heart of man reflects man.

Although this relates more to physiognomy; I have noticed that in people who have lived a hard life you can see it in the face or in their skin. Technically, telegony is more biological determinism, but to the extent it may work the other way around; it may follow the same operative pathways as Telegony.

This topic came up before. I will locate the thread and post the link.

If you look closer in the study, you will find that the presence of male cells occurred in females who were virgins. Now, the researchers had to rely on the veracity of these women, but it was as scientific as you can expect.

IIRC, the other wrench in this is that most nonvirgins had no other detectable male cells.

Mutations are naturally occurring phenomena. Even cloned animals have differences (someone check that statement. I'm relying on memory)

Is it possible that these rogue cells are mutated male cells from an absorbed male twin that did not survive? I've seen plenty of pictures of folks growing an extra thumb or set of teeth on their leg or attached to their abdomen. It happens. Cancer cells happen. Is it possible that conclusions are being drawn from preconceptions?

Lost in all of this talk of "genetic purity" is the concept of adoption and grafting. The Bible uses these metaphor without blinking. We essentially experience God through this adoption process.

This study of DNA is not reporting on physical science but on quatum science.

If a women who has slept with a lot of men holds in her mind the concept of their presents in her life, that will reflect its presents in her DNA. No different than the sheep who saw stripped sticks.

So, if a white woman slept with a 6'9" black basketball player, it's likely her future offspring will have those traits?

I've seen Sarah Palin's kids...none of them look black or play professional basketball.[/QUOTE]

This topic came up before. I will locate the thread and post the link.

If you look closer in the study, you will find that the presence of male cells occurred in females who were virgins. Now, the researchers had to rely on the veracity of these women, but it was as scientific as you can expect.

IIRC, the other wrench in this is that most nonvirgins had no other detectable male cells.

Mutations are naturally occurring phenomena. Even cloned animals have differences (someone check that statement. I'm relying on memory)

Is it possible that these rogue cells are mutated male cells from an absorbed male twin that did not survive? I've seen plenty of pictures of folks growing an extra thumb or set of teeth on their leg or attached to their abdomen. It happens. Cancer cells happen. Is it possible that conclusions are being drawn from preconceptions?

Lost in all of this talk of "genetic purity" is the concept of adoption and grafting. The Bible uses these metaphor without blinking. We essentially experience God through this adoption process.

Two likely explanations:
  1. They lied and weren't virgins.
  2. They were only vaginal virgins and had engaged in a fair amount of oral or anal sex.

Two likely explanations:
  1. They lied and weren't virgins.
  2. They were only vaginal virgins and had engaged in a fair amount of oral or anal sex.
I corrected myself in the subsequent thread. It was not virgin/nonvirgin.

The microchimera study discovered that only 20% of pregnant women showed the micro chimera phenomenon. It wasn't statistically significant in my mind.

Back