• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The futility of on-line dating (my little rant which may help you gain perspective)

Since we cannot physically kidnap anybody into the kingdom of Heaven, the word compel would seem to have a different meaning in the case of marriage.
Let’s just confine ourselves to inviting them.

Compel, that would be one translation for the word translated marry in the OT.

My meaning is someone who is willing to take instruction and improve herself, rather than give you instruction.. hahaha.

biddable

In that case, do you have any daughters available for the taking?

On second thought, better send that answer privately. I wouldn’t want to have a bout of fisticuffs with any of the other fine gentlemen.

I come form across the great pond. I have no idea what that tv series is about, but understand the connotation is somewhat negative.

My meaning is someone who is willing to take instruction and improve herself, rather than give you instruction.. hahaha.
Yes I figured that’s what you meant, but it was an amusing picture in my mind haha

The book, Pilgrim’s Progress, comes from your side of the pond ;)

The book, Pilgrim’s Progress, comes from your side of the pond ;)
You mean that John and Paul Bunyan weren’t brothers?
Oh wait, John and Paul were musicians from that side of the pond.
Now I gots it.

I gotta stop :confused:

Never make the assumption that someone’s present domicile, is their country of origin or assume they have been in the said country of domicile for any length of time. You may be crowned as the king ASSumption maker!

This forum is no better than Facebook. Who the hell would want to be a part of a community just to be trolled ?

Consider me a non member. This is my last post and visit to this website.

This forum is no better than Facebook. Who the hell would want to be a part of a community just to be trolled ?

Son, did somebody put starch in your undies?

We are a cross section of society that disagree vehemently on some of our theology.
When we can, we like to cut up and share some chuckles. Come down off of your high horse and share a bottle of your favorite bubbly around the campfire. The opposition that we face out there in the darkness is deadly serious and we do our best to assist each other in having a merry heart.
Proverbs 15:13 (KJV)
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

Proverbs 15:15 (KJV)
All the days of the afflicted [are] evil: but he that is of a merry heart [hath] a continual feast.

Proverbs 17:22 (KJV)
A merry heart doeth good [like] a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

P

Pilgrims not popular in Africa either. They all ended up in shallow graves. Do visit.

Dude, the joke had nothing to do with you but with the regional European governments that lead to the pilgrims that founded the country we (us in the US) live. Had nothing to do with another group of pilgrims that didn't fair so well in your country, or country you use to live in.

Just having fun. Stick around enjoy the show, and be a part of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sol, lighten up. Nobody was harassing you, people just found something you said funny. And it was a completely honest error - but also a funny error, because Pilgrim's Progress would be the last thing anybody would make into a TV show, it's a retelling of the Gospel itself. But people can laugh at a joke without laughing at you. Relax.

@Sol I can see how you’d think that some of the guys were trolling. I can assure you that they were just cutting up.

Pilgrims Progress is a classic that a lot of young Christians went thru as literature here in the US. It was written by an incredible believer in England as he was imprisoned for his faith many years ago. If you haven’t had the opportunity yet, it is well worth the read.

Read the modern version, not the original. Flows better. Also the new Netflix or Amazon movie is really not so good as far as I am concerned.

Also, just a side note, The Shack is a really cool movie.

I wasn’t trolling you, sir. I was making a joke that I thought you would surely get, as Pilgrim’s Progress is known the world over, and would laugh along with me.

From Wikipedia:

The Pilgrim's Progress from This World, to That Which Is to Come
is a 1678 Christian allegory written by John Bunyan. It is regarded as one of the most significant works of religious English literature, has been translated into more than 200 languages, and has never been out of print. It has also been cited as the first novel written in English.

Sorry that you felt trolled :(

I wasn’t trolling you, sir. I was making a joke that I thought you would surely get, as Pilgrim’s Progress is known the world over, and would laugh along with me.

From Wikipedia:

The Pilgrim's Progress from This World, to That Which Is to Come
is a 1678 Christian allegory written by John Bunyan. It is regarded as one of the most significant works of religious English literature, has been translated into more than 200 languages, and has never been out of print. It has also been cited as the first novel written in English.

Sorry that you felt trolled :(

Back