• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat The "Golden Calf" is SO 'yesterday'

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
If you're paying attention to the "times and seasons" at all, you can't help but notice that merely insane no longer describes the beyond-insanity that is being literally shoved down the throats of a dumbed-down world:
- the 'rule of law' was a joke years ago - now it's an obscenity.
- suicide by self-injection was mandated, in the name of the great god 'science,' by its fake high priest(s).
- and a new form of child sacrifice along with it, now expanded to include mutilation of the pre-pubescent.
- and you have to be just plain illiterate to believe that exhaling CO2 and cow farts merit death-by-starvation and hypothermia. Or banning internal combustion.

And yet some people still think the "tragic Old Testament incident involving a golden calf," was the epitome of 'paganism'.

NOTE: This one will upset a few folks. But if what is being done to the entire world DOESN'T - it's too late anyway.

The so-called 'LORD's Day' (all caps, properly, even in the censored renderings) is referenced repeatedly in Scripture (prophecy) as variants of the "great and terrible" Day of YHVH, or the prophesied Day that epitomizes the End of Days. (But, hey, if you cant trust Wikipedia - especially for matters of Scripture! - who can you trust? ;) For the Wiki-ots to claim it appears only once in the Bible is misleading, at minimum.)

I have frequently noted (as do many, of course) that an attempt to understand the VERY-Hebraic observations of Yochanan (aka 'John') in Revelation is a fool's errand without a solid basis in ALL of the references he makes to the 'Torah, Writings, and Prophets.' It is, in fact, a second or third witness to what other prophets already said would happen (including on the Great and Terrible "Day of YHVH') in the 'End of Days.' (Including Daniel, Moses, and twice in Joel chapter 2 alone, just for starters.)

But thanks for the reminder. That particular twisting, to turn something utterly different from what the prophet meant into an excuse to ignore what YHVH Himself said, and EMPHASIZED so repeatedly, but especially dramatically in THIS parsha, is at least a PART of what this midrash is about.

That Ole Original Golden Calf pales in comparison to the cow-flatulence being force-fed today.

The so-called 'LORD's Day' (all caps, properly, even in the censored renderings) is referenced repeatedly in Scripture (prophecy) as variants of the "great and terrible" Day of YHVH, or the prophesied Day that epitomizes the End of Days. (But, hey, if you cant trust Wikipedia - especially for matters of Scripture! - who can you trust? ;) For the Wiki-ots to claim it appears only once in the Bible is misleading, at minimum.)

I have frequently noted (as do many, of course) that an attempt to understand the VERY-Hebraic observations of Yochanan (aka 'John') in Revelation is a fool's errand without a solid basis in ALL of the references he makes to the 'Torah, Writings, and Prophets.' It is, in fact, a second or third witness to what other prophets already said would happen (including on the Great and Terrible "Day of YHVH') in the 'End of Days.' (Including Daniel, Moses, and twice in Joel chapter 2 alone, just for starters.)

But thanks for the reminder. That particular twisting, to turn something utterly different from what the prophet meant into an excuse to ignore what YHVH Himself said, and EMPHASIZED so repeatedly, but especially dramatically in THIS parsha, is at least a PART of what this midrash is about.

That Ole Original Golden Calf pales in comparison to the cow-flatulence being force-fed today.
That wiki article is well cited. So you are arguing against the sources that are listed. Wiki-ots is a lame attempt to insult, which is nothing short of an Ad Hominem attack.

You are purporting that "Lord's Day" is a reference to the prophetic "Day of the Lord", but that does not fit the context of Rev 1:10.

Perhaps you ought to explain I Cor 16:2.

You are purporting that "Lord's Day" is a reference to the prophetic "Day of the Lord"...
Certainly...because that's what it means, in the original language and in English.
but that does not fit the context of Rev 1:10.
Says who?

Is Revelation prophecy?

And where is ANY context that the "Lord's Day" is somehow sun-god day, unless it's a different "lord"?

Even the Wiki (insert ad-hominem here) article you quote admits that the Rev. 1:10 usage is the singular/ONLY use as such in all of Scripture or prophecy, so it's hard to take it further OUT of context than to ignore that and turn the meaning into something else entirely,

Perhaps you ought to explain I Cor 16:2.
So what?

If you don't do business on His Sabbath, what DOES make sense? Maybe - wait 'till it's over, then do it?

But, again - the portion was about paganism, and parallels. A people who almost got utterly wiped out for their rebellion to Him. Hello? Bueller? And you're focused on one hoof of a graven bigger picture.

In the remarkable drama series My Little Pony there is a Golden Pony. The Golden Pony is also known as Golden Delicious and she enjoys fabulous beach parties.

This is vaguely similar to the Golden Calf which was created in the sandy Sinai Desert where the Israelites were living.

1709569529668.png

In the remarkable drama series My Little Pony there is a Golden Pony.
And here I thought it was a reference to George W reading that story to little kids while the country was being destroyed by Terrorists from Within.

But that was not, of course, even vaguely related to the podcast linked here. The point was that TODAY's 'golden calves' are more full of something 'NOT golden', but still cow-related, than anything even our parents' generation could've conceived of.

And - not addressed by any of the comments here, yet - the actual main theme I raised from all that:

What about Aaron?

Last edited:
I wasn't being facetious about that last bit. Not a bit.

Just like Aaron, Mike Pence did absolutely nothing while the tribe went astray. Even though he had every lawful right to intervene he chose not to. Pence and Aaron both did what was popular and in doing so they both failed to do what was right.

But that indeed WAS the major point of why I posted the link. How do we deal with the [legion of] Aarons today who "knew, or should have known better," but "go along to get along" with a Whore Church, a Whore Synagogue, or - now - a legion of Whore 'Scientists,' who will sell you, your children, and your future to a Satan Himself to push their literal 'hell on earth'???

Bear in mind that - if not for Moses' intervention - Aaron would not have survived the day. But both he AND the people who went after what they "knew or should have known" was NOT YHVH were held responsible by Scripture.

And they didn't even cut any genitalia off little children to make their fake god.

But that indeed WAS the major point of why I posted the link. How do we deal with the [legion of] Aarons today who "knew, or should have known better," but "go along to get along" with a Whore Church, a Whore Synagogue, or - now - a legion of Whore 'Scientists,' who will sell you, your children, and your future to a Satan Himself to push their literal 'hell on earth'???

Bear in mind that - if not for Moses' intervention - Aaron would not have survived the day. But both he AND the people who went after what they "knew or should have known" was NOT YHVH were held responsible by Scripture.

And they didn't even cut any genitalia off little children to make their fake god.
Ummm, this whole concept of a whore church, is unbiblical.

EDIT: That concept was invented by cults.

EDIT EDIT: Cult leaders who were trying to convince their followers that their belief system was the only true church.

Certainly...because that's what it means, in the original language and in English.

Says who?
He was writing about an event that occurred in the past. The "Day of the Lord" has yet to take place.
Is Revelation prophecy?
Of course it is, but it is also a Revelation to existing churches.

And where is ANY context that the "Lord's Day" is somehow sun-god day, unless it's a different "lord"?
No one is claiming that it has anything to do with a sun god.
Even the Wiki (insert ad-hominem here) article you quote admits that the Rev. 1:10 usage is the singular/ONLY use as such in all of Scripture or prophecy, so it's hard to take it further OUT of context than to ignore that and turn the meaning into something else entirely,
Well, all Scripture is given by inspiration from God, so I highly recommend that we don't "ignore that".

EDIT: Oh and argument by insult or Ad hominem, is a Logical Fallacy. Logical Fallacies have at their very core, the intent to deceive.

I especially appreciated the information about the mechanics of the drinking of the powdered calf and the probable effects resulting in the specific ones that were put to the sword. It really brought a positive focus, once you see it, it’s obvious.

Back