• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat The "Golden Calf" is SO 'yesterday'

But - for any others here...

As always, I welcome questions, including tough ones, and "iron sharpening iron" but only with people who have at least enough of a Berean inclination to actually know what the midrash was about.

Some distractions are a [deliberate] waste of time.

PS> That even includes sun-god day, and what Scripture (as opposed to Wikipedia) says about His Sabbaths.
"Cult leaders appropriate to themselves the authority that only Jesus Christ should have, often placing their teachings above the actual teachings of Christ...."
Like changing His Sabbaths? Something He said He would NOT do?

Ironically, even though some didn't listen to the parsha reading either, or the concept of the "red flashing html tag" called an atbash, there's more ink in this ONE piece of the Bible about His Sabbath than any and EVERY other so-called reference to 'sunday' in the Whole BOOK.

And THAT, at least, is relevant to the point I made (and hoped to discuss) about Aaron's failure. He was hardly unique that way.

Last edited:
I have a full time job and work late into the evening, and really don't have much time to spend two hours listening to messages. Having had a chance to listen, I can see this for what it is, and it is exactly what I suspected it to be. You know full well that TO is off the table for discussion in this forum, but you are trying to back-door this discussion anyway. Yeah, he is talking about the Easter bunny and Christmas trees, and in doing so, is interjecting his own personal opinion. He used no Scripture whatsoever to support those assertions. He throws out this term "Whore church", but the closest things we get to his identification of what this whore church is, is his mention of 501c3, and private jets. Fine! If you want to bash rich televangelists, we can agree on that, although in my 51 years, I have no recollection whatsoever of any televangelist promoting the Easter bunny, and he offered no such example in his message. All I know is that kids like finding eggs that have candy inside of them, but they don't bow down and worship the bunny. The closest thing I ever saw to that, was Veggie Tales, and that was not portrayed in a positive light.

@Daniel DeLuca
You don’t belong in this section, please take your complaints elsewhere.

You know full well that TO is off the table for discussion in this forum
No, that is not the case. Everyone's choice of whether to observe Torah or not influences so much of their outlook on Christianity, that either side will inevitably be mentioned by people - people will mention worshipping on Saturday or Sunday, they'll mention Passover and Easter, etc. Mentioning these matters is not forbidden, because it would completely stifle all discussion. And this section of the forum specifically exists for people who are Torah observant to discuss matters of interest to other people of a similar mindset, without having to defend themselves constantly against others.

Our intent, which we do a poor job of policing because we try to be hands-off (everyone hates moderation, including us), is to prevent everyone from challenging Torah-observance in this section, AND prevent everyone from challenging non-Torah-observance everywhere else, thus ensuring that everybody has a place on this ecumenical forum to talk about what is important to them.

What is actually forbidden is debates on Torah observance - either of you trying to have an argument about the other's views and say they are in heresy. This appears to be the sole purpose of your posts, so they are unwelcome.

Mark has posted an audio link of something he has produced, that he is inviting people to discuss. People who have listened to it and wish to discuss the content are welcome to do so. But the fact it has been shared here does not in any way imply that the ministry endorses anything in it. And if nobody wants to listen to it the discussion will just fizzle out and disappear, so you soon won't have to look at it because it won't be in your recent posts feed any more. If you didn't keep replying to the post it would already have slipped into obscurity.

Last edited:
Back