• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General The mindset of cancel culture and BLM

Mojo

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Much has been written here about the political undercurrent (Marxist, etc.) of the recent wave of protests, statue removals and rioting. As I delve deeper into this stuff, I think that what we are also seeing is the contrast of the male and female approach to conflict and controversy. The female approach seems to be winning in this country.

I'm going to generalize here, so work with me. In short, men tend to "bury the hatchet" so to speak better than women. After a resolved argument, we tend to walk away, forgive and forget, never really bringing up the topic of disagreement again. Any man who's ever had an argument with his wife knows that something he said or did...20 years before...may be brought up to be used as ammunition. The forgive and forget button often doesn't work for women. It's always fair game to bring up the past as if it were the present.

BLM is a movement started by Marxist, feminist women (lesbians).
The 1619 project is a revisionist history of this country spearheaded by a radical, female NY Times writer and now being promoted by...Oprah Winfrey.

How are each of these female in approach? In short, I think they play off of one another and produce what we see now because they look to the sins of America's past and project it onto the present. America stopped being a slave trading nation 200 years ago, but is still guilty and these movements won't let it go. Columbus died 500 years ago, but these movements won't let it go. We fought a civil war that was not entirely about slavery, but it resulted in ending slavery, however these movements won't let it go. Jim Crow, segregation, and the reign of the KKK ended 60 years ago, but these movements won't let them go. No matter what this nation does, how much it begs, how many men die to prove that we acknowledge our sins and are trying to rectify mistakes...it's never enough. It will never be enough.

It's late here, and I wanted to develop more, but I'm tired and afraid I won't be making sense soon. I included a link, and a great video that's somewhat related.

I don't claim to be right in my conclusions, so I'm interested to hear feedback (negative or positive).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_1619_Project

I find it interesting that the same people who say we shouldn’t judge George Floyd by his past, will only judge this country by it’s past.
It's the ultimate in victim politics. According to the 1619 project, You can't hold him responsible. He's the product of a system of slavery that kept him down and limited his choices. BLM will say he was victimized by the patriarchal system that didn't allow for him to be cuddled in the arms of his village.

Oh, and critics of the 1619 project will point out that slavery in America was only one part of a global phenomenon that's been around since the dawn of man. At one point, the Barbary slave trade (Europeans kidnapped and sold into slavery in Africa) rivaled what was had been done in reverse. We can even hear about it in the Marine anthem. "From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of TRIPOLI..." US Marines were sent in to Lybia to help rescue Anerican sailors and others kidnapped and sold into slavery in Africa!

When I was a kid, my public school friends didn’t know who Abraham Lincoln and George Washington were. I remember thinking, what is going to happen to this country when we are adults. I guess now I know :/
Not in my generation.

Very astute observation. You are right, the language of the left is very female. It is no coincidence the left is dominated by soy-boys and feminists.

Slavery used to be the norm but we ended it. But instead of getting credit for ending it we get the blame. Even if we came here after it ended. Even if our ancestors were themselves slaves. But that's logic and logic is sexist we're told. Truth, beauty and logic don't matter to this movement.

BLM will say he was victimized by the patriarchal system that didn't allow for him to be cuddled in the arms of his village.

As if it wasn't his ancestral village that actually sold him to the slave traders!

I was just asking an appeaser friend of mine on the phone last night why it is that, when it comes to illegal drugs, no one questions the fact that pushers get harsher sentences than users, but when it comes to discussing the slave trade, the Africans who sold their fellow Africans to the British are completely let off the hook.

I once had an all-black staff at a mental hospital. At one point, a man who had moved to Georgia from Africa joined the staff. Sometime after he'd become assimilated enough with the others to speak his mind, he informed all but one of the other black men that, if he were still in Africa, he couldn't be paid enough to work with any of them, much less associate with them outside of work. In response to their immediate anger, he explained that, because, unlike them, he was a real African, and thus he had enough familiarity with the actual distinctions about various Africans to be able to tell a good deal about what tribes these other men were descended from -- and went on to assert that it was obvious that their ancestors were most likely from among the most inferior of African tribes, unworthy of positive regard -- and further asserted that that was why they had deserved to be sold into slavery on another continent, because the more superior Africans were better off with fewer of them around.

[Note: I have no way of corroborating any of his assertions.]

As if it wasn't his ancestral village that actually sold him to the slave traders!

I was just asking an appeaser friend of mine on the phone last night why it is that, when it comes to illegal drugs, no one questions the fact that pushers get harsher sentences than users, but when it comes to discussing the slave trade, the Africans who sold their fellow Africans to the British are completely let off the hook.

I once had an all-black staff at a mental hospital. At one point, a man who had moved to Georgia from Africa joined the staff. Sometime after he'd become assimilated enough with the others to speak his mind, he informed all but one of the other black men that, if he were still in Africa, he couldn't be paid enough to work with any of them, much less associate with them outside of work. In response to their immediate anger, he explained that, because, unlike them, he was a real African, and thus he had enough familiarity with the actual distinctions about various Africans to be able to tell a good deal about what tribes these other men were descended from -- and went on to assert that it was obvious that their ancestors were most likely from among the most inferior of African tribes, unworthy of positive regard -- and further asserted that that was why they had deserved to be sold into slavery on another continent, because the more superior Africans were better off with fewer of them around.

This is not an isolated example. African's complaining about African-American's has become a bit of a thing on Twitter. Very little respect.

I've heard similar things from African immigrants and immigrants from the West Indies. However, this shouldn't be a blanket application to all Americans of African descent (not saying you are saying that). From Crispus Attucks, to Benjamin Bannekar, Frederick Douglas, George Washington Carver, Madam CJ Walker, Benjamin Carson and the entire upper class Black social structure of Atlanta, there are enough examples to say it's not the rule. There's a whole White underclass from Appalachia to the Deep South and beyond that would probably get the same reaction from any middle to upper class European. Honey Boo Boo anyone?

I have heard a lot about the pros and cons of "The Black Lives Matter Movement over the past year, some I agree with and some I question. I think it is important to note that I am a 71 year old black man and remember the civil rights struggles of the 1960's and 70'. I do not think The Black Lives Movement is perfect and it has gone in other directions from where it started, however I applaud their courage and willingness to risk their safety and reputation for a cause they believe in. When the movement started in 2013 it seemed like a weekly occurrence that unarmed black men were been shot by police. No mainstream organization that I can remember was willing to take a risk and say "this needs to stop now. Both my son and I worked afternoon/evening shifts at various job sites and had to make the drive home late at night. The possibility of one of us or both of us getting stopped by law enforcement and shot was very real to us. I kept saying, where are all the churches or other mainstream organizations, shouldn't they be speaking out, holding candle-light vigils saying our black brothers cannot continue to be targets for this kind of abuse. Black lives matter did something. I now see leaders from all walks of life and various organizations pointing out the faults of the black lives matter movement, and some of the criticism I agree with. But I also say to these same people, where have you been up to now. If mainstream organizations would have addressed some of these issues when black men were being gunned down then the black lives matter movement would have never gained the prominence it has today. A final word about Africans and west Indians that come to the USA and are critical of the blacks they see here. ( my parents were from the west indies) . There are a number of my black brothers and sister who have not taken advantage of the opportunities the country has to offer, and while I also criticize them for this, I also do what I can to help them. When Martin Luther King gave his "I Have a Dream Speech" in 1963, 70% of all blacks lived at or below the poverty line, those numbers are different today due to the sacrifices of blacks and committed whites of days gone by. When I speak to some West Indians about why some blacks have not gone on to achieve, I am very honest that some just will not take advantage of the opportunities available and some for other reasons have not been able to. I also tell them to learn something about the history and the struggle of blacks in the past that made it possible for them to enjoy the benefits of this country before they start criticizing and feeling superior. I also tell them that nothing is free and that the freedoms they enjoy now were made possible by other and the best way to say "thank you " is to help other. Blessings!

When the movement started in 2013 it seemed like a weekly occurrence that unarmed black men were been shot by police. No mainstream organization that I can remember was willing to take a risk and say "this needs to stop now. Both my son and I worked afternoon/evening shifts at various job sites and had to make the drive home late at night. The possibility of one of us or both of us getting stopped by law enforcement and shot was very real to us. I kept saying, where are all the churches or other mainstream organizations, shouldn't they be speaking out, holding candle-light vigils saying our black brothers cannot continue to be targets for this kind of abuse. Black lives matter did something. I now see leaders from all walks of life and various organizations pointing out the faults of the black lives matter movement, and some of the criticism I agree with. But I also say to these same people, where have you been up to now.

They did something? Sure, if you call looting, assault and murder of innocent people 'something'.

This is a very good example of how media propaganda molds perceptions. Even though police brutality affects all races and blacks are dis-proportionally less likely to be murdered by cop, people still perceive it to be the opposite.

I think it is important to note that I am a 71 year old black man and remember the civil rights struggles of the 1960's and 70'. I do not think The Black Lives Movement is perfect and it has gone in other directions from where it started, however I applaud their courage and willingness to risk their safety and reputation for a cause they believe in.

@pathway, I'm not as old as you, and am not black, but from my study of history, the civil rights struggles of blacks have almost always been tied to the church, including white abolitionists linked to Christianity. MLK and the movements of the 1960s and 1970s were not from the most conservative Christian churches, but their arguments for equal rights were always wrapped in deeply spiritual terms and spread by way of churches.

BLM and their followers are willing to risk their safety and reputation for a cause that is anti-biblical. The media doesn't advertise it, but the organizers are lesbian Marxists. Marxism is atheistic at its core. BLM rejects the patriarchal structure and the nuclear family (see their website). That is also anti-biblical. This movement is not your father's civil rights group. MLK was a student of Ghandi and the concept of peaceful/non-violent resistance. He also tried to model Jesus who led a largely non-violent movement as well. BLM has registered its street cred through violence, looting, and rioting. This is why some of the loudest critics have been religious blacks who want nothing to do with BLM and Marxist atheism. It also glosses over a whole lot of progress this country has made in race relations (much of it very recent progress) and holds our country's slave history as a never ending ransom. It somehow forgets that we are the only Western nation that I know of that has elected a biracial white/African as our leader...twice! To BLM, none of that matters. It will always hold slavery over the rest of the nation as a means to achieve political and social change (leftist/Marxist) not racial equality.

I have heard a lot about the pros and cons of "The Black Lives Matter Movement over the past year, some I agree with and some I question. I think it is important to note that I am a 71 year old black man and remember the civil rights struggles of the 1960's and 70'. I do not think The Black Lives Movement is perfect and it has gone in other directions from where it started, however I applaud their courage and willingness to risk their safety and reputation for a cause they believe in. When the movement started in 2013 it seemed like a weekly occurrence that unarmed black men were been shot by police. No mainstream organization that I can remember was willing to take a risk and say "this needs to stop now. Both my son and I worked afternoon/evening shifts at various job sites and had to make the drive home late at night. The possibility of one of us or both of us getting stopped by law enforcement and shot was very real to us. I kept saying, where are all the churches or other mainstream organizations, shouldn't they be speaking out, holding candle-light vigils saying our black brothers cannot continue to be targets for this kind of abuse. Black lives matter did something. I now see leaders from all walks of life and various organizations pointing out the faults of the black lives matter movement, and some of the criticism I agree with. But I also say to these same people, where have you been up to now. If mainstream organizations would have addressed some of these issues when black men were being gunned down then the black lives matter movement would have never gained the prominence it has today. A final word about Africans and west Indians that come to the USA and are critical of the blacks they see here. ( my parents were from the west indies) . There are a number of my black brothers and sister who have not taken advantage of the opportunities the country has to offer, and while I also criticize them for this, I also do what I can to help them. When Martin Luther King gave his "I Have a Dream Speech" in 1963, 70% of all blacks lived at or below the poverty line, those numbers are different today due to the sacrifices of blacks and committed whites of days gone by. When I speak to some West Indians about why some blacks have not gone on to achieve, I am very honest that some just will not take advantage of the opportunities available and some for other reasons have not been able to. I also tell them to learn something about the history and the struggle of blacks in the past that made it possible for them to enjoy the benefits of this country before they start criticizing and feeling superior. I also tell them that nothing is free and that the freedoms they enjoy now were made possible by other and the best way to say "thank you " is to help other. Blessings!
I am 4 years shy of your age and I appreciate your voice here.
I don’t agree with you on everything, but we do see eye-to-eye on most of it. Thank you for taking the time to make your post.

It also glosses over a whole lot of progress this country has made in race relations (much of it very recent progress)

This is actually quite true, at least on the white side of things. As but one example, most if not all of the high profile hate crime incidents of the last few years have turned out to be hoaxes created by minorities to gain political power.

The other direction is actually quite different. Incidents like this are coming out daily....

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1284113492065173504

and have been for some time now. I've yet to hear of a single incident of a gang of whites ganging up and beating black bystanders. If it happened, it would be national news for a month. The the reverse happens regularly without comment from the media.

Instead we have repeated calls for all white men to be killed...

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/07/21/watch-blm-activist-says-white-men-are-common-enemy/

Also an interesting look into the mindset of BLM.

Over the past 50 years, our culture has successfully programmed most of its white citizens to be ashamed of being white, while programming most of its black citizens to believe the canard that, just because of the legacy of slavery, blacks are exempted from the need to feel shame. Perhaps the most impactful action of Black Lives Matter is their exploitation of this dual dynamic. Black Lives Matter has never been an organization dedicated to improving the lives of blacks compared to whites. Its main focus is the destruction of our entire culture in the hopes that they will be part of the vanguard that will replace capitalism with communism or socialism. Unless they've recently scrubbed their web sites, it's all right there.

@pathway, I invite you to do some serious research into this. If, on the one hand, you want to remain comfortable in the propaganda you've been fed by mainstream white and black media, then just continue limiting your attention to CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC and just about any black radio talk show; those entities have been coordinating with each other ever since at least the early 1990's to make sure they're all on the same page. The echo chamber quality of it has resulted in a generation of young blacks who are convinced of such 'facts' as that (a) young black men are being hunted down by police, (b) unarmed black men are significantly more likely than unarmed white men to be killed by police officers, and (c) something called systemic racism exists that prevents blacks from any kind of success.

On the other hand, if you sincerely want to drill down to real facts (because, while we're all entitled to our opinions, we are not all entitled to our own conveniently-held 'facts'), you will get super curious, and I would assert that, as a black man who I assume cares deeply about other blacks, you will discover that the propaganda you've come to believe (like the lie about unarmed black men being shot down by police every week) has been designed by its creators since the beginning to harm black human beings -- and that that effort has been successful. Poor blacks will suffer the most egregious collateral damage if the anarchist/communist organizations like Black Lives Matter are successful in their promotion of defunding or eliminating the police.

But, along the way, you will encounter actual facts (especially if you do some of your research at the U.S. Census Bureau's National Crime Victimization Survey site) that will be very inconvenient to many narratives that are simply taken for granted in recent black culture. You can start with this: it is true that, per capita, unarmed black men are killed by police officers more often than unarmed white men. However, even that is only slightly true. What undercuts the whole "they're out to gun us down" narrative is another fact: per capita, on average, that is, black men in America are significantly more likely to commit almost all crimes. Per the FBI database (and these percentages are based on the fact that there are 5.68 times as many whites as blacks in America), black men are 7 times more likely to commit murder (despite being a much larger percentage of the population, white men are also more likely to be murdered by a black man than vice versa), 2.5 times more likely to commit rape, 5 or 6 times more likely to stab someone, 7 times more likely to commit armed robbery, 3 times more likely to commit aggravated assault, more likely to carjack, etc., etc. Blacks are even more prevalent among so-called white-collar crimes (over 3 times as likely to embezzler, for example). When those facts are taken into account, another fact emerges: committing violent crime has a correlative reaction: one becomes more likely to have encounters with the police when one commits crimes, and the more unfriendly contact one has with the police, the more likely one is to experience harm from the police.

Don't forget: unarmed also doesn't always mean non-combative. [From August 2019, when Black Lives Matter completed their planning for the rioting that began this spring, they had to wait until George Floyd was murdered to create the supposedly precipitating event -- and pallets of black bricks were dropped off in key 'protest' sites in at least 14 cities well before George Floyd was killed.]

Also, the statistics have been run, analyzed, sifted and sorted, and another fact emerges: per encounter with police, black men are actually significantly less likely to end up dead than are white men.

So what Black Lives Matter (an organization that cares much more about its aims than it does about black lives; they were just clever in their choice of a name) has done is take a pre-existing falsehood and broadcast that falsehood to the extent that, in combination with white guilt, a whole society is now willing to bow down to it. The purpose? To foment race war and dismantle our society.

Will black lives be safer if everything falls apart? Or will they be less safe?

This is a baby that should be thrown out with its bathwater.

Our country has (I hope only) temporarily lost its collective mind during this no-coincidence double whammy of exaggerated fear of a seasonal flu and rioting inspired and carried out by fascist anarchistic communists. A lot has been written at this web site and elsewhere about how our world is currently a systematic layering of pawns and useful idiots. We all become pawns if we take what is happening at face value. We are furthermore useful idiots if we join causes on either side of either divide. I strongly assert that even most of the leadership members of the medical community promoting the COVID scare and most of the grassroots members of Antifa and Black Lives Matter are useful idiots. Many of those people are true believers in their causes, wholly unaware that they are being manipulated by the top leaders of those causes or that their causes are being manipulated by people at much greater levels of power who see advantages to their power of society being in an uproar. No matter who those upper-level people are, it is nearly impossible to discern what the beneficial results could be to the average citizen, so these days I'm encouraging everyone to resist the temptation to join in on the us-vs.-them mentality, no matter where one finds it.

Whites have things to be ashamed of. Blacks have things to be ashamed of. Whites have things to be proud of. Blacks have things to be proud of. All four statements are true, and they are primarily true because we are all human beings endowed by our Creator with equal standing in His eyes -- all made in His Image.

Lastly, @pathway, I would assert that you as a 71-year-old black man and I as a 66-year-old white man have far more in common than whatever it is in the present that could possibly divide us by race. I say that because both of us can remember the time period when I was going to middle and high school in a small Texas ranch town in the 1960's, a town where the owner of a small grocery store literally dragged me out by my ear because I had (unbeknownst to me) entered the store through the Negro entrance, a town where blacks weren't permitted to sit on the main floor of the town's movie theater and I was once, again, literally dragged out of the balcony by a summoned police officer because I wanted to sit with a friend in that balcony (which was never cleaned by staff). You and I both lived through a time when such things were not ubiquitous but they also weren't altogether uncommon. Until 1967, all blacks in our county (one of the most populous in Texas) were bused out of their school districts to attend one huge k-12 mega school. My mother took me monthly when she volunteered at the Mossier Valley Community Action Agency center, where I discovered that the county refused to pave the roads, and where I met a pair of brothers who had to take turns playing in our pick-up basketball games, because, among the 8 children in their family, they had only 2 pairs of shoes to share, one for the older girls, one for the older boys -- and it wasn't just a matter of poverty; until the CAA center had opened, there was simply a lack of human compassion for the residents of this hamlet, because of their race.

You and I have seen this and experienced it. Your experience, of course, has to have been different from mine, but at least it is a shared experience that people far younger than we can only imagine -- no matter how much they convince themselves that that level of racism survives to this day. I say 'imagine' on purpose, because that is what is being exploited in this climate: nefarious people are exploiting human imaginations by filling them up with prevarications that permit young people to inappropriately feel like they can totally relate to their predecessors, even their distant ancestors. The flip side of that coin, though, is that, just as the millennial generation can only imagine what you and I witnessed (and thus perhaps feel compelled to manufacture grievances beyond what reason can substantiate), you and I can only imagine what it was like to live through a time in our country when people were literally enslaved. I'm sure you, like I, can remember talking with people when you were young who survived the Civil War and could talk about their experience of being born into a family of slaves or a family of slave owners. But, for us to hear those stories was akin to a youngster today hearing us tell the stories of the 50's and the 60's. In fact, most of the folks I met who survived the Civil War and Emancipation freely acknowledged that even they didn't really remember much about it, because they were mostly so young that their lives afterward ended up making much more of an impression on them.

When we either (a) get on a bandwagon about some trend out there we've heard about or (b) internalize grievances of the past that were actually experienced by long-dead real human beings, we do great harm to not only our communities but to our own spirits. The Adversary wants us to slink through life with victim mentalities; he wants us to hate our fellow human beings. That's not our Father's agenda, other than perhaps indirectly to the extent that the Adversary is doing His bidding for some greater Purpose. We are exhorted by Christ to love everyone with whom we associate, not just those who meet our approval.

I'll end this sermon by making a suggestion: maybe it's time to entirely stop listening to the Grievance Industry. Those people can't possibly want what's best for their fellow citizens; they're just in it for either the cash or to promote their niche of a cause that will only benefit a select few. Maybe it's time to turn a deaf ear to those who would get us to focus on what's unfair or screwed up. Maybe it's time instead to redirect almost all of our energy toward citing and celebrating what's wonderful. Of course, it would be a mistake to direct all of one's energy toward the uplifting, because to do so would make one unprepared for the very real evil that exists in the world, but to devote even a significant minority of one's time to causes that require one to identify enemies and bring them down when no evidence exists that anyone's really going to benefit from it is a tragic waste of one's precious human resources.

Because slaying dragons is never a clear-cut one-sided battle.

This is actually quite true, at least on the white side of things. As but one example, most if not all of the high profile hate crime incidents of the last few years have turned out to be hoaxes created by minorities to gain political power.

The other direction is actually quite different. Incidents like this are coming out daily....

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1284113492065173504

and have been for some time now. I've yet to hear of a single incident of a gang of whites ganging up and beating black bystanders. If it happened, it would be national news for a month. The the reverse happens regularly without comment from the media.

Instead we have repeated calls for all white men to be killed...

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/07/21/watch-blm-activist-says-white-men-are-common-enemy/

Also an interesting look into the mindset of BLM.

For this reply, I'm speaking as the the author of the original post, NOT as moderator. I'm not a big fan of social media video clips with little context. They're usually not very informative and often incindiary.

Back