• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General The mindset of cancel culture and BLM

@Keith Martin, thank you for the well-written reply. It was not only informative, but also conveyed a personal connection that some of us don't have to the recent past. I can relate to your stories about talking with our elders when we were younger. I tell my kids that I actually sat and talked with someone born in the 19th century, who was not born in a hospital, and rode horses, not cars. Who didn't grow I with electricity and no television or phone. I had a great time being around my great grandfather and I marvel how I as able to be so close to history, but he probably marveled at his great grandson being born into a modern era.

I also want to introduce into this thread someone who I have been listening/watching for YEARS. His name is Larry Elder and he has some great information to corroborate what you listed in your reply. It may not be all n this video, but if you look at more of his work, it will come up.

It's long, but good.

Larry Elder is not only informative and hilarious, he's clearly a nice man. And he deserves some of the credit for the political awakening of Leo Terrell on Sean Hannity's TV show. I'm looking forward to watching his Uncle Tom movie.

For this reply, I'm speaking as the the author of the original post, NOT as moderator. I'm not a big fan of social media video clips with little context. They're usually not very informative and often incindiary.

Nothing that speaker said is out of character to other things I heard them say, spray paint on statues, put on signs or write on Twitter or their websites (except the Palestine thing, that's real too, but it's a lessor faction in the movement). And it's all totally in character for what has happened in history for similar movements. How many different ways do they have to communicate their desire to kill whites before you'll believe it? How many people have to be beat up or murdered before it's real?

Nothing that speaker said is out of character to other things I heard them say, spray paint on statues, put on signs or write on Twitter or their websites (except the Palestine thing, that's real too, but it's a lessor faction in the movement). And it's all totally in character for what has happened in history for similar movements. How many different ways do they have to communicate their desire to kill whites before you'll believe it? How many people have to be beat up or murdered before it's real?
I was referring to the clip of the group of girls beating the other girl and her male friend. It's hard to tell the context. From my vantage point, it wasn't necessarily about race. It seems like the young lady was trying to write checks she couldn't cash. But, there's one rich young man who just sued CNN and The Washington Post and settled out of court for defamation because of a highly edited and out of context video that led to a false conclusion about a supposed racist altercation with an American Indian in D.C.

I wasn't referring to the other idiot. My apologies.

I was referring to the clip of the group of girls beating the other girl and her male friend. It's hard to tell the context. From my vantage point, it wasn't necessarily about race. It seems like the young lady was trying to write checks she couldn't cash. But, there's one rich young man who just sued CNN and The Washington Post and settled out of court for defamation because of a highly edited and out of context video that led to a false conclusion about a supposed racist altercation with an American Indian in D.C.

I wasn't referring to the other idiot. My apologies.
The possibility for suing BLM is gaining traction.
Class action suits for all damage and injury. It’s not like they don’t have over a billion dollars.

I was referring to the clip of the group of girls beating the other girl and her male friend. It's hard to tell the context. From my vantage point, it wasn't necessarily about race. It seems like the young lady was trying to write checks she couldn't cash.

Ah. You are right we are missing context on that one. But if the races had been reversed the media would be trumpeting this as an example of racism and a hate crime. And in the context of many other similar incidents which are related either directly to BLM or to propaganda inspired hate of whites, it's hard to see it as not an example.

But we know the context of the white mother who was shot. Or of this guy...

https://abc13.com/convenience-store-fight-brutal-attack-spring-texas-at-exxon/6251202/

They waited for him outside the store to assault him because when they cut in line he said "There's a line for a reason". And what did they say as they brutally beat him?

"Black Lives Matter"

Welcome to your new brutal overlords. Remember the rules of projection, everything they claim to have suffered is what they actually want to do to us.

Remember. Words is violence and violence is protest and feel-bads is evidence of oppression.

And in the context of many other similar incidents which are related either directly to BLM or to propaganda inspired hate of whites, it's hard to see it as not an example.

https://abc13.com/convenience-store-fight-brutal-attack-spring-texas-at-exxon/6251202/

They waited for him outside the store to assault him because when they cut in line he said "There's a line for a reason". And what did they say as they brutally beat him?

"Black Lives Matter"

According to the article, the man's girlfriend said this: "I hope that the people take this and don't say, 'It's white against black.' I don't want this to be the statement. I want it to be, here's a man who was checking out and stood up for himself and he was targeted for that.'"

Also, according to the article, it was a "he", not a "they" that uttered the BLM. It was the last guy who came out of the store.

Rather than framing it as "blacks are all out to get whitey", is it possible that we can look beyond just the racial aspect of who the perps are in this case, and bring it back to mindset? Are these thugs using propaganda to target ONLY whites? Probably not. My guess is that they are equal opportunity offenders, especially since we know the stats of black on black crime. It's convenient to look just at the color of the victim, but thugs target anybody they see as vulnerable. If you watch the clip with Larry Elder, he quotes Obama with stats he used about fatherlessness and criminality. I wonder how many of those thugs had a father in the home.

This comes back to mindset of cancel culture and BLM. Regardless of the race of the victims, BLM would link this back to victim hood, rather than responsibility. It would gloss over the fact that statistically, 4 of the 5 perps probably had no father in the home growing up because...the patriarchal structure isn't necessary....right?

Edit: In regards to thugs using BLM as an excuse to be an overlord, have you seen the Portland conundrum being written about? Portland is an overwhelmingly white city, and the rioters are overwhelmingly white. They are tearing up parts of the city in the name of racial injustice. Not just in Portland, but across the country, there are clips of privileged white protesters confronting Black police officers and hurling insult after insult at them because they "represent oppression". Stupidity in the name of BLM isn't monochromatic.

Last edited:
This is definitely NOT about black versus white, but it IS intended to create that impression. The purpose is to collapse the entire system, and one of the sub-intentions on the road to collapsing the system is to incite race war.

What that means is that, to whatever extent any of us gets on one side or the other of the Us Vs. Them, we are becoming part of the problem.

This is definitely NOT about black versus white, but it IS intended to create that impression. The purpose is to collapse the entire system, and one of the sub-intentions on the road to collapsing the system is to incite race war.

What that means is that, to whatever extent any of us gets on one side or the other of the Us Vs. Them, we are becoming part of the problem.
Can we get an AMEN!

Also, according to the article, it was a "he", not a "they" that uttered the BLM. It was the last guy who came out of the store.

So?

"I don't know what else I could do," he told ABC13. "The fifth one at the end came out of the store after purchasing goods, and came up to me and kicked me in the face and said, 'Black lives matter, (expletive).'"

You can't separate the two. To them the system IS white (and by that I mean everything down to including things like the concept of work ethic). Marxism has decided it can't succeed so long as white people anywhere have power, or even exist.

My point isn't to take a side in us vs. them; we're already on a side by virtue of our skin color. We don't have a say in the matter. My point is to get people to realize the reality of the situation we are confronted with. If we don't we'll find outselves in the same situation as the South African Boers do. Race war is already with us, has been for some time, it's just only now starting to go hot.

The video in the OP refers to the BLM goals. You can find them here.

What We Believe
Four years ago, what is now known as the Black Lives Matter Global Network began to organize. It started out as a chapter-based, member-led organization whose mission was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

Enraged by the death of Trayvon Martin and the subsequent acquittal of his killer, George Zimmerman, and inspired by the 31-day takeover of the Florida State Capitol by POWER U and the Dream Defenders, we took to the streets. A year later, we set out together on the Black Lives Matter Freedom Ride to Ferguson, in search of justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Forever changed, we returned home and began building the infrastructure for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which, even in its infancy, has become a political home for many.

Ferguson helped to catalyze a movement to which we’ve all helped give life. Organizers who call this network home have ousted anti-Black politicians, won critical legislation to benefit Black lives, and changed the terms of the debate on Blackness around the world. Through movement and relationship building, we have also helped catalyze other movements and shifted culture with an eye toward the dangerous impacts of anti-Blackness.

These are the results of our collective efforts.

The Black Lives Matter Global Network is as powerful as it is because of our membership, our partners, our supporters, our staff, and you. Our continued commitment to liberation for all Black people means we are continuing the work of our ancestors and fighting for our collective freedom because it is our duty.

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

But those are fairly bland as it goes. I discovered one of the original groups behind this movement (which kicked up in reaction to the Travon Martin case 2 years before the BLM moniker was created) put out a much more detailed policy statement here (more details in the links at bottom of that page as well). It's much more genuinely against the present ruling system. That one has since been scrubbed from the net; probably because it caused a rift in the movement since it sided with the Palestinian people. That cause the Jewish money to leave that coalition and eventually coalesce around the BLM organization.

The present movement is much more controlled, more corporate globalist friendly.

You can't separate the two. To them the system IS white (and by that I mean everything down to including things like the concept of work ethic). Marxism has decided it can't succeed so long as white people anywhere have power, or even exist.

My point isn't to take a side in us vs. them; we're already on a side by virtue of our skin color. We don't have a say in the matter. My point is to get people to realize the reality of the situation we are confronted with. If we don't we'll find outselves in the same situation as the South African Boers do. Race war is already with us, has been for some time, it's just only now starting to go hot.
No, you are not already placed on a side. To illustrate, most of the BLM activists in many places are themselves white. They are not the enemy of BLM by virtue of their skin colour, they are the allies of BLM because of their agreement with the cause. In the same way, many of the police trying to put down the protests are black - they too are not seen as allies of BLM by virtue of their skin colour, but enemies by virtue of their employment. It is not skin colour that matters, that is just a slogan and an excuse. It is shown to not be the real issue by BLM activists themselves.

As a white-skinned person, you could opt to be a BLM protestor and be completely accepted by the movement. You are not automatically placed as an enemy by virtue of your skin colour. A black person can choose to oppose them, and become an enemy as a result - he is not automatically placed as an ally by virtue of his skin colour. In both cases, what matters is agreement with the philosophy, not skin colour.

To assume "we're already on a side by virtue of our skin colour", and to prepare for a race war, is to do exactly what they want you to do. It makes the war inevitable.

Don't prepare for a race war. But possibly do prepare for a civil war between different political factions - but also try to stop it starting, in your own sphere of influence. Similar implications but with very important differences, and leaves more chance of avoiding the war.

My point isn't to take a side in us vs. them; we're already on a side by virtue of our skin color. We don't have a say in the matter.

How many sides are there?
What constitutes white?
What constitutes black?
What of those who don't ascribe to either?
Is it Nordic white? Is it all of Europe?
Is it Western Europe or only Northern Europe? Do the swarthy southern Euros count?
What of mixed ancestry?
Is there a purity test?
Is it African black or does that include Aboriginal black?
What about the Chinese?
What about those from India?
Is there a purity test?
Dow we need to take a DNA test to sign up for a side?

Who's in charge of who belongs where? You?

https://www.outkick.com/lebron-mookie-and-mlb-promote-divisive-corporate-approved-blm-lifestyle/

The article linked above is from a black sportswriter. His name is Jason Whitlock. He's been on television for a while as a sports commentator, and is now part of a site that offers social commentary from a sports angle. He has taken a side. He is black. He is Christian. He is vehemently against BLM.

This is a great read about BLM from a sports perspective. He agrees with you @rockfox and links the corporate/financial connection to BLM and says this about BLM:

"Corporate America's loveable mascot."

Great writer and good content.

Edit: I originally tagged Keith Martin to the corporate connection. Meant to tag Rockfox.

Last edited:
https://patriotpost.us/articles/722...xposes-majority-white-blm-protests-2020-07-20

This black officer in Portland describes something bizarre in the Portland protests. You need to see this to understand that this isn't necessarily a racial fight. It's about control, and destroying the existing system, among other things.

One of his observations that he finds amazing is when he looks around and sees more blacks/minorities on the police side than on the protesters side.

Another bizarre phenomenon is when white protesters come and yell at him when he is trying to engage in dialogue with black protesters.

Must see.

I have to disagree with you here, @rockfox. Don't forget that all of the inventors of Marxism and its offshoots have been white themselves. This race-baiting is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Don't just look to South Africa for an example. The Communists elsewhere in Africa have pitted minority light-skinned Africans against their oppressor dark-skinned Africans.

I have to disagree with you here, @rockfox. Don't forget that all of the inventors of Marxism and its offshoots have been white themselves. This race-baiting is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Don't just look to South Africa for an example. The Communists elsewhere in Africa have pitted minority light-skinned Africans against their oppressor dark-skinned Africans.
I saw a news report of BLM protests in Jamaica...yep Jamaica, where the population is nearly 100% black.

The beef? Light-skinned blacks get the privileges.

It's a farce.

How many sides are there?
What constitutes white?
What constitutes black?
What of those who don't ascribe to either?
Is it Nordic white? Is it all of Europe?
Is it Western Europe or only Northern Europe? Do the swarthy southern Euros count?
What of mixed ancestry?
Is there a purity test?
Is it African black or does that include Aboriginal black?
What about the Chinese?
What about those from India?
Is there a purity test?
Dow we need to take a DNA test to sign up for a side?

Who's in charge of who belongs where? You?

I don't know. Why don't you ask BLM? They're the ones talking about tearing down White Supremacy, screaming Kill Whites in their riots, spray painting Kill Whites on torn down statues. They are the ones talking about instituting a new system ruled by minorities and suppressing white people. They are the ones trying to destroy our borders and flood us with replacements.

phillip-thiessen.jpg

This man was killed earlier this month, not far from where I live, not because of his politics, but because of the color of his skin. He was retired and not wearing a uniform at the time he was murdered. The only uniform he had on was his skin color. The left is playing identity politics, and now identity war. Denying that reality will do nothing to help us understand what is going on.

He was killed by a Mexican, which brings a good point, the greater battle here is minorities vs. white; it's just that black's figure heavily in the movement and even more so the PR campaign.

As a white-skinned person, you could opt to be a BLM protestor and be completely accepted by the movement.

Yes. But not as one of them, but as an 'ally'. Useful idiots who will get what's coming in the end; people to be ruled over. In earlier protests, when they were more organized and less rioty, they used to have whites march at the back of the parade. Now they go around having white's confess their racial guilt and beating up those who won't comply or get uppity in their day to day life.

he is not automatically placed as an ally by virtue of his skin colour.

He is assumed to be one of them until he makes it clear otherwise (like wearing a police uniform). He had those conversations because he was a black officer; that made him notable. That is the nature of identity politics. Blacks who oppose the left are viewed even worse than whites; because they are seen as race traitors. The left's philosophy lives and breathes identity politics. Denying it won't change that fact.

To assume "we're already on a side by virtue of our skin colour", and to prepare for a race war, is to do exactly what they want you to do. It makes the war inevitable.

It only takes 1 side to start a war. And they're starting it. To deny it is happening does nothing to prevent it; it only guarantees you'll loose.

Don't forget that all of the inventors of Marxism and its offshoots have been white themselves.

Marx was a Jew, as were many of communism's proponents. Jews are White, or not, depending on when you ask them. Many are light skinned for sure, but then so are the Japanese. But they don't identify with Europe and in the US generally identify as a minority. What ethnicity do you suppose the main funder of BLM is (George Soros)? He looks white. Does that mean BLM is a White movement engaging in terrorism to fight against oppressive White Supremacy? Ya, that makes sense.

You are right though that this is a Marxist revolution; it just happens that this time around the enemies are White People instead of Cossacks and it takes place in the context of America and its racial history.

You need to see this to understand that this isn't necessarily a racial fight

Without the race angle BLM doesn't exist. It's very name is a racial claim. Their arguments revolve around racial claims. Their entire philosophical justification for their grievances depends entirely upon differential results between blacks and whites being the necessarily the result of racism. Their entirely philosophy and worldview is steeped in race.

80,90,100% white protests? I've seen enough footage to call BS on that. In Portland I wouldn't be surprised given demographic nature of that area and its long anarchist history. But the Minneapolis riots were heavily dominated by Somali's and African Americans; it was locals who were burning the very businesses they once shopped at. Blacks figure heavily in the BLM movement and in the anti-white beatings and killings. But it is a leftist movement and so young 'white' leftists will figure heavily in it. Even though blacks vote 91% Dem, they are still a minority in the coalition of minorities. But they have one enemy.

I don't know what else to say.
BLM is a useful tool of white leftists/ Marxists stirring up racial strife to reach a political goal. It's right within their playbook. It's also right before an election, and I still believe Russia has a hand in it too.

This is absolutely must see, though. Little levity for y'all.

Back