• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Monogamy Pledge

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaPastor said:
Even her husband chooses a wife she does not particularly think is the best choice for him, she should process it with the help of the Holy Spirit, choose to act Biblically, and her emotions will eventually follow those choices. If her emotions do not follow, she has not allowed God to deal with her heart.

This is similar to how the Military operates. If you are a believer, and your commander makes decisions that you do not like, and the decisions are not immoral, it is the believer's responsibility to process thge decision with the help of the Holy Spirit. Choose to act Biblically, possessing a right attitude. Then, submit to him as unto the Lord. It really works!

Absolutely.

The Discovery & Journey of Biblical PMs

Greetings Curtis,

Just wanted to touch base with you and thank you for your kind words of support and encouragement to me in your last post. The post had been a discussion of a married man of God feeling led of God, to venture out in faith to seek and have a plural family, while lovingly and respectfully helping the wife of his youth to understand the truths of Biblical pm and encouraging her to follow his spiritual authority and covering in this new calling.

I was looking for the post you had so kindly shared your wisdom and insights in this area, while saying that you appreciated my heart in this matter and that you had understood both mine and my dh's concerns and current position. You had quoted something from Esther, I believe. That particular post from you seems to be gone. However, I meant to thank you earlier for your kindness and encouragement for how a man of God should lovingly lead his wife, and how a wife can faithfully with her heart follow, submit and be in Unity with Yeshua and her dh in all things. All the while a woman of God should follow her dh's call from God, and not of the flesh using the scriptures to justify his fleshly desires to the wife of his youth. But through prayer, study, & open/honest discussions, following her dh's lead in all things even if it may not be of God in the end. All parties in their final decisions will reap what they sow and only Yehsua and time will reveal if pm or any other life changing decision was truly of Yeshua or not.

Anywho, thanks again so much for your kind words of encouragement and shared Godly wisdom. Btw, just wondering are you and the wife of your youth currently seeking to live in a plural family, or are you already living in a pm? Would like to hear any other insights or learned wisdom along the path that Yeshua has you on, as you feel comfortable in sharing and as time allows. Take care and continue to Lean on, Trust in and be Encouraged in Yeshua daily.

HIS WILL BE DONE
Faithful Servant

Extracontextual Interlude...

Faithful Servant,

I am glad that touched you and encouraged you in a special way. The context was in an entirely different thread titled "Really isn't a New Topic/Just Wondering". Here is the link...

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=810&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

In the context of the "Monogamy Pledge" thread I fear the potential of misapplication and interpretation of this exchange. I believe that it is no accident that these truths are being restored in this hour and through our collective efforts the blessing and deliverance of many will result.

Where my wife and I are in our thinking is summed up in our two intro threads found below. Thank you so much for inquiring.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=809

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=834

YHWH is still moving upon us in fresh ways on this subject and beyond and shifting the very foundations upon which our beliefs rest. We look forward to the completion of that process but it will probably continue until "the end" although I certainly do hope sooner.

I may be misinterpreting you when you said that...
All the while a woman of God should follow her dh's call from God, and not of the flesh using the scriptures to justify his fleshly desires to the wife of his youth.
...but the above quoted statement you made may be an example to which applies an implication of my original encouragement when I said...
You are still moving toward fullness of understanding and humility is always essential, but I believe that you could be and will be used in eternally significant ways in the lives of others.

We should all be very careful to let YHWH define the parameters and not to stand in judgement over that which He has made an inherent characteristic of manhood for He specifically provided a lawful outlet complete with guidelines for it's application with wisdom and prudence. When this area is unrighteously squelched and condemned while within it's lawful limits (or really ever when done specifically by a wife) it will potentially undermine the very foundations of his manhood if he allows it too.

Let me let you know that I certainly and fully "rejoice in the wife of my youth" and she undoubtably "satisfies me always". It is a great fallacy among women that surely both the content of the previous paragraph and this one could not be both true. Ecc. 7:18 here certainly applies "It is good to grasp the one without letting go of the other" in terms of what in the mind of women seems to be conflicting truths.

As it says in Psalms 11:3 "If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?" and Jeremiah 16:19 truly... "our fathers have inherited lies." We must make every effort tear down the "false footings" and reestablish the foundational truths upon which all else is to be held in light of.

Of course, a foundational truth in which the enemy has sought to undermine with great aggression and unfortunate success is the very foundation of biblical families and the ordained order of the genders.

Sincerely,

Curtis

P.S. Shawna recommends that I sometime soon share what it was that really attracted me to this area. That is no small undertaking, so it will have to wait for now.

Greetings Curtis,

Thanks again for taking the time to respond, as I don't wish to hog up all of the discussions here, or to droan on & on. I do appreciate your insights and shared understandings of the Holy Scriptures for us all, as well as your shared heart & thoughts regarding the call to pm. You and Shawna, the lovely wife of your youth seem to have an Awesomely Blessed marriage & family! :) Notice I didn't say perfect mind you, but none the less it's Blessed! Shawna is a beautiful woman, both on the inside and out! And her devotion and obedience to Yeshua, your marriage and family are quite the inspiration and an encouragement to all of us women who are doing our best to remain in Yeshua's will for our lives. Your new found Biblical insights on pm and your heart towards your lovely wife and the journey of pm are a sweet and strong testimony to the Holy Spirit moving & living in you, and directing your steps for the welfare & benefit of your family and Yeshua's Kingdom.

As we all seek to tear down false doctrinal teachings & mind sets, finding and remaining on the firm foundation of Christ can be a challenge for all. Especially when the foundation we have been standing on all of these years, seems to be falling down along with all of the false teachings of Biblical Marriages that we've been taught over the years! Yes our heart's motives and will need to always be lined up with scripture, as we strive to remain in Yeshua's perfect will for our lives. However the "lining up with scripture walk of our lives," once discovering the truth of Biblical Pm's, is not always so "black & white for us." There seems to be allot of new middle ground for discovery, prayer, study, growth & learning that needs to take place.

As life is a learning journey in general, and even more so with pm I'd like to think that the journey can be sprinkled with Grace, Mercy, Compassion and yes Humility. Every thing in our Christian Walk isn't so cut & dry. Should we be totally sold out to Christ and his call on our lives and obey Him in all areas - Yes of course! Just as our dh's are called to be the Spiritual Heads of the Home, and we women of God are called to submit and obey Yeshua and our dh's in all things, it's still a learning journey for all involved with a call to pm. Should we women ever attempt to thwart God's call on our dh's life out of fear, No of course not!

Again I'm simply agreeing with what your last post stated, in regards to approaching the pm path Slowly, Cautiously, seeking Yeshua's will to be done first & foremost. As you also have shared, not all are called to pm. So until a couple is sure that Yeshua is calling them to pm, and that the interest in pm isn't just of "a carnal nature on the husbands part", it should be approached Slowly & Prayerfully as you and others have suggested before. All along as wives, doing our best to submit to our dh's lead in all things, trusting them and Yeshua and finding joy for the journey.

We are told to test the spirits and compare all things with scripture, and in doing so we should be careful to keep ourselves in check/in God's will as brothers & sisters in Christ. Comparing our own fleshly desires to the will and heart of God and the scriptures, seeking to see if these desires/callings are actually a leading/calling from Yeshua or not. Paraphrasing here, but a man's plans are many but not always wise, only in his own eyes, etc.... Sorry I can't remember the exact scriputre for that but I hope you get the point that I'm trying to share. As we all know many men have evil plans of their own, for their own satisfaction that have nothing to do with what God is or is not calling them to in their lives. I don't feel this well known fact in our lives will disrupt or demolish the true foundations of Yeshua's plan for His kingdom or our lives, unless we lazily allow these selfish men to continue on in their selfish/evil ways by not Speaking the Truth in Love with them. Which of course is totally different, and not even in the same realm of understanding, within following the True call to pm of a Godly man. Hope that will be taken and understood in the light and manner in which it is meant to be taken.

Anywho, thanks again for all of your shared wisdom on this new journey of pm. We so appreciate the sharing of your heart, hopes, dreams, fears and feelings that you and the lovely wife of your youth are going through on this pm path that Yeshua has placed you on. I believe that you have a big, sweet, strong, wise and faithful heart for Yeshua, your family and the call He alone has placed in your heart. We all benefit, learn from, and grow closer to Yeshua and one another as we all strive to be Christ like, speaking the Truth in Love and sharpening each other in the Word! :) God be with thee & bless thee.

FOR HIS GLORY ALONE,
Faithful Servant

Hello Everyone,
I was going back and rereading some older posts and when I came to this one it brought back to mind a post that The Chaplain had written just a few months ago. He wrote a post that was titled "What the Lord has shown me". If any of you want to read it again look under Marriage and Family Discussions and then under Testimonies. As I recall he was "questioned" hard, by some, on the very issue that has been talked about here. The subject of Submission by the wife/wives to her/their husband. I must admit I still have my days where I rebel and am not submissive but I am working on being the woman God wants me to be and the wife that The Chaplain needs. At first I did not fully understand what The Chaplain was meaning in that post but I have a better understanding now.
The Chaplain is the Head of me just as God and Christ are the Head of him. If God tells him to do something or be a part of something, then he has to do it no matter what. I can fuss and put up a fight about it, and I have many times, but The Chaplain has to do what he knows That God is telling him to do. It does not mean that I can not ask questions or share my views on the subject, but...... should I continue to harp on him about why I think God did not tell him that? Is it my insecurities or my stubborn attitude or my wanting to be the boss that stands in the way of him doing God's will in his and my life?
I am just curious as to why he was "questioned" so much by what he had written for I am now seeing some posts here that are basically backing what The Chaplain had posted then. Some of those post were from some of my fellow sisters on here and now it seems that maybe God has changed some hearts on how fully we as wives need to submit. As I stated before I do not like to always submit but if I keep The Chaplain from doing what God put on his heart to do or be a part of, then what might be the blessing(s) that either he or the both of us might miss out on receiving?

I send this in love and not in a vindictive attitude to my brothers and sisters here on BF. We are all a family and we do not always agree on things but I think that we can all agree that sometimes God gives a message that needs to be shared. We may think that the message that is being sent through a human vessel , has no bearing on our life in particular but later on that very message can speak to us and help us along our walk with Our Father in heaven. My prayer is that God strengthen us for things to come and that we His people follow His will.
Chaplains Rose

Amen to that Chaplins Rose,

Thanks for sharing your heart and testimony of your journey to pm with your wonderful husband. I do agree with your shared insights on submission of Christian women to their husbands. That's what I've shared in a few of my posts on this topic. I wasn't suggesting questioning God's call on anything in this life, just questioning Man's call to things in his life. As we're all told to test the scriptures and see if it lines up with God's will for our lives or not.

The same in which you mentioned that it's good to share our hearts questions and share in open discussions, but without selfish immature whining or trying to thwart a True Call that Yahshua may place on our dh's hearts. A mans plans are many and wise, but only in his own eyes. Please excuse my paraphrasing of scripture, as it reminds us all that None of us are perfect or always in complete tune with what God would have for us in our life time. Just pointing out what scripture already does, no debates or rude arguments. Iron sharpens iron, right? ;) As men are the Spiritual Heads of our homes, and we are to submit in the end, isn't it ok to sharpen iron with iron with our own husbands, in Love & obedience of course? I don't think having this kind of closeness in our marriages is thwarting Yashua's plans or stops us women of God from obeying our dh's in all things. I don't remember anywhere in scripture that states we women cannot have the same privilage to test all things with scripture in relationship with our dh's. Healthy, honest & open discussions with our dh's are a good receipe for a strong marriage. :) Which of course includes - OBEYING OUR DH'S IN ALL THINGS, as I can't seem to point that out enough. Take care all and continue to lean on, trust in and be Encouraged in the Lord daily! :D

FOR HIS GLORY ALONE!
Faithful (Not Perfect) Servant

I PRAY THAT I BE NOT A HINDRANCE!
PROVERBS 3:5-8

My grandfather used to say that his "word is his bond." You could count on it...like death and taxes. He also used to say that what you have to manipulate to get is rarely yours to keep. Just some food for thought from a man who was known for his integrity.

Hi Guys, I am in truth having one of those I am a woman and not sure if I should reply. Having said this you did open this up into the open forum. :? Should a man take a vow of monogamy I don't know. I am of the understanding that monogamy, polygamy, and celibacy are all welcomed by god as blessed forms of marriage. The way in which I often see marriages as being idolatry is it's single focus (yes I get the irony of saying that in defence of mono). If you listen to secular pop music you are going to hear almost exclusively songs about sexual relationships. As well you find songs virtually identical to the worship songs I sing to God, You are the only one or My one and only, There is only you, You complete me, these kinds of phrases all to which I say is idolatry. All I need is God not all I need is you babe. I have met christians who would rather see me get married than have a zeal for God. I have met those who think that marriage is a way to worship god and that the love between a couple is the only place to share that intimate love of god? Saying you wont have sexual relations with another person other than one wife isn't a sin. We all know pledging to be plural also isn't a sin. I read no were in the bible instructing man to take more than one wife.

I have recently engaged in a conversation with a friend/neighbours JW mother via phone as to polity instruct me to where poly became a sin. * side note operating on the assumption that it was once okay which is a step in the right direction don't you think? One of the things she brought up was being in mutual submission to one another. Now I understand this to be in church and not in marriage per-sa however I do not believe in forced polygamy. When a woman is raised in a pagan culture and you introduce something so behold her comprehension that she has been brain washed to believe is wrong since before puberty I question if there is any love in perusing anything other than monogamy. What would be a sin for sure is denying or rebuking polygamy as a sin, because you know better.

I've always thought what a geniuses thing for a celibate man to have something to say on marriage. I seem to remember Paul saying considering the current crisis. Paul is defiantly my favourite author however one needs to remember his chapters are actually letters addressing specific people with specific issues. I for one do not hand out the same advise to everyone on everything. Paul has also admitted to speaking from his own authoritative place of opinion as well as his authoritative position as a prophet. Just like you or I may speak in opinion and than add a bible verse. It's not exactly word for word God. I do of course as scripture says believe Paul to be holy spirit lead.

I don't know the answer to your question about those titles. I was just recently asked if I have spoken to an elder at my church/ I don't think we had any? Which lead me to the administration? I think that makes the administration the the Elders? But they asked if I had talked to an Elder. If anyone could find clear scripture as I think you are asking to define these roles that would be tremendously helpful.

I also feel like this subject may also come under wives submission to there husbands. I say that with an air of cousion. Try and understand I am a speaking up openly opinionated pants wearing christian woman. Why is she saying no, Is it realy uncomprehendable or does she not want to lose her possition. I have met woman like that and beleive me it's the biggest turn offs. I have never been monogomisly married but it seems to me that a lot of wives are spoiled. Again with the air of caution, seriously honor and serve.

Hi there Mary Ella,

Thanks much for sharing, as I enjoyed your experiences and insights on this topic. I like the point that you made regarding the different types of biblical marriages that Yeshua outlines for us in His Holy Scriptures. We all need to remember that mono, plural and celibate life choices are all approved of by God. Pm is not for everyone though! Just as we can make any of these types of marriages an idol, I do feel that sometimes the plural form of marriage has been starting to drift off into idol worship here at times as well. Yes it is another form of a God ordained marriage, but is it for all to just grab, to take hold of and steam roll over someone without first & foremost seeking Yeshua's will in it all? It shouldn't be looked at with an attitude of; "well it's there for the taking as a man made right," so there for I don't need to seek Yeshuas will for this! When in the scriptures have we been told to do anything in our lives without consulting Yeshua first and seeking to do His will alone? Not our will be done, but your will be done Father! Yes we all can point out scriptures when it seems to suit or positions, and we all surely pick and choose which ones to remember that need to be applied to our life, and which ones that we manage to forget about as well.

I also like the point that you brought up about women not being demonized for feeling confusion or fear in the beginning stages of even just finding out the biblical truths of pm. Then getting to a point of comfort and trust to begin to study it with our dh's, let alone actually start out on a search for a sw. That's a point that I've shared on as well. Again, I'm not saying that women have a right to be selfish & spoiled, allowing themselves to whine or manipulate their dh's in anything! All I was trying to talk about was the importance of one's APPROACH & ATTITUDE in the beginning stages of learning the truths of biblical pm. Is it wrong for a woman who has all her life been raised to believe in mono marriages only, to have fear and confusion or sadness? NO it isn't, it's only a sin when we act out in that fear! God himself tells us that fear & anger in themselves are not sinful, only if we act out on these feelings. AGAIN - I'VE NEVER ENCOURAGED OR ENDORSED SUCH BEHAVIOR ON ANY LEVEL! I've only suggested that husbands that are feeling a call to pm should lovingly, & respectfully consider the wife of his youths feelings, fears or concerns. Did Not suggest that husbands should not listen to or obey any call they have on their lives, as long as it's of God and it's not just a selfish or carnal desire in their lives. God knows the motives of our hearts and will bless us all accordingly! Once a couple have together united in Christ, have test the spirits/lined up all desires & said callings with the Holy Scriptures and are in agreement, then Yes we wives should follow Yeshua & their dh's in this in a Submissive & Christ Honoring way. Even if the couple isn't a %100 sure in the beginning if that call may be of God, of course the wife is still to respectfully follow her dh's lead in all things. If however the wife is still feeling fear along the way, she should still be encouraged Lovingly to step out in faith, and do it in fear. All along learning to die to self daily, striving to be a blessing to all by following Yeshua and their dh's lead in all things, and being blessed in return along the way.

I would like to think/know that if Yeshua ever does call our family to pm, that my dh would have the attitude & heart of Christ, to continue to love me as Christ loves the church. To do his best to lovingly reassure me of his love and devotion, offer me hugs, positive support and encouragement through times of open/honest shared discussions and prayers, should fear ever creep into my heart at any given time. We have had these discussions, and thankfully my dh has agreed to do his best in these areas/issues of life, to do his best to support me and a sw, if Yeshua ever calls us to the plural life. I Haven't asked or Demanded perfection, or to always have my way or to lead my dh in anything. What I've asked for is open/honest, respectful & compassionate communication to be strived for, not without experiencing any bumps or bruises along the way of course. As God does tell us all, in this life we all will have many trials. What matters is what we do during those times, what our attitudes are like towards one another & how our approach is in handling these trials. Again, as God see's and knows the true motives of all of our hearts and endevors in this life, we should always seek to do His will and whats best for everyone. :)

For some reason, I feel as though people keep adding to my words and reading things that aren't truly there between the lines. Yes I suppose there are some selfish immature wife's out there, just as there are some immature & selfish men in the world as well. None of us are perfect, as we're all works in progress. And those who feel that they've "arrived," usually have the furthest to go! ;) A little compassion, flexibility, honest open discussion between a mono or plural family is not being spoiled, asking too much or thwarting God's call on anyone's life in any way shape or form. Not that hard of a matter/Truth to understand or wrap our brains around here! I do Respect, care for and appreciate all of you here. As I've grown and learned many new biblical truths that I was not raised with. A little patience & a cheerful/encouraging words/attitudes goes a long way for all people weather dealing with children, marriage issues, or our work, etc! :) Take care all and continue to Lean on, Trust & Hope in Yeshua, seeking His path for your life & finding joy for the journey!

Warm Wishes for Yeshuas Wisdom, Direction & Blessings!

Faithful (Not perfect) Servant

I PRAY THAT I BE NOT A HINDRANCE!
PROVERBS 3:5-8 :)

I am sure with a prayer like that you aren't a hindrance at all. The phrase though not related to you personally as I do not know you had me thinking. I have been a first wife. I have encouraged my husband to go out on a date. I have discouraged him to have affairs of lust. I have also blessed him to take care of a woman who eventually stole my husband to put it simply. No worries it was a pagan marriage. But I was needy had many small children at home no sleep and other needs. I had to put those aside for a woman going through something tough. Now as a Christian Plural I have seen and experience, heard or avoided different first wives who act as a hindrance to there husbands new love interest. Not allowing him to be the comforter and provider to her as he is to his first wife. I have met woman who think that they can pencil in there new potential or betrothed sw in and cancel when ever they feel like it because he is obligated to her. Thus hindering her husband from ever being able to providing an emotionally stable relationship with another woman

Regarding Mary Ella's recent post,

Well, ok I'm sure that's true and can still happen today. However that is not the point I have been trying to make. Just as there are selfish, controling & manipulative wife's out there, I still contend that there are just as many carnal/selfish minded men who stumble upon the biblical truths of pm, and use it as their "crutch, and self justifaction," for wanting more than one bed partner, having the nerve to stamp a cross & dove on their evil selfish desires! Which goes back to a very True and Important matter that seems to keep getting glazed over here, and has Nothing to do with a woman's Submission or lack there of! We are All told to test the spirits and line up all of our life's plans against scripture & God's will for us! That privlage to do so, is not just exclusive to men.

There are some husbands who are not fully or honestly surrendered unto the Lord alone, whom are just going through the motions & playing church and never give the bible or God's will for them the time of day. Men that are still swimming around in the luke warm waters of Christianty, that are not sold out to Christ alone, should not just jump out of the frying pan and into the flames of pm! If said dh is agreeable to attending church with the purpose of searching for the Truth in this life, which is Yeshua and has a teachable spirit that develops a real love & devotion to Yeshua and his family, then yes by all means when said husband finds these truths of pm, his Approach & Heart's Attitude towards the wife of his youth, and this new found desire should be studied about and prayed over with his wife. It then needs to be tested & approved of Yeshua against the Holy Scriptures, without said wife hen picking him or trying to be the spiritual leader of the home. But instead the wife should lovingly and Humbly try her best to respectfully encourage her dh in the things of the Lord. Thats all I was saying, and still fail to see anything unbiblical about this approach. I feel as though I'm going around the same mountain here, with Glaring Simple Truths that everyone continues to gloss over and talk in circles. My apologizes for any offenses I may be causing, as I mean no disrespect towards anyone here. I have felt led of God to share these truths, not saying "Thus saith the Lord, nor am I claiming to be any kind of a prophet." Just sharing plain & simple what I feel Yeshua has laid on my heart. Nothing more, nothing less as you can take it or leave it. God be with thee & bless theee.

FOR HIS GLORY ALONE!

Relating to the few more recent posts above...

It is important to note that both PM and headship are inherent in the very institution of marriage itself. All lawful reasons a man and a woman might find themselves desirous of getting married are not to be condemned or looked down upon. It is when one violates the law of YHWH to gratify their sensibilities whether spiritual or physical in nature that transgression occurs.

The ascetics and their influence on the weak religious sensibilities of men have lead to such abusive doctrines such as the belief the one should never have relations with his wife other than for the express purpose of procreation thus she during early pregnancy, extended nursing, and post-menopause is set aside if not abandoned in ones "spiritual" pursuits altogether.

Is procreation the only reason in which the Messiah expresses his love?

Does he not rejoice over us with singing?

The Jews were always quite leery of Asceticism for it is merely the ditch some fall into on the opposite side of the "straight and narrow" from the ditch of full worldliness. Monastic tradition flowed partly out of this luciferian "religious spirit" inspired doctrine.

Sincerely,

Curtis

Faithful Servant

I hadn't even started talking about men I think I get your point I don't think you get mine. You are absulutly right both men and woman are have evil disers and need to seek god relentlessly all the time even when posting on forums. Settle down you.

Marry ella

Just for the men I have a question. This comes from being a first wife and now seeking to be a second

Would you leave the love of your youth at home frustrated or hurt to take care of your new and equally important wife so as not to neglect her needs. If your wife of say 14yrs has been use to you balancing her and work can't deal with you balancing her work and another human being equally as disserving of your intention even if she isn't the love of your youth. Would you be able to say to her. Seek god first. I will be back soon I love you I will always love you you need not to be afraid. Would you look at your first wife and say you are a priority and look at your second wife and say you are a priority.

I ask this because I can see the potential to spoil a first wife and allow her to have emotional tantrums that will result in you neglecting other woman.

What kind of marriage comes out of First come first serve honey see you once a week and I'll live with this woman over here. Sounds like an affair not a marriage.

Hello Curtis,

That's the point I'm making, when pm is approached in an un-godly/un-lawful way, it is then that those selfish/carnal motives of one's heart, be it a man or woman will be judged of God! I don't remember ever judging or condeming anyone's Godly approach & motivations towards a Godly/Biblical Pm. I highly doubt that Yeshua's going to bless a pm that was sought out at the expense of their spouce, with the only motivation being the desire of another sexual partner!

Again I never recommend women to disobey their husbands, only when their husbands are leading them down a path of un-godly destruction. Which Yeshua in His Holy words to us all, tells women not to follow their husbands into sin! I never said that the True men of God, having a True call to pm are not to be honored, respected or obeyed in this Godly Calling to pm. I've went out of my way to explain that again & again. I was speaking of one's Approach, Attitude and Treatment of the wife of their youth, while in the middle of discovering, studying and possibly seeking out pm. What is so ungodly about these concerns? I have never meant to imply that any of the men here have issues in these specific areas. But we all know of men and women who have had these very sin issues with pm.

The testing of the spirits and lining up of our endevors in this life is not a special option for man alone. They're is neither Jew nor Greek, man nor woman. We are all equal in God's eyes, but yes we do have different roles & responsibilities that we each are designed to fit into. Yes we are to submit to Yeshua and our dh's in all things, and yes submission is part of pm. I've never said it wasn't! Maybe we're all just getting lost in translation, and failing to really see and understand one anothers main points here. Again no disrespect, but we seem to keep going around the same mountain here with this specific issue/topic. I desire no hurt feelings or anger here, I just thought we were all allowed to sharpen iron with one another. I need to humble myself and back away from this topic, now that I do feel that I've been true to the call that I feel God has placed on my heart to share, in regard to these issues. Take care all, and continue to lean on, trust in and be Encouraged in the Lord daily. :)

Warm Wishes for Yeshua's Provisions & Blessings

I don't think that any one is going around in circles, for the most part when I post I am adding my thoughts. I don't reply to be the final word on something assuming that any other post must and are in direct response to my post. I feel that you skiped right over my point as if I was in direct argument with you when I was infact thinking more of the first organel stran of thought and trying to keep on topic of the monogamy pledge. I defenatly feel lost in translation I actualy am thinking I may back off from posting for a while. Does anyone understand what I am writing???

It's all Good here!

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW, PRAISE HIM HERE BELOW! Moving onward & upward for that which lies ahead in Christ Jesus. Please forgive me for all whom may have felt confusion or offense with my postings here, as that was not my intention on any level. :)

Mary Ellen, please forgive me for not making myself more clear, in that my last particular post was to Curtis as I stated. I did understand what most of your shared thoughts were, and appreciate your shared experiences and insights. I do contend that some of my posts among some have been taken out of context and mis-understood on some level. No biggie though, as this frustrtation has not been directed at you. I feel secure and content in what I've felt led to share and I know others have confirmed with me that they understand, and have some of the same shared thoughts and concerns as well.

I guess some issues of the heart are harder to share and easy to become anxious about. :? I will be content to sit back and relax in Yeshua's presence in soak in any other Godly shared insights through this site, through the children of God here. Take care all and Keep on Keepin on with God, family and friends. ;)

Faithful Servant

Mary Ellen, please forgive me for not making myself more clear, in that my last particular post was to Curtis as I stated

Well, ok I'm sure that's true and can still happen today. However that is not the point I have been trying to make. Just as there are selfish, controling & manipulative wife's out there, I still contend that there are just as many carnal/selfish minded men who stumble upon the biblical truths of pm, and use it as their "crutch, and self justifaction," for wanting more than one bed partner, having the nerve to stamp a cross & dove on their evil selfish desires! Which goes back to a very True and Important matter that seems to keep getting glazed over here, and has Nothing to do with a woman's Submission or lack there of!

It's Marry-ella as in the name is a combo of my midle and my first name nick name actualy I droped a letter so the ella is important but that's truely a no biggy

I feel that you skiped right over my point as if I was in direct argument with you when I was infact thinking more of the first organel stran of thought and trying to keep on topic of the monogamy pledge.

Moving onward & upward for that which lies ahead in Christ Jesus. Please forgive me for all whom may have felt confusion or offense with my postings here, as that was not my intention on any level.
I am not confused. Apology exepted. Yes, yes onward and upwards
- Marry-ella

Faithful Servant said:

We are All told to test the spirits and line up all of our life's plans against scripture & God's will for us! That privlage to do so, is not just exclusive to men.[

Very true, Faithful Servant.

There are some husbands who are not fully or honestly surrendered unto the Lord alone, whom are just going through the motions & playing church and never give the bible or God's will for them the time of day. Men that are still swimming around in the luke warm waters of Christianty, that are not sold out to Christ alone, should not just jump out of the frying pan and into the flames of pm! If said dh is agreeable to attending church with the purpose of searching for the Truth in this life, which is Yeshua and has a teachable spirit that develops a real love & devotion to Yeshua and his family, then yes by all means when said husband finds these truths of pm, his Approach & Heart's Attitude towards the wife of his youth, and this new found desire should be studied about and prayed over with his wife. It then needs to be tested & approved of Yeshua against the Holy Scriptures, without said wife hen picking him or trying to be the spiritual leader of the home. But instead the wife should lovingly and Humbly try her best to respectfully encourage her dh in the things of the Lord. Thats all I was saying, and still fail to see anything unbiblical about this approach.

There is a lot of truth in the first sentence of the quote above. I also fail to see anything unbiblical about the aforementioned approach contained within it.

I feel as though I'm going around the same mountain here, with Glaring Simple Truths that everyone continues to gloss over and talk in circles. My apologizes for any offenses I may be causing, as I mean no disrespect towards anyone here. I have felt led of God to share these truths, not saying "Thus saith the Lord, nor am I claiming to be any kind of a prophet." Just sharing plain & simple what I feel Yeshua has laid on my heart. Nothing more, nothing less as you can take it or leave it. God be with thee & bless theee.

FOR HIS GLORY ALONE!

I can understand why Faithful Servant feels this way. There is a lot of discussion about "submission" here, but not so much about loving as Christ loved the church -or, in other words, about being the kind of godly man worthy of being submitted to. I would suggest that men would do well to examine the plank of sin in their eyes (namely, falling short of the command to love a wife as Christ loved the church) before fretting over the splinter of sin in the eye of a wife. Men would also do well to remember that ALL MEN FALL SHORT of the Glory of God and to keep that in mind when choosing the path of legalism over the path of grace and forgiveness. If God were as legalistic as some men are where the submission issue is concerned, the law would have condemed us all before a just, righteous, and Holy God, and there would have been no reprieve. Fortunately, He is also the same supernatural entity who inspired Paul to pen the Book of Romans and, even more importanrly, He manifested His grace through Christ's completed work on the cross.

When men have nailed 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 to their hearts, they might get the submission they believe they're entitled to, though they haven't really done so. That passage reads true. It also reads true if you substitue name of Jesus for the word love. Most men, not surprisingly, fail the test when they substitute their names for the word love. It is PATIENT. It is KIND. It does not PARADE ITSELF, and so on.....

I don't always see a whole lot of patience or kindness in posts dealing with the issue of submission.

It seems that I am not the only one, and I thank Faithful Servant for having the courage to write what the Lord has placed upon the heart.

T-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back