• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The Problem With Doc Being Single

Doc

Real Person
dating_pools.png

Can we explore the standard Creepiness rule and how many men in the Polygamy seeking community seek to break it?

B

Isabella said:
Can we explore the standard Creepiness rule and how many men in the Polygamy seeking community seek to break it?

Are you sure that isn't supposed to be YourAge divided by 2 MINUS 7? Seems as though that is the popular perception of pligs, anyway. :lol:

Agreed, Bels. Too many try to break it. And I have to say even that rule seems to be pushing it a bit. I'm 50. Would I wanna marry a 32 yr old? Why would a 32 yr old wanna marry me?! 'Specially when DocInMO is available! :)

After high school age is insignificant, maturity and commitment are the key issue. It also appears that age is not the identifying feature of maturity and commitment. Observe the 16 year old boys running around in 40 year old bodies.

John Whitten said:
Observe the 16 year old boys running around in 40 year old bodies.

Hmmm. True, true.

Let's see. I'm 50. Does that mean I'm an 18 yr old creaking about in this frail ancient vessel? :roll:

Observe the 16 year old boys running around in 40 year old bodies.
That was a general observation, with no one particular in mind. I'm 64, shooting for 110, so I see myself as middle age. Wouldn't want to be 18 again for anything. :lol:

creepiness is as creepiness does?
creepiness is in the eye of the beholder?
one persons creepiness is another persons shelter?

just random thoughts from an old creep :D

donnag said:
Yeah, but you can usually spot 'creepy' coming!
dang, i am going to need a better disguise :D

steve said:
donnag said:
Yeah, but you can usually spot 'creepy' coming!
dang, i am going to need a better disguise :D

Just don't try it on your knees. That would constitute a "creepy crawly"! :lol:

Back on topic: The problem with Doc being single is that he's got waaaay to much time on his hands for stirring up trouble. Maybe I should marry him off to my step daughter. (Is 22 underage?) *singing* ... And they could get married, and raise lots of ... sweeeet violets! Sweeter than all the roses ..." Think I'd make a good Poppa to Doc? Shades of Fiddler on the Roofies?

May have to come back and edit that out. Too bizarre a set of misfiring synapses.

Actually if you start with the assumption that women should usually get married at a younger age then men....

The number of people say age "18" and older is more than the number of people age "30" and older but the number of people (30/2)+7 and older is less than the number of people age 18 and older.

If creepy has to do with (man's age/2) + 7 years

More creepy age gap marriages would go along way to solve the 50/50 ratio problem and make the world a better place for me when I get old ;)

I suggest instead of a magic age number the father should look at 4 criteria. For instance a 70 year old who runs marathons might be a more qualified match for an 18 year old woman than the man who cannot sit up out of his T.V. chair without "losing his breath," from exhaustion, because of criteria 2.

1. It might be more loving to pair her with a good man she likes than a good man she dislikes. It might be more loving to pair her with a good man she does not like (by this I do not mean hate but does not like) than a bad man she likes.
2. Will he be healthy enough to meet the "big three" for the daughter (Exodus 21)
3. Will he be wealthy enough to meet the "big three" for the daughter (Exodus 21)
4. His religion/morality/relationship with God

I think Cecil has toooo much sense of humor and good ole' discussing the topic needs a dose!! :lol:

(I mean it in a nice way!)

itainteasy said:
I think Cecil has toooo much sense of humor and good ole' discussing the topic needs a dose!! :lol:

He calls and we pray together every so often. That way, on average, we're just about right! :lol:

CecilW said:
itainteasy said:

He calls and we pray together every so often. That way, on average, we're just about right! :lol:

Actually I am very funny, but you have to understand presuppositional thinking to understand my humor.

Most of my humor is self-evident but only for people who understand presppositional thinking, because most of my jokes use presuppositional logic.

For instance if I point out that large sums of money are used to discourage pregnant women from smoking to prevent birth defects but large sums of money are also used to promote dismemberment and extraction abortion creating the ultimate birth defect it is hilarious to people who understand presuppositional logic. (Something can be hilarious and sad at the same time.)

By the way I am not saying that Cecil is not funny.

The truth comes out. DiscussingTheTopic is funny. Cecil is just STRANGE! :lol: :lol: (Sir BumbleBerry's evaluation!)

the big bear, cecil, is not TOO funny, he is just right.

i suppose that my presuppositional bone is broken, anybody have a spare splint laying around?

steve said:
the big bear, cecil, is not TOO funny, he is just right.
I stand corrected. Please pardon me, Big Bear. :oops:

i suppose that my presuppositional bone is broken, anybody have a spare splint laying around?
First thing I had amputated as a diabetic complication. :eek: :roll: :lol:

Back