• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

The "What do I have to offer" list

Pascal's Wager is an argument in philosophy presented by the seventeenth-century French philosopher, mathematician and physicist, Blaise Pascal (1623–1662).[1] It posits that humans bet with their lives that God either exists or does not.

Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss (some pleasures, luxury, etc.), whereas he stands to receive infinite gains (as represented by eternity in Heaven) and avoid infinite losses (eternity in Hell).[2]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_wager

We know God is real because, when you look around you and see the complexity of nature, you realise it is impossible for it to exist without a Creator. The deeper you study science, the more this is confirmed - the deeper you look, the more complex you realise everything is, and that it could not have come about by chance.

This argument became conclusive when we discovered the operation of DNA and molecular machines that have functions like replication, error correcting, compression/decompression, etc. Functions which man hadn't even replicated until we started programming software.

I’m sorry @paterfamilias, I don’t really buy it that you don’t believe that God exists. You recently went through the process of your wife having a child. You’re an intelligent guy, you know that there is no possible way that whole process and the child that came from it, came about by random chance. The shear complexity and interdependency of biological systems reveals the foolishness of believing in random chance. God exists and He is the just Judge of the Universe. He alone defines morality and He has given us His moral Law. When you die, which you will, as will I and EVERYONE else here, you will be charged on multiple counts of breaking God’s Eternal Law.
God said:
3 “You shall have no other gods before me.”

You have already broken this one. Your signature states “Morality is your agreement with yourself to abide by your own rules - RAH”
By claiming the authority to create your own morality, you have set yourself up as your own god.

That’s just the first of the Ten Commandments.
The Scriptures say that if you break one of the commandments you have broken the entire law.

God says:
8 “But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

It says ALL LIARS.
How many lies do you have to tell before you’re a liar? Don’t tell me you’ve never lied before.

Nothing personal from me, but according to God’s perfect standard, you are guilty. In light of these things, what are you going to say for yourself when you stand before God, and everything you’ve ever done and thought is laid bare, and the charges are leveled against you?

Let's see I think I'm pretty good looking and I have a good sense of humor hahahaha I know that isn't what this is about but I think those are my good qualities. I also am used to going through hard times and fighting my way through them and like to be generous with people especially because I've had people be generous with me when I was going through hard times. I would do anything for my family because once your part of the team no one gets left behind. I'm sure that was from Moana but I still think it's a good moral.

@askforme&my house

I missed the reply way back when apparently and exigencies of life etc means I have not spent much time on the site of late.

Without going through each of the points individually I simply will remind you about my previous statement with respect my being infertile ground with respect to faith based appeals. So attempting to hit me with logical arguments with biblical quotes ad the badis will not make any impression on me other than it being clear that you did not take my statements to heart. Apparently did not believe them at all given that I am supposedly a believer because a particular conclusion you have drawn is one that I must have derived as well.

My suggestion would be that one is far more likely to convert the sort of non believer who is not a rabid child going to atheism because they angry and railing against authority, by example rather than argument. I imagine there are many ways to reach any number of different types of potential converts... insert fishing analogy here re different bait/techniques for different fish. In my own case I can tell you that being told that I do not know my own mind is met with scepticism at very best. Maybe I could be converted by example... *shrug*. Probably more likely to find me attending church if and when I have some sort of community incentive to do so, like when I encounter a Christian community that supports plural marriage.

All that being said, it seems a shame that the thread died. Ah well, now that I am back I am enjoying reading some fun stuff in the conspiracy thread, the memes thread and several others. Now to figure out another nuts and bolts topic that might hopefully gain more traction.

@askforme&my house

I missed the reply way back when apparently and exigencies of life etc means I have not spent much time on the site of late.

Without going through each of the points individually I simply will remind you about my previous statement with respect my being infertile ground with respect to faith based appeals. So attempting to hit me with logical arguments with biblical quotes ad the badis will not make any impression on me other than it being clear that you did not take my statements to heart. Apparently did not believe them at all given that I am supposedly a believer because a particular conclusion you have drawn is one that I must have derived as well.

My suggestion would be that one is far more likely to convert the sort of non believer who is not a rabid child going to atheism because they angry and railing against authority, by example rather than argument. I imagine there are many ways to reach any number of different types of potential converts... insert fishing analogy here re different bait/techniques for different fish. In my own case I can tell you that being told that I do not know my own mind is met with scepticism at very best. Maybe I could be converted by example... *shrug*. Probably more likely to find me attending church if and when I have some sort of community incentive to do so, like when I encounter a Christian community that supports plural marriage.

All that being said, it seems a shame that the thread died. Ah well, now that I am back I am enjoying reading some fun stuff in the conspiracy thread, the memes thread and several others. Now to figure out another nuts and bolts topic that might hopefully gain more traction.
I think what jumped out at me, is that you said that you "will not" believe. I would be most interested in knowing what obstacles you encounter when in comes to faith and knowing our Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
You know what really concerns me here, is the fact that OK, Jesus did say that He has other sheep, and we certainly don't mind having a seeker in this forum, whom we can share the love of Christ with, and the truths that can set them free, BUT I know I can speak for ALL the men here at Biblical Families when I say this, WE WILL NOT STAND for ANY MAN coming in here trying to win over our beloved sisters in Christ, who himself does not have Christ as his head. I don't care what you may be able to offer a woman, if you do not have Christ as your head, I say this to all of my wonderful sisters in Christ, if you are truly seeking God's direction in your life, I don't have to tell you that this is not it. You should already know that.

I like the theme of this this thread, and I have a lot to offer a woman, as the husband of one wife of 18 and a half years, and I will post something here later, but the one thing I will say, is that Biblically, a pastor is a shepherd who protects the sheep from the wolves that wear sheep's clothing. Though I do not bear any pastoral titles, that is in my DNA to go out and protect the sheep from the wolves, and I will do so with all the strength that I have, through the power of the Holy Spirit. That is all I will say for myself in this posting, about what I have to offer. I hate error when it creeps into the church, and I warn against that. I hate false teachings from errant religions such as Mormonism and the Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't hate the sinner, but I certainly don't want to see the sinner drag away any of the saints into his lair. No woman who is a child of God ought to make a man her head, whom she must submit to, who himself does not have Jesus Christ as his head.

There have been times when women like Esther, had no choice in the matter, and God placed her there for a specific purpose, and we are living in perilous times today, no doubt, but don't deceive yourself into thinking that God is leading you to marry a man who refuses to believe in Christ. Paul warns that women should not be leading the church, because they are much more easily deceived, "just as Eve was deceived", and he warned about men who sneak into the church to carry off women who are less than discerning. A man may look and act very Christ-like, but his goals and purpose in life, are not in accord with furthering Christ's kingdom, or advancing in obedience to Christ's command to "Go into all the world". We must be about our Father's business in these perilous times, as we know not the Day nor the Hour when Christ will return, but we must be found faithful when He does. Choose wisely, and don't be like the foolish virgins who were unprepared! We will receive rewards in glory for the deeds that we have done, and the works that are worthless, will be burnt in the fire.

I would love to share solid evidence based reasons, why the Word of God is true, and why it is imperative for the sinner to repent of his or her sins and come to the Savior. I will never back down from what I know to be true, because I know why I believe it, and I KNOW that unbelief is untenable. However, protecting the flock is of utmost importance. I can dialog with the sinner on different forums, and have shown quite a few, why they should follow Him who is The Way, The Truth and The Life. I have answered objections from unbelievers, to their admitted satisfaction, and I would be glad to do so here. However, I know a man who is in my church, whose daughter is dating a nice agnostic or atheist, depending on which day of the week you ask him, and I would not want to wish this on any man or woman, to see their daughter, whom they raised to follow Christ, decide that the man they will follow, will not follow Christ. I know a wonderful family, who has a daughter who is dating a nice Mormon. Don't go there. I won't come back and say "I told you so", but just don't do it. Spare yourself the heartache and misery. Don't do it. If you are looking for direction from God, if you are seking to follow His leading in your life, this is most certainly not it.

Last edited:
Romans 12:3 NASB
[3] For through the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think more highly of himself than he ought to think; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith.

The only qualification that we may have should be measured by our level of faith, discernment and obedience to scripture...
Well put!

OK, so what do I have to offer, besides the inner drive to protect from deception, as I mentioned earlier?

Places God first:
No exceptions, the family attends weekly church services
Well read in the knowledge of the Word of God, having read the entirety of Scripture, multiple times over and memorized numerous books in the NT.
Strong commitment to living out our faith and sharing it with as many people as God places in our path
Strong adherence to following principles for godly living.
Committed to defending the truth of God's Word, explaining from the evidence presented in nature, how there is no need whatsoever to compromise the truths found in God's Word.

Leads family well:
Married to the same woman for 18 and a half years. No divorce or separation in my past. In the process, I have learned to guide my wife into a deeper, more loving and intimate relationship.
Children have never had any serious run ins with Law enforcement.
Our home is an alcohol free and drug free environment.
Our kids see their parents being affectionate with each other, quite often.

Provider:
Earned MS degree in Computer Science and has close to 20 years of experience in Software and Firmware development.
Generally stable in holding a job. I went through a job change last year, and this year was let go and rehired back immediately, but before that, my previous position, I held for 6 years.
Working to pay off debts, but now that we have moved to a duplex with an attached garage, and my income has improved, our overall debt situation has likewise improved quite a bit this past year. Expenses have gone down, while income has gone up, enabling us to pay off a few credit cards.
Currently renting the duplex, but have been informed that the owners may want to sell, and we have let them know that we would be interested in buying. The duplex that we reside in, would be an ideal situation for a second wife, as we could remove a few walls, so each wife could have her own master bedroom, bathroom, and closet. Also there are quite a few duplexes nearby, so if we are not able to buy the one we live in, it would not be too difficult to move to another duplex, so we would need to have the wife ready to move in of course, but the logistics would work out nicely.
We have extra furnishings, which would reduce the overall costs of startup.
Small greenhouse, still needs work to decide on some edible plants, in the event of societal collapse. I have also planted a few in the backyard. I have all the gardening equipment I need (shovels, tiller, rake), in the event we get the other half of the property, which has more space to work with.

Enjoyment:
Our house is full of laughter. We have a knack for poking fun at absurdity.
I love adventure, bowling, theme parks, going for walks, throwing frisbees.
Music - I can play trombone, guitar, taught my older son how to play piano.
Enjoy playing board games - Chess, Monopoly, Axis & Allies, Sorry.
Our house is a hangout for teenagers and pre-teens alike. Older son has friends that like to stay overnight, sometimes for a whole week, younger son makes friends easily. Second wife must love children.

Last edited:
I’m sorry @paterfamilias, I don’t really buy it that you don’t believe that God exists.

What I am having a hard time believing, is that he wishes that he had faith. I ask that if there are obstacles to believing, hit us with some questions. I can take it. Go for it. If someone says they wish they had faith, and someone else comes along with an offer to make that possible, and they get no response, I am inclined to believe that they are not really serious about wishing that they had that faith.

Everyone has faith and they put their faith into practice daily. For example, when they turn on the tap and fill their glass with water, they drink it in spite of the fact they haven't had that glass of water analysed to find out what little critters are swimming around in there! They go to a restaurant, order food and eat it without a thought for what the chef or waiter may have done to it. People get on planes with absolute faith that the pilot in control of that thing is going to get them to where they've paid to go. Even opening a window and taking a breath of air involves faith because people just assume it's not poisonous gas that's going to kill them. People exercise faith when they eat, drink, drive, sit on a chair or whatever. Life involves the constant exercising of faith.

What I am having a hard time believing, is that he wishes that he had faith.

It's not faith that's missing because he has lots of faith in himself; it's faith in God. We are told in Rom. 10:17, So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Anyone who wants true faith which comes from God will only obtain it through the word of God. That is something many will not submit themselves to and thus, can never have true faith that will save their wretched souls.

Last edited:
It's not faith that's missing because he has lots of faith in himself; it's faith in God. We are told in Rom. 10:17, So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I am sure that is what he meant when he said
Trust me, i envy tbose who posses a faith.

I am just not buying it.

Man! The silence is deafening! Perhaps @paterfamilias missed all the responses here, due to the exigencies of life.

First on the list for any wise woman should be a man who is solidly grounded in the Scriptures and exhibits the ability to lead spiritually. Without a Godly foundation rooted in eternal truth, everything is subject to change in the man making him much less stable than he or the prospective wife may think.

Nothing is more important.
Amen to that! A solid understanding of Scripture is the essential foundation for all families.

So as difficult as this may be, I’ll try not to overwhelm all you guys :rolleyes:

A rockin Iron man bod like an 18 year old

I’m a gazillionaire.

A house and estate that could house another 20 or 30 wives or so, give or take.

Intelligence off the charts

A Super Baby maker (either way you read that) :p

And the poise and presence to tame the wildest Feminazi.

And I’m the humblest man I know.
Well then I guess you don't know me yet. I'm much humbler.

Back