• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

This is in fact my first rodeo!

Tricia Ann

Female
As you can tell from the title, I am new to polygyny. Hi, you can call me Tricia. Im newly betrothed to a wonderful man with an established family. I’m not someone you would look at and go “her husband has other wives”. I have a wonderful career I love, a business of my own, and I’m very involved in my local church and community. Thankfully my husband to be is extremely supportive of my career and passions.

I do not come from a family that believes in polygyny and they are not supportive of this idea at all. They are under the impression that if I just pray a little bit harder God will bestowe upon me a husband (who is not already married). They are concerned that once married I will be locked away from society never to be seen or heard from again having to give up the things I’m passionate about. Bear in mind all then know of polygyny is what they have seen on Sister Wives and documentaries about Warren Jeffs.

To say that the decision to marry a man who has other wives has been interesting is an understatement. Thankfully he is one of the most loving patient men I’ve ever met and has helped me come to terms with the fact that this life is not a sin. I’m looking forward to learning from those who live this life and the women who entered in to polygyny in a world of monogamy.

Welcome!
May you thrive in your rodeo experience!

Shalom and welcome

Welcome to the party.

I imagine that you are going to find that real life polygamy is not as weird or different than you may have been lead to expect from the cultural image. That it is in fact surprisingly normal.
Happy that you have found your family.

Last edited:
A lot of people seem to have missed that the phrase "my first rodeo" is an idiom for "my first experience with this," and not a literal statement. ;)

Welcome!
Single gals like yourself who choose this life have my respect!
I was five years into a good marriage when the idea first came up for us. It took a lot of studying before my husband was convinced it was biblically sound and a moral practice. We were in no hurry and it was not until 2022 that he found someone he was confident would fit with our family and lifestyle. serenesprings is my sisterwife and, like yourself, she also had family who were less then happy about her choice. They seem to have accepted it to a point. They are friendly with her and not trying to change her mind.

As you said your husband to be has wives he likely has experience handling the transitions and emotions of the women in his household. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you.
Glad you're here! Thanks for the introduction!

Back