• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

This is in fact my first rodeo!

Welcome! So glad you found us and introduced yourself.

Shalom and welcome.

Glad you found the place! And welcome!

As you can tell from the title, I am new to polygyny. Hi, you can call me Tricia. Im newly betrothed to a wonderful man with an established family. I’m not someone you would look at and go “her husband has other wives”. I have a wonderful career I love, a business of my own, and I’m very involved in my local church and community. Thankfully my husband to be is extremely supportive of my career and passions.

I do not come from a family that believes in polygyny and they are not supportive of this idea at all. They are under the impression that if I just pray a little bit harder God will bestowe upon me a husband (who is not already married). They are concerned that once married I will be locked away from society never to be seen or heard from again having to give up the things I’m passionate about. Bear in mind all then know of polygyny is what they have seen on Sister Wives and documentaries about Warren Jeffs.

To say that the decision to marry a man who has other wives has been interesting is an understatement. Thankfully he is one of the most loving patient men I’ve ever met and has helped me come to terms with the fact that this life is not a sin. I’m looking forward to learning from those who live this life and the women who entered in to polygyny in a world of monogamy.
Amen!

Back