• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Thoughts on Halloween??

And I take it there aren't any fans of Mardi Gras around here, either!

The world's 'holidays' are manufactured to be fun and are largely designed FOR KIDS. As we grow up, we should become enthralled with YHVH's Holiness instead. I think there is a balancing act here where these things can be brought into subjection as long as we also realize that they are passing away and YVHV's Glory is growing. Eventually, children need to grow up and know the difference.

This might just be my faith overextending itself - but I love seeing kids laugh. I also love seeing my kids know the difference between candy and vegetables and why one will make you strong and the other could destroy you if it's all you ate.

Holy, Holy, Holy is YHVH - his Glory fills KOLE EHRETS (The Whole Earth) ..... and the house was filled with smoke. Whoa! I am undone! - Isaiah 6

There is some seriously wild imagery in scripture - stuff that could make halloween look tame when taken to artistic expression - dry bones come alive. YHVH is not naïve as we understand it - but he is certainly Holy.

I say this in humility as one who wants to grow, and leave childish things behind. Indeed they are the thoughts of one who is trying to Love YHVH and everyone else too.

Last edited:
We don't particularly celebrate it, but do give candy to kids coming to our door. Maybe we shouldn't?
When we lived in the big city in apartments we did candy with a Chick tracts about HELLoween and one about Yahshua and His Salvation.

Back