• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Time to call in the big guns.

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
We just keep being hit with stuff right now, illness mostly. At the moment all the children are sick with a cold and I've got the beginnings of it too. The problem is that they've had this cold for a week and a half now and it just isn't going away. It seems to come in waves, they start to feel better then they go downhill again. All the children are getting sore ears on and off, not serious enough for me to think it's an ear infection, but enough for it to be a problem.
My asthma is starting to play up which is a problem. I am 39 weeks pregnant and could give birth any day now. At the moment there's no way anyone could take the kids as they will need Samuel as the little ones especially need near constant cuddles (Grandma and Grandad don't cut it when they're sick).
I'm not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel here. We have prayed heaps and I know that YHWH is a healer, but the children just keep getting worse. If I'm only just getting it then I've got at least another week and a bit if not longer of having it, and I really don't want to be sick in labour, especially as I breathe through the contractions for quite a long time to cope.
So, the big guns are you lot, because as much as I don't like complaining I know that you are all strong brothers and sisters in Christ and your prayers will be heard. Please pray for us. Pray that the children will get better. Pray that I would be healed too and able to go into labour healthy and able to breathe. And please pray that Samuel wouldn't get sick beyond the tiredness he's currently feeling.

Oh hon, we will definitely be praying for all y'all!

The wife and I will be praying for you and Samuel and the little ones, and the soon to arrive new little one! Blessings upon you folks!

Prayers, Sarah. Love you guys.

Our prayers and thoughts for you and the family.

Prayers for you all.

Praying, dear one! We missed you on the chat, and so understand why you couldn't be there.

Praying for you all. Lord just wrap your arms every member, tiny and big, of this family of Yours - protect them and get them through this tough time safely and quickly. We believe!

Thank you everyone. The children are doing remarkably better. Caleb (4) got an ear infection so after some antibiotics is feeling much better this morning. At this point I would be happy sending them all off to the Grandparent's, as long as it's not in the middle of the night (we're still in winter here).
I am coughing up some gunk, but mostly I'm OK, not getting any worse, and have no other signs of a cold. I don't have any signs of this turning into a chest infection which is what normally happens with me. So just really the usual end of pregnancy pains and niggles to deal with.
I am so thankful for all your prayers, we can really feel them here. After nearly 2 1/2 weeks of constant sickness of some sort I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and I owe it all to YHWH.
And I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out what an amazing husband I have. There is a very good reason he hasn't really been on the forum lately, and that's because he's busy cuddling children, doing dishes, cleaning the bathroom, taking children to the doctor, helping with meals, and letting me get the rest my body needs. All on top of doing his usual work.

And I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out what an amazing husband I have. There is a very good reason he hasn't really been on the forum lately, and that's because he's busy cuddling children, doing dishes, cleaning the bathroom, taking children to the doctor, helping with meals, and letting me get the rest my body needs. All on top of doing his usual work.
Figured as much. Go, Samuel!!

Back