• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Upgraded to XenForo 2.2!

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
I have a number of tweaks and addons to do over the coming days, but if you see any immediate issues, feel free to DM me, or post them here if you think they affect everyone. Feel free to post new features you find cool here too.

BTW, this version is supposed to work much better on mobile devices.

Thanks!, Nathan

Is it too much to ask to add a heart emoji on here? Like with the other smilies?
I will see, but first I have to figure out how I broke the main website! (i.e. right now you have to use biblicalfamilies.org/forum/ to get here.)

If anything is not working for you, please first look at the bottom left of your page and see what style you have chosen for the site. There is a little word that should, for most users, say "Default XenForo" - but may say something else if you've changed it yourself. First troubleshooting step for anything: Please change this back to "Default XenForo" and see if whatever-it-is works then.

I will be making sure everything works in the default style. I will not be troubleshooting every detail in every other style, some are crudely set up to begin with, and some styles may be further broken by the upgrade. Please tell me if anything is broken in a style other than the default - if it's minor I may fix it, if it's a major mess I might just delete the style to keep admin simple.

Actually, most of the old styles are either pretty messed up, or almost identical to the default, since they were built for Xenforo 1 and really don't work with 2. So:

1: I will disable all of the other styles and force everybody onto Default XenForo. This will change the appearance for a few people - but since many of the default styles have changed so much anyway with the upgrade it really makes no difference, you were going to have to change anyway.

2: If you really want a different style, feel free to find a XenForo 2 style and ask us to install it. Ideally, find a free one - or offer to pay for it if you fall in love with an expensive one! :)

Regarding security, you'll note that this site now has buttons to share to various social networks. They came by default, but are NOT tracking images (you can verify this using Brave - put up shields and it finds no trackers to block). So they are safe and are not reporting your activity to anyone else. If anyone does see a problem I've missed or has any other objection to these, let me know.

Is chat down, or do I just not see it on my screen?

I thought I was just blind..
lol. It would not be far fetched for me to overlook something very much right in front of me. It's happened too many times to count haha! I am relieved to read the update in the ladies thread that it is not there and getting sorted out this week.

We have been trying to get the chat working, but unfortunately hit a serious technical hitch we can't get past until we hear back from a third party. Sorry ladies, bad time to have an outage. However, private messaging is working fine (as far as I am aware), if anyone has anything important to discuss please start a private message with the other ladies, and talk about it there, or use that to coordinate meeting up on another platform.

There have been a few issues behind the scenes as a result of the upgrade, - some people lost the ability to post in certain parts of the forum, or lost the "male / female" labels under their names. There are some issues I'm working on behind the scenes. I believe I have fixed most of the problems for the present, but please do let me know if there is something that no longer works for you.

This is so low priority don’t even feel the need to respond to it but will we eventually be able to get the other styles back?

The question is more whether we eventually install a style like the old ones (maybe a new one by the same creator). We won't put the old ones back - they really don't work with the new software - but can certainly install new ones, and it's very easy to do so.

What style did you use? The old ones were called Cloud, Flat Awesome, Flexile, Flexile Dark, Social, xendisConnect and XenPress. Sarah always used Flat Awesome and resisted any attempts of mine to switch her to the default theme - but this update screwed it up so much she didn't complain at all when I switched it over.

Find a new style you like that's compatible with Xenforo 2.2, and once we've sorted out all the other things ahead of that on the list, we'll look at installing it. Unless, by then, you have gotten so used to the current style that you don't see a need to change any more!

Back