• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Upgraded to XenForo 2.2!

Just a question: I think it's kind of cool that the New Members who don't yet have icons are no longer identified with those hopelessly-unwoke male and female symbols, substituting instead the first letter of their usernames. I'm wondering, though, what the different colors of their circles signifies.

Feel free to answer this when truly important things don't have your attention.

And thank you for all your work, Nathan, Samuel, et al.

The question is more whether we eventually install a style like the old ones (maybe a new one by the same creator). We won't put the old ones back - they really don't work with the new software - but can certainly install new ones, and it's very easy to do so.

What style did you use? The old ones were called Cloud, Flat Awesome, Flexile, Flexile Dark, Social, xendisConnect and XenPress. Sarah always used Flat Awesome and resisted any attempts of mine to switch her to the default theme - but this update screwed it up so much she didn't complain at all when I switched it over.

Find a new style you like that's compatible with Xenforo 2.2, and once we've sorted out all the other things ahead of that on the list, we'll look at installing it. Unless, by then, you have gotten so used to the current style that you don't see a need to change any more!
I think I used flat awesome too. It was mostly brown I think.

I love the icons in my Brave tabs!

We now have what I think is an awesome addition to the forum - a "similar threads" tool! When you type a title of a new thread, up to 5 threads with similar titles will be suggested below it. This will hopefully help to automatically direct people to previous discussions on the same topic, rather than having the same question asked and answered multiple times. We should have had this years ago!

I've installed 6 styles/themes built for XF2, 4 of them are dark. If you want to try them, just go find the "Default XenForo" text at the very bottom left of any forum page, and click on it (Style Chooser). Shades of Blue looks pretty good. If you think you find anything not working in one of them, send me a DM.
Enjoy.

Thanks, Nathan. These are nice additions.

Praying hands are also a form of thank you so maybe we can just let folks know to use them for two things.

Praying hands are also a form of thank you so maybe we can just let folks know to use them for two things.
Yep; Japanese culture thank you; I've used that as thank you many times.

One last (maybe) little item fixed: You can now type Emoji's straight from your cellphone keyboard, and they will show up properly in the forum. ~60% of you are using cellphones to access the forum now.
You can also do it on the computer with the Smilies button at the top of the compose area - if you are running a narrow window, it may be hidden behind one of the 3-dots areas in that toolbar.

😄👍🙏🌷🌜🦠

So what you're saying is a "bless your heart" emoji
Lol! that's exactly right. Submit your choices (32x32 pixels is best), and the best one will make it to the reaction emojis. Google is your friend in this case, I'm not afraid of a little plagiarism.

I will see, but first I have to figure out how I broke the main website! (i.e. right now you have to use biblicalfamilies.org/forum/ to get here.)
I was wondering what happened to the main site. I wanted to share the open letter to pastors with ours and couldn't get the site to open, glad it's back up and running now.

I don't know how to adjust size. But if you tell me how I can keep looking and try.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220222-191638_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220222-191638_Google.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 4
Back