• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

US border crisis

Are the trash world oligarch puppet masters big enough fools as to try to go to war with China, Iran, Russia, plus Texas (and 25 other States), and 100,000,000 regular Americans all at the same time?

Maybe 🤔

On the other hand, maybe Texas and other States will grow up and decide to tell the Federal government to buzz off.

Doctrine of the lesser magistrate, and 10th Amendment

The Texas situation reduces the likelihood of a civil war. If the states begin winning legal battles against the the federal government then they will be incentivized to stay with in legal structures. Texas’ apparent victories are breathing a small amount of life into federalism, and that is the only thing that can keep America together.
Perfect description.

I would only add that Democrat cities and states already show off federales in immigration (especially in Trump era). Key changes in that now Republican states have joined.

On the other hand, maybe Texas and other States will grow up and decide to tell the Federal government to buzz off.

Doctrine of the lesser magistrate, and 10th Amendment
Canada has it's own rebellion.

Anyway, red states do have some sort of support from factions of establishment (and federal level).

If anything, national guardsmens and US army soldiers have done ton of fraternizing in previous years. They are extremely unlikely to turn weapons on friends and colleagues.

It seems my life will get worst consequences here. More expensive heating is truly unwelcome.

Just wondering.... why did it take the Texas governor so long to put up the barb wire fence? People have been walking over the border for years. President Trump tried to slow it down, but it's like an open secret; anyone could get across if they want to take the risk. Why did the governor change his mind and put up the fence now? Cheers

Just wondering.... why did it take the Texas governor so long to put up the barb wire fence? People have been walking over the border for years. President Trump tried to slow it down, but it's like an open secret; anyone could get across if they want to take the risk. Why did the governor change his mind and put up the fence now? Cheers
Because political situation has changed like Musk buying Twitter. It's mow nerve center for right wimg coordination.

So, there is a movement of private individuals going to protest / help seal the border.
If anyone here is feeling tempted to join in, first think very hard about this:
1706522265628.png
The federal authorities have a major motivation to identify potential leaders / movers-and-shakers in an upcoming conflict, and take them out beforehand by luring them into premature action. Remember how the FBI has infiltrated the leadership of conservative groups in the past, such as on J6. Don't get caught up in that dragnet.

Is this cunning evil of the Biden administration, or idiocy? It's really hard to tell the difference.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be easily explained by stupidity."

;)

The federal authorities have a major motivation to identify potential leaders / movers-and-shakers in an upcoming conflict, and take them out beforehand by luring them into premature action. Remember how the FBI has infiltrated the leadership of conservative groups in the past, such as on J6. Don't get caught up in that dragnet.

That's been my advice to friends who are getting all worked up by this.

The real tripwire here are the Guard and law enforcement from ~25 states who've shown up to help Texas. If the Feds start a war they'll be starting it with 25 states at the same time. Doing the math here I expect they'll back down.

The real tripwire here are the Guard and law enforcement from ~25 states who've shown up to help Texas. If the Feds start a war they'll be starting it with 25 states at the same time.
Agreed.
Doing the math here I expect they'll back down.
It is, though, hard to underestimate stupidity.
Especially when they have no concern for the survival of the country, in fact they despise what it symbolizes.
Also not backing down may give them a way to deny holding the upcoming election.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be easily explained by stupidity."
This is wrong. It applies to regular people, not to politicians.

Presidents, ministers etc... have vast resources on disposal and bunch of people warning them of consequences. Sometimes (usually) mistakes aren't mistakes, but action done on purpose with desired negative consequences on population.

Also not backing down may give them a way to deny holding the upcoming election.

Cancelling the election or using this event as another excuse to bar Trump from the ballot will delegitimize the regime. In which case the Federal government itself would fracture.

Lincoln didn't cancel the election during the real civil war nor were elections cancelled during the two world wars. That's the precedent here and the Biden regime can't justify suspending elections because Texas won't surrender control of a park that belongs to the state of Texas.

Cancelling the election or using this event as another excuse to bar Trump from the ballot will delegitimize the regime. In which case the Federal government itself would fracture.

Lincoln didn't cancel the election during the real civil war nor were elections cancelled during the two world wars. That's the precedent here and the Biden regime can't justify suspending elections because Texas won't surrender control of a park that belongs to the state of Texas.
Ah, but you're being logical and sensible @MeganC. I don't think we can assume your present government has those qualities.

Agreed.

It is, though, hard to underestimate stupidity.
Especially when they have no concern for the survival of the country, in fact they despise what it symbolizes.
The deep state is also completely staffed by highly arrogant and myopic, elitist fools who can’t imagine not being successful in every thing they try.

They might just blunder ahead under the assumption that they can bulldoze their way through, and maybe they can. But they’re going to be wrong eventually.

I don't think we can assume your present government has those qualities.

I'll agree that the political leaders are morons. But the military leadership (even the weird ones) are more aligned with reality.

And the reality is that what is happening in Ukraine is what the US would look like in a very short time. And while the US has an awesome military it's not designed for police actions like we saw it consistently fail at in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I'd expect the military to obey Posse Comitatus and sit out any confrontation between DC and the states.

Conversely, I'd expect police agencies in Democrat ruled jurisdictions to become horribly repressive and to foment a popular uprising against them. Their track record is of using emergencies as an excuse for abuse and tyranny and for too many of them a situation like this would be seen as a gift.

In many ways the web of law enforcement in the US has become the standing army that our Founders warned us against.

We see law enforcement carrying out armed robberies every day under the flimsy guise of civil asset forfeiture.

Law enforcement routinely violates freedom of speech guarantees.

Law enforcement routinely violates guarantees against warrantless arrests and searches.

Law enforcement routinely lies to put innocent people in prison.

Law enforcement routinely lies to keep their own worst members out of prison.

In a domestic confrontation I am far more concerned about local police than I am the military.

The military may also be about to become extremely distracted in the Middle East, and have no time for Texas.
Of course, that could be the only way of getting the Texas national guard out of the way that would be supported by patriots - call them up to fight a foreign war.
It is crazy how many crisis are occurring simultaneously.

The military may also be about to become extremely distracted in the Middle East, and have no time for Texas.
Of course, that could be the only way of getting the Texas national guard out of the way that would be supported by patriots - call them up to fight a foreign war.

The Navy would be dealing with Yemen and Iran. The Air Force too. Texas would be an Army issue but ONLY if Texas secedes which is still very unlikely.

The TNG won't be deploying to Yemen or Iran because that move would be dreadfully unpopular among too many Democrats and they're very likely to turn on Biden if he were to do that. Remember that Biden is attacking the Houthi militia in Yemen over the objections of Iran-Houthi-Shiite supporting Israel Haters in the Democrat Party.

It is crazy how many crisis are occurring simultaneously.

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.

- Matthew 24:6-7

The Navy would be dealing with Yemen and Iran. The Air Force too. Texas would be an Army issue but ONLY if Texas secedes which is still very unlikely.
But they're finding the navy and air force can't even stop Yemen firing missiles at ships without army boots on the ground - shipping is still getting shut down through the Red Sea despite their best efforts. The only way forward will be either to escalate and send in people on the ground to take out launch sites and destroy inventory, or de-escalate to diplomacy. For the same reason, they couldn't take out Iran without the army - they could do a lot of damage, but only enough to enrage Iran and all its proxies and allies, not entirely cripple their capabilities. You can't take out thousands of decentralised sites with a few Tomahawks. The branches are all designed to work together, and wherever things become heated all will be required. So I believe this Middle Eastern situation has the potential to become much larger than you are thinking @MeganC, and the last time there was such a war as this could become National Guard units were called up to serve there.

Of course, it just has the potential to, that does not mean it will actually occur. And you are correct that we should not be alarmed by any of this.

You are all forgotten "Defend the Guard" movement in US. With such state legislation, state National Guard will only be allowed for "federal use" only if Congress declares war.

I think such legislation has passed already in several states.

Back