• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Virgin Wives

It won't work out for him, but continues to be the question. WHY aren't most Christian non married women virgins?

Cart before horse.

Most women are not Christians. They have to be Christians first and then you can start talking about Godly expectations for them.

Oh, and to be clear, most women who say they are Christians don't evidence any actual faith. For instance, the ones who sleep around before marriage.

Last edited:
The biggest reason is parents allow their children to be influenced by unchristian teachers and peers through school and also through media.
The world says "get rid of your v-card" and "not all encounters need to be meaningful" while the truth is that the meaning of a sexual relationship can never be separated from the act.
Churches went along with trendy dress fashions, glamorous make up, and the worldly thinking came along too.
Pastor's wife in our small town is an example. Mini skirts, make up and jewelry, throwing a fit about a misunderstanding with an honorable young man interested in her daughter ...instead of letting her husband handle it.
*shrugs* There's a reason we don't attend anywhere.
Tax exempt churches today are more interested in increasing their own numbers - it seems. Which means not preaching the truth. Preaching the truth is no longer politically correct these days. Lest they offend a big earner, and they move to a rival church across the street. Which means there goes their salary. It's especially inconvenient preaching about the Biblical family structure, because it seems the wives these days make the big decisions.

It won't work out for him, but continues to be the question. WHY aren't most Christian non married women virgins?
Because they’re taught that the “sin” of sex before marriage is remedied by ceasing to have sex with that man. They’re never taught that they rashly formed a one flesh bond and are now bound to that man. They think they can quit having sexual with him and get some quick forgiveness and start pretending to wait for God to bring them their one true prince, again. Until Mr. Good Enough For Right Now comes along and rinse and repeat.

The fathers.
This is consequence of linear thinking.

Take single variable, keep same values for rest and blame single variable for all. Same method used to prove CO2 is cause of global warming.

@Earth_is- this especially applies to you. Problem can has multiple significant causes.

Causes not mentioned. Welfare state, central banks and femism empowerent.

Constant inflation makes people think more short term and therefore more hedonistic.

Welfare states replaces functions of family. And useless institutions aren't kept, but removed.

Oh my, I foresee alot of Christian women saying "I made a mistake! Where is my forgiveness?" To which the conservative crowd says "too bad so sad!" I actually find the religiousity of the whole thing repulsive. Daughters as well as sons make mistakes and we have a Savior for that. Don't forget the daughters who are violated beyond their permission. Are they unacceptable too? Sorry, I can't subscribe to that level of pseudo-godliness. I suppose the next step is racial purity among the "hebrew" participants. We are thousands of years removed from that and we place a burden of purity NOW?
The best our society can do is cry out for mercy from a Holy God and seek cleansing from our Savior Jesus Christ, then carry on in humility. Protect our little girls and boys and teach them true virtue instead of idol worship found in a tiny fold of skin.

Oh my, I foresee alot of Christian women saying "I made a mistake! Where is my forgiveness?" To which the conservative crowd says "too bad so sad!" I actually find the religiousity of the whole thing repulsive. Daughters as well as sons make mistakes and we have a Savior for that. Don't forget the daughters who are violated beyond their permission. Are they unacceptable too? Sorry, I can't subscribe to that level of pseudo-godliness. I suppose the next step is racial purity among the "hebrew" participants. We are thousands of years removed from that and we place a burden of purity NOW?
The best our society can do is cry out for mercy from a Holy God and seek cleansing from our Savior Jesus Christ, then carry on in humility. Protect our little girls and boys and teach them true virtue instead of idol worship found in a tiny fold of skin.
We live in an age where a woman's virginity means very little. However, that does not nullify the Word. If a woman isn't a virgin, because she was "in the world," then it's not a deal-breaker either, because we were all "in the world" at one time; following the tracks laid forth by Lucifer - the "light bringer." But she needs to repent - come to true faith in Lord Jesus Christ - and be reborn. I would just recommend spending extra time with her in order to examine her fruit before becoming one flesh with her. What is the fruit of the Spirit?

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.

How about fruit of the flesh:

Galatians 5:19-21
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

So if she claims being "reborn" but still continues to practice the fruit of the flesh - then be prepared to cut her off. Marriage is a blessing for a good wife:

Proverbs 18:22
He that has found a good wife has found favours, and has received gladness from God.

Marriage isn't a blessing with a bad wife:

Proverbs 21:9
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

So judge by the fruit - and don't be carried away by the lust of the eyes, therefore, Lord Jesus Christ willing, you won't have a problem with a quarrelsome wife. Doesn't mean things will be perfect of course, because we all go through trials to help strengthen and mature us in the faith.

Last edited:
The fathers.
Failure to lead their families.
Failure to teach their daughters the ramifications of the choices they'll be free to make in our societies.
Generalized failure to refrain themselves from rewarding women for being unruly, disrespectful and disobedient.
Failure to teach their sons to refrain from rewarding Female Independence Delusion or to refrain from chasing pussy.

Cart before horse.

Most women are not Christians. They have to be Christians first and then you can start talking about Godly expectations for them.

Oh, and to be clear, most women who say they are Christians don't evidence any actual faith. For instance, the ones who sleep around before marriage.
True . . . but it's not just about Christianity. It's about what is frequently labeled common sense and even commonly referred to as natural law, both of which reflect the functional set of predictable consequences for various behaviors.

Even non-Christians can be taught these things.

Causes not mentioned. Welfare state, central banks and femism empowerent.

Constant inflation makes people think more short term and therefore more hedonistic.

Welfare states replaces functions of family. And useless institutions aren't kept, but removed.
Excellent list, @MemeFan, but it is men who are responsible for the existence of every one of these -- and it will only be men who eliminate them if they are ever eliminated. If they remain in place, it is because men either want them to remain or don't give enough of a damn to do what it would take to eliminate them.

What's really called for is for men to stop heeding the feminized siren call of "growth and development" and replace it with active (not just verbal) willingness to be disobedient and to demand that changes occur. Part and parcel of doing so, though, will be the requirement of ceasing to reward women for the manner in which they've grown accustomed to behaving. They will never stop on their own, and no amount of 'being a better man,' begging, pleading or guilt-tripping is going to inspire women to stop taking advantage of the reward systems men set up and continue to sustain.

We live in an age where a woman's virginity means very little. However, that does not nullify the Word. If a woman isn't a virgin, because she was "in the world," then it's not a deal-breaker either, because we were all "in the world" at one time; following the tracks laid forth by Lucifer - the "light bringer." But she needs to repent - come to true faith in Lord Jesus Christ - and be reborn. I would just recommend spending extra time with her in order to examine her fruit before becoming one flesh with her. What is the fruit of the Spirit?

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control.

How about fruit of the flesh:

Galatians 5:19-21
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

So if she claims being "reborn" but still continues to practice the fruit of the flesh - then be prepared to cut her off. Marriage is a blessing for a good wife:

Proverbs 18:22
He that has found a good wife has found favours, and has received gladness from God.

Marriage isn't a blessing with a bad wife:

Proverbs 21:9
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

So judge by the fruit - and don't be carried away by the lust of the eyes, therefore, Lord Jesus Christ willing, you won't have a problem with a quarrelsome wife. Doesn't mean things will be perfect of course, because we all go through trials to help strengthen and mature us in the faith.
@MeganC is correct: cart before the horse. @MemeFan is also correct: too much linear thinking.

But the core of where you're going off the rails, in my insufficiently-humble opinion, @Earth_is-, is that you're cherry-picking a particular, albeit weighty, behavior set and isolating it from its context.
We are thousands of years removed from that and we place a burden of purity NOW?
^ ^ ^ This is a large aspect of the context. We can't abdicate so much of our masculine imperative that, among MANY other things, we failed to continue providing any foundation for expecting virginity -- and then think we can speak virginity-expectation back into existence.

It's time for all men to assert their headship and become true patriarchs.

It's time for all patriarchs to become ungovernable.

Right, @The Revolting Man?

Last edited:
The fathers.
Failure to teach their sons to refrain from rewarding Female Independence Delusion or to refrain from chasing pussy.
Good luck with that.
I make no assumption that teaching equals adherence. We live in the world. One can raise one's daughters to avoid being sluts, but, in the end, they make the moment-to-moment choices, especially after they become adults. The same is true of sons, and, yes, most will make the mistake of chasing tail rather than patiently waiting for women to articulate the arguments for why they should be brought into our sons households.

But that's no justification for failing to thoroughly teach every last argument for refraining from chasing pussy, starting, perhaps, with the fact that doing so tends to lead to being what we used to call henpecked -- that, on top of decreasing the overall supply of potential virgin brides.

Back