• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General What instruments do you play?

AmbassadorforChrist

Real Person
Male
I guess I will start this off with what I play.
I have enjoyed trying a variety of instruments. Currently I have been playing fiddle the most, with tenor banjo, and mandolin, but I also play penny whistle, harmonica, a bit of piano, and a little guitar, all in that order.

The type of music I play ranges, but the majority is Celtic, along with some western, and northwestern European tunes thrown in the mix.
I also play a lot of old time tunes, along with some French Canadian (both of which have their roots in Celtic music).

Then last but certainly not least! I love playing old hymns, and worship music.
I am still broadening my repertoire in all the genres I play, and I hope that never changes!:)
What have you all?

I play just the piano. The genre of music I play the most is classical. I love Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Bach, Greig, and a few others. I stopped playing a few years back due to school getting so busy. Now, I've picked it back up and am playing quite frequently. A good de-stressor and wonderful medicine for the soul!
Some pieces I'm brushing the rust off is 1st Movement Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven, Solfeggietto by Bach, and Puck by Edvard Greig. Once I get those down, I plan on learning a few new pieces.

I play just the piano. The genre of music I play the most is classical. I love Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, Bach, Greig, and a few others. I stopped playing a few years back due to school getting so busy. Now, I've picked it back up and am playing quite frequently. A good de-stressor and wonderful medicine for the soul!
Some pieces I'm brushing the rust off is 1st Movement Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven, Solfeggietto by Bach, and Puck by Edvard Greig. Once I get those down, I plan on learning a few new pieces.
Ah! So you are one of those snobby classical musicians!:p:D
I can appreciate classical music, mostly because I can realize how hard it is, and how disciplined the musician must be, atleast in the mid to higher levels.:)
But so much of the classical genre is so complex/busy, that it becomes to much for me to listen to without smoke rolling out my
ears!;)
I will have to look those up and listen to them.

I can appreciate classical music, mostly because I can realize how hard it is, and how disciplined the musician must be, atleast in the mid to higher levels.:)
But so much of the classical genre is so complex/busy, that it becomes to much for me to listen to without smoke rolling out my
ears!;)
Go down to Phoenix and see a full symphony....live! It will blow your socks off.

ears!;)
Haha. I'm probably the least snobby, because I'm not super advanced like so many other great individuals.
It can be busy at times, but I love the complexity and yet how it moves beautifully together. I've actually seen an orchestra live and LOVED it!

I play guitar (both acoustic and electric) since I was 14 years old. Used to play in church, so mostly worship songs, but stopped with it after it took too much energy due to severe back pains as a result of a heavy accident. Used to play bass as well, but my heart is still for the guitar. There are always a pair available in the living room to grab...

Currently, I play YouTube and ocassionally the radio.

I used to play guitar and some mandolin, but most proud of singing lead in an opera and singing with the International Boys Choir.

My favorite genre is anything except for hiphop/rap....

my mom played piano and I could play some hymns at 7 or eight but I quit that early on
our school system had a pretty good music program
I started on trombone in the 5th grade 1965
played in church ever since.
took up bass fiddle in orchestra 7th grade played bass guitar in stage band
bought a drum set in 8th grade and took up the sax in 10th which quickly caused the trombone t0 go by the wayside
met a Jesus freak hippie and learned to play blues harp harmonica.
haven't played sax much for about 7 years
currently play bass at the local Life Church and play drums with a local oldies band once in a while
never became good at reading music play mostly by ear.
musically a "jack of all and master of none" LOL

I play drums, guitar and bass in that order. I was a professional musician for about 10 years playing a type of music most people wouldn't want to listen to haha. It was a prog rock band that did mostly concept albums ( maybe @Slumberfreeze listens to stuff like that )

Nowadays I am trying to write a whole album strictly from scriptures. @Pacman and @PeteR have heard at least one of the songs.

I hope I can get a good recording done soon so I can share it on here.

I play guitar (both acoustic and electric) since I was 14 years old. Used to play in church, so mostly worship songs, but stopped with it after it took too much energy due to severe back pains as a result of a heavy accident. Used to play bass as well, but my heart is still for the guitar. There are always a pair available in the living room to grab...
Nice! Someday I will probably pick up guitar again. I would like to work on some finger picking in some of the not so well known tunings, that are more in line with the styles I play already.

Currently, I play YouTube and ocassionally the radio.

I used to play guitar and some mandolin, but most proud of singing lead in an opera and singing with the International Boys Choir.

My favorite genre is anything except for hiphop/rap....
Haha! Well that's all my father plays. He loves music, but never learned to play anything.

I would have never guessed you a singer, but then again one never knows by looking at someone what they are capable of.:)

I can't stand listening to hiphop, I don't mind the rhythm in some rap, but don't like rap itself, I don't care for rocknroll, and I can't stand heavy metal!

my mom played piano and I could play some hymns at 7 or eight but I quit that early on
our school system had a pretty good music program
I started on trombone in the 5th grade 1965
played in church ever since.
took up bass fiddle in orchestra 7th grade played bass guitar in stage band
bought a drum set in 8th grade and took up the sax in 10th which quickly caused the trombone t0 go by the wayside
met a Jesus freak hippie and learned to play blues harp harmonica.
haven't played sax much for about 7 years
currently play bass at the local Life Church and play drums with a local oldies band once in a while
never became good at reading music play mostly by ear.
musically a "jack of all and master of none" LOL
My mom plays piano, although her main instrument is accordion. I picked up a little piano from her, but haven't done much with it, mostly a few songs that I particularly liked.

From the sound of it you are very well rounded.
I would say the same about myself with the "jack of all master of none" atleast at this point.
I was going to a weekly jam session, but that has been canceled due to coronavirus.:(
I also don't read music, although I would definitely like to work on it.

I play drums, guitar and bass in that order. I was a professional musician for about 10 years playing a type of music most people wouldn't want to listen to haha. It was a prog rock band that did mostly concept albums ( maybe @Slumberfreeze listens to stuff like that )

Nowadays I am trying to write a whole album strictly from scriptures. @Pacman and @PeteR have heard at least one of the songs.

I hope I can get a good recording done soon so I can share it on here.
Percussion has always been something I really like, but I have never done anything with it. I have a little brother who I think would be awesome at percussion, he's 10 and has great rhythm!

I look forward to listening to your songs!

Back