• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What it's like to share the same man

So here I see a story of a polygamous family that is a bit unusual, and the response is mainly a string of personal criticisms of how weird these women are and why everyone wouldn't want to be married to them. Very interesting. Because that's exactly the sort of response that a story about any of us would get on any other forum. So how exactly are we different from the world?

My comment wasn't a criticism of taste, personality, or weirdness; but a warning about mental issues that are likely to cause severe relationship problems. Thats still a big bundle of crazy right there; a basket full of red flags a man would be wise to heed.

Maybe they could be handled if one is adept; but in todays world it is unwise to even try.

The marriage would be ALL about them. total disaster, IMO.
agreed!!! Not only is there no place for a man--Adone--in either of their lives; there's no place for a child to enter this world with either of them as a mom--can you IMAGINE what THAT would look like?!? Oh, my soul! The best thing for those 2 is to stay single the rest of their lives if they want to keep their charade going!!!

I just realized there IS a man in their lives but not a covenant so I'm editing the 1st comment.

Last edited:
So here I see a story of a polygamous family that is a bit unusual, and the response is mainly a string of personal criticisms of how weird these women are and why everyone wouldn't want to be married to them. Very interesting. Because that's exactly the sort of response that a story about any of us would get on any other forum. So how exactly are we different from the world?

Should we be acting the same as the world treats us? Or should we be better than that?

I wouldn't want to be married to them - but I also wouldn't want to be married to most of the women in the world. Every single one of us is wrong for most people in the world, we're all weird - but we're also each right for someone. These young ladies appear to have found a man who actually loves them for their weirdness, and that's awesome. Good on them all.

Thanks for the diplomacy and attitude check. I really think reality wins out here. If one of us actually had the chance to meet the 1st set of twins, would we run the other way, or value the opportunity to establish a relationship (in spite of how challenging that might seem) so that perhaps we might have the opportunity of showing them a better way to think and live and still enjoy their twinness? (don't think that's a word :( ) At the end of the day, I have to wonder--do they know Jesus? Probably not--there's nothing in the video that even remotely hints that He has any part in their lives. Oh, me--where will those 2 spend eternity?!
2 Timothy 2:25
In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

My comment wasn't a criticism of taste, personality, or weirdness; but a warning about mental issues that are likely to cause severe relationship problems. Thats still a big bundle of crazy right there; a basket full of red flags a man would be wise to heed.

Maybe they could be handled if one is adept; but in todays world it is unwise to even try.

Maybe their "oneness" is what makes it easy for the guy in the middle to keep his sanity!?! For most ladies, it's really hard to know how men process most of the time in normal situations. This is definitely not normal so how the guy is dealing with this is totally over my head!

Should we be acting the same as the world treats us? Or should we be better than that?

I wouldn't want to be married to them - but I also wouldn't want to be married to most of the women in the world. Every single one of us is wrong for most people in the world, we're all weird - but we're also each right for someone. These young ladies appear to have found a man who actually loves them for their weirdness, and that's awesome. Good on them all.
Ughhh Sam! Why did you have to insert this? Now I have to feel bad and guilty on Father's Day.
Can we at least call a truce if I only comment on those annoying down under accents?:eek:

Well... Sorry, but they aren't the most identical twins:

Being a teacher and an administrator, for me this was a most unique video and opportunity to see how these two have taken lemons and made lemonade. Obviously everyone in the video likes their lemonade! I'm so glad these two young ladies didn't listen to all the "you-can-nots" I'm sure they've gotten repeatedly down through the years. It's so good for us to see this type of challenge being met positively and with success. They had parents who believed in them, who in turn taught them to accept who they are and believe in themselves. The world teaches us to castigate those who are different from us--the exact opposite of what our Yeshua wants.

Thanks Shibboleth for posting this.

Bwahahahahaha! That is funny. I am sure they are serious but I wouldn't be able to.

Hey so here's a question... share a bed or not? What are your thoughts.... mine are no way!

Back