• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What women prefer

Lol I was going to say we don't all live in Wyoming! haha We have brush hooks in the yard to kill the snakes if the dogs mess with them but luckily we're not fighting off Bears and Bison like ya'll are.

I'm more worried about getting murdered or robbed in Baton Rouge. Seriously though i'm only going to Walmart, I doubt they'd take too kindly to me being strapped up while grocery shopping lol
You are packing at the Walmart right? If not, I'd recommend it. I always do, and I live in a safer location than Baton Rouge.

Here in Washington any "gun free" signs at private businesses don't carry the weight of law, so we just ignore them (concealed carry of course). Walmart doesn't prohibit them anyway does it?

Dang! Like Lovesdogs, I assumed the .308 AR10 was for moose, bison, bears, wolves, and cougars. I wrongly thought that the lowly .223 AR15 was sufficient for coyotes, feral dogs, and meth heads. ☺️

Glad I've got both 👍

When are you going to trade in the lowly .45acp for a 10mm?

Also, out of curiosity, what kind of.22 do you pack? The little Berettas are cool. I have been known to carry my Ruger SR22. It is a fun and useful little gun.

The .308 is basically a one-and-done kind of thing. Even if they have body armor on it won't stop a tungsten core .308.

I like the .45 with Federal Hydrashok hollow points because it's a reliable safety round where you don't have to worry about a backstop.

My .22 is a Beretta. Eight rounds with one in the chamber and I use CCI Mini Mags in it.

You are packing at the Walmart right? If not, I'd recommend it. I always do, and I live in a safer location than Baton Rouge.

Here in Washington any "gun free" signs at private businesses don't carry the weight of law, so we just ignore them (concealed carry of course). Walmart doesn't prohibit them anyway does it?
I carry my gun everywhere, I just meant I wasn't going Rambo mode like Megan just to go to Walmart lol she's fighting off dinosaurs and meth heads.

Walmart doesn't allow open carry firearms here though, I've seen it posted on their entrances. They also used to sell firearms but they cut back on it a lot after the liberals freaked over the mass shootings awhile back.

Like you, I think they just ignore it though, they're more worried about checking receipts than open carry.

Last edited:
I carry my gun everywhere, I just meant I wasn't going Rambo mode like Megan just to go to Walmart lol she's fighting off dinosaurs and meth heads.

Walmart doesn't allow open carry firearms here though, I've seen it posted on their entrances. They also used to sell firearms but they cut back on it a lot after the liberals freaked over the mass shootings awhile back.

Like you I think they just ignore it though, they're more worried about checking receipts than open carry.

Here's the thing, LD, mass shootings really happen. They can happen at Wal Mart and they can happen anywhere else. And you're either prepared for it or you are not.

I choose to be prepared.

If, God forbid, I should need my AR-10 and 100 rounds to take down or suppress a maniac then I would have it with me instead of wishing I'd had it with me.

(Wal-Mart is) more worried about checking receipts than open carry.

They don't get to check my receipt. My transaction ends at the checkout and after that it's none of their business what I do with my property. They have no right to do this and they can ask you for your receipt but nowhere in the USA are you obligated to show it to them.

Costco, on the other hand, is a membership store and one of the terms of membership is allowing them to check your receipt against your purchases as you leave.

They don't get to check my receipt. My transaction ends at the checkout and after that it's none of their business what I do with my property.
AMEN! I simply say "no thank you, smile and keep walking". They expect people to comply or get agitated and argue. They don't know what to do when someone smiles and says "No thanks! Have a good day!"

It turns what would have been something to piss me off to a great opportunity to laugh at the confusion and consternation on their faces.

Here's the thing, LD, mass shootings really happen. They can happen at Wal Mart and they can happen anywhere else. And you're either prepared for it or you are not.

I choose to be prepared.

If, God forbid, I should need my AR-10 and 100 rounds to take down or suppress a maniac then I would have it with me instead of wishing I'd had it with me.
Yup, I agree with you. I just like my Glock because it fits in my small purse. We have shotguns in the trucks and the house. I've never shot anything else.

AMEN! I simply say "no thank you, smile and keep walking". They expect people to comply or get agitated and argue. They don't know what to do when someone smiles and says "No thanks! Have a good day!"

It turns what would have been something to piss me off to a great opportunity to laugh at the confusion and consternation on their faces.
That's my strat lol I just push past the receipt- checking hostage line, wave and say "have a nice day."

@MeganC Is right though about Costco and Sam's, they literally put it in their terms of service.

Yup, I agree with you. I just like my Glock because it fits in my small purse. We have shotguns in the trucks and the house. I've never shot anything else.

I have a compact .45 that would fit in a purse but I prefer a holster. Shotguns are good but you have to be too close for them to be effective or accurate. I'm capable with the AR-10 out to about 500 yards.

That's what I always did about masks and signing in to every single building and shop I went into. They don't expect me to smile and say "No thank you!"

Glocks and shotguns are great! They will certainly do the job!

Shotguns are especially useful in Louisiana which is a sportsman's paradise. They are also pretty awesome for pest control, and defensive use.

That said, I hope it is ok if I suggest also possibly adding an AR15.

Here are a few points in favor of "America's Rifle version 15" 😉

1. As an American, and particularly as a Southerner, it is almost a civic duty to have at least one.
2. They are a ton of fun.
3. Biden and the other scoundrels in Washington DC really don't want you to have one. That is reason enough.
4. They are really easy to shoot, and easy to shoot well. They have almost no recoil at all (unlike shotguns).
5. They are pretty accurate. I can hit "man sized" targets at 500 yards (using a scope).
6. Basic .223/5.56 ammo is relatively inexpensive compared with other stuff.
6. They are ergonomic, and comfortable. The collapsible butt stock commonly used make it so they can be adjusted to fit everyone.
7. You have a high rate of fire and good ammo capacity with 30 round magazines (compared to shotgun).
8. The price of AR15 rifles has dropped and you can get decent ones for around $500, or probably even $400 if you shop around (or build one using a stripped lower and a Palmetto State Armory build kit).
9. They are pretty lightweight and handy
10. They are powerful enough (though Megan's .308 is more powerful).
11. Everyone uses them or the select fire equivalent (police, military, and millions of your fellow Americans).

There are good reasons for their popularity.

Then again, a .22lr rifle is also a ton of fun, and cheaper to boot.

I choose to be prepared.

1677618009338.png

That's what I always did about masks and signing in to every single building and shop I went into. They don't expect me to smile and say "No thank you!"
Covid really taught me a lot. One thing it taught me is that you usually don't have to do the things people think you do.

All the stores had big signs saying stuff like "covid masks required", but almost no one ever said anything about it.

I usually just ignored the signs and was friendly.

"These aren't the droids you're looking for"

Covid really taught me a lot. One thing it taught me is that you usually don't have to do the things people think you do.
At the same time, we had a census, that the government completely stuffed up by trying to do online. Traditionally everyone would get census forms, and it was completely accepted that you'd just dutifully fill them in. But the last census they tried to send people codes to log in online, the systems wouldn't work, people didn't have codes, people tried to do it but they couldn't, and so many people just gave up that the results were known to completely undercount everyone and be near-useless.

Now they're running a new census - but the attitude of people to censuses, and anything from the government, is now different. From what I've seen, the average person simply doesn't care any more. They may or may not fill out a form if they get one in the mail, but they're not going to go out of their way to get one, and are instead asking around social media questions like "Do we really have to do this? What is the minimum amount of information we can fill in without breaking the law?".

It's an attitude shift across a wide chunk of society - a shift away from cooperation with the government. It's caused by everything that has happened over the past 3 years. Heaps of people are waking up the the fact that you "usually don't have to do the things people think you do".

I'm not sure what this has to do with what women prefer though!

Not sure the context because the link doesn't work but generally speaking no man is perfect and he can't be with you 24/7. That's why I carry my gun everywhere I go, at least then I'll stand somewhat of a chance lol
And Bingo was his name-o

Might be seen as a silly quality to seek but hoping to marry a woman who will run three gun drills with me. Swoon

Just one?

Seriously, my personal loadout is my compact .45, a spare seven-round mag, two butterfly knives, and a .22 automatic. If I'm leaving the property then add a loaded AR-10 and four (or more) twenty-round mags to go with it. This is not unusual around Wyoming.

Ugh...wish I still lived on a ranch.
We talking about on the body or including the truck guns and boogie bag?

Memefan - I’m from BIH. But live in the United States. I visit Croatia at least once a year for the beach. Favorite place is probably Bol, Croatia on the little island. I assume since you’re pro biblical patriarchy - you’re not catholic? Most of Croatia is catholic; and the Balkans are either catholic, orthodox, or Muslim. They can’t get along very well because of that. People are born into these groups, and most can’t get out because they don’t seek God with all their heart themselves.

My parents are Muslim, and my wife is catholic. I simply believed in a God (but no religion) for most of my life, but came to Lord Jesus a few years into my marriage; simply by asking the right questions and seeking the truth no matter where it takes.

I assume since you’re pro biblical patriarchy - you’re not catholic?
Correct

Most of Croatia is catholic; and the Balkans are either catholic, orthodox, or Muslim. They can’t get along very well because of that. People are born into these groups, and most can’t get out because they don’t seek God with all their heart themselves.
It's mountains, always mountains. Mountains divide population and every valley can have it's nation, language.

Just check Caucaus and Iran. It's barely controllable. Same on Balkans.

Good seeking was always personal matter, althought group culture would help.

Back