• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Where are the women?

ARE there any women out there who genuinely want polygyny? Who do well in an want that lifestyle and will be a good wife for a man with multiple wives?

Or is it just a pipe dream?

Really it just comes down to the rarity of a virtuous woman. A real proverbs woman who seeks after the father. A woman that actually wants to be under the headship of a Godly man. They are rare and of great value.
It’s more so about marriage than polygyny. I believe God designed marriage as it is portrayed in the Bible but most women hold to Roman Catholic ideals. Find a woman that wants to serve YHWH and you most likely will have a woman that is open to true marriage with a God fearing man. Shouldn’t really matter to her if he is already joined to other women. I would think that a Godly woman would see a mans Godly wife or wives as a huge asset to joining with that man.

Thanks guys.

I am glad for you.

Going through a hard time with my first wife right now... not sure how it will end up. I cherish my second who is happy in and wants poly, but seeing my first fall apart has jaded me about ever finding someone else.
Praying for you, brother!

Going through a hard time with my first wife right now... not sure how it will end up. I cherish my second who is happy in and wants poly, but seeing my first fall apart has jaded me about ever finding someone else.
Sorry to hear that.
I’m guessing that she thought that it would be a monogamous relationship when she married you?

Rubies are rare gems that are a form of corundum. People associate rubies with the color red, but depending on their exact elemental content, rubies may appear pink, as well. Gemstone Education reports that rubies of high purity have exceptionally high value due to their rarity--in some cases, they can fetch prices higher than diamonds.

I coppied this off a website. I did not know Rubies were worth more than Diamonds. I hear Diamond are artificially inflated but still. Probably a Church sermon in that. Anyways, this makes you Proverbs 31 women even more valuable.... and rare.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

I am glad for you.

Prayers up brother.

Yes sir!! God has blessed me with one! A very undeserved blessing. They are rare. I do pray for a second but feel very blessed to have one!

Same here. Incredible undeserved blessing!!!

I believe that God forgave my rash monogamy vow at the time I made it and again when I learned further and repented of it. I asked for her forgiveness for acting against it and she forgave me, but she is now unsure she wants to 're-affirm' the rest of our vows (stay my wife) with the reality of poly. :(
Praying for you brother.

ARE there any women out there who genuinely want polygyny? Who do well in an want that lifestyle and will be a good wife for a man with multiple wives?

It isn't a pipe dream at all. As a woman I can say I want what Yahweh has for me, be it a husband and I his only wife or the 10th wife. I can say I am being refined and I am far from the perfect woman but if we are focused on perfection we just may miss the right one. I am holding out for the right one for me.
There is a right one for you just be patient. Keep learning and growing into the man who will attract the kind of wife you pray for.
It will come. Shalom, P

Proverbs 31:10 KJV
[10] Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

I think that pretty much sums it up...

I just was quoting this verse with my wife the other day. It comes down to what her desire is going to be, for God or for herself. We have all been there, and we know its not easy to live how God wants but we do care about it, thats why we are here. Those women are out there, maybe just in the making still, but they can also be lead to be there. If you have the energy to do it, because it is not easy! It's a battle worth fighting though, you may not always win but at least you attempted to teach her and lead her into His love for her and her life.

It is a fight brother, don't give up, don't let the enemy steal away what God has promised you. I am often reminded that "I have free will", so yes, she does, but a lot of that is taken away when we turn our life to God, in fact, I think all of it is! I am fighting the same fight, now is a dark time for us, even my 3rd makes similar comments to me, and she married me knowing I was fully for poly. Easy to talk the talk, but when it comes to walking the walk, haha, well that's just not the same thing!!! :rolleyes:

I believe that God forgave my rash monogamy vow at the time I made it and again when I learned further and repented of it. I asked for her forgiveness for acting against it and she forgave me, but she is now unsure she wants to 're-affirm' the rest of our vows (stay my wife) with the reality of poly. :(

19 A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.

"repenting of your rash vow" will sound a lot like oath breaking to the beneficiary of that vow. Cards on the table, that's exactly what I think of it too. You have dealt brutally with the wife of your youth. Winning her back will not be simple. She was supposed to be your closest companion, and you have offended her. That's a much different problem than not being able to find a woman who genuinely want poly. (And it's a more important problem as well)

19 A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.

"repenting of your rash vow" will sound a lot like oath breaking to the beneficiary of that vow. Cards on the table, that's exactly what I think of it too. You have dealt brutally with the wife of your youth. Winning her back will not be simple. She was supposed to be your closest companion, and you have offended her. That's a much different problem than not being able to find a woman who genuinely want poly. (And it's a more important problem as well)
Amen!!!! If more men could understand this, they could have amazing results with their wife/wives.

Of course.

Are you already married to your second, and if so, how much time elapsed since you repented of your vow and she forgave it and you married the second?

Not trying to derail the thread, but you did make it about your personal experience.

IMO this is the wrong focus. A wife who will follow the husband where God is leading him will succeed in all roles whether poly or mono.

Praying for you. Let me know if there’s anything I can do.

Back