• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Whose responsibility is it to earn money?

The first part of my comment was in direct response and not off topic
I agree. When splitting threads like this it is always inevitable that some comments could go either way, and half your comment should have remained there, but I didn't want to edit it. He'll no doubt read this thread too and see it here. I'm pleased you understand the practicalities.
Now I understand you were trying to get rid of my comment wholesale so I can't wholly disagree with that. Forums are chaos, at least I'm not in charge, cheers

Now I understand you were trying to get rid of my comment wholesale so I can't wholly disagree with that. Forums are chaos, at least I'm not in charge, cheers
I don't think he was trying to get rid of your comment at all. Why do you think so?

I agree. When splitting threads like this it is always inevitable that some comments could go either way, and half your comment should have remained there, but I didn't want to edit it. He'll no doubt read this thread too and see it here. I'm pleased you understand the practicalities.
LOL I was wondering why some of mine were brought over here. So it's not just you @Ruth Elizabeth. He moved mine to, the imp!

What can a woman be asked to do then?
Absolutely anything. Whatever her husband needs, whatever their family needs. My issue lies when people (typically men) suggest starting a pyramid scheme of working women at the sacrifice of mothers spending time with their children. Then treating it as though it's a benefit to have a co-wives raise their children for them.

That is simply my opinion on the matter. I'm not claiming this is biblical. I was also sharing knowledge that I've accumulated from discussing polygyny with other single women. I've spoken to many other single women about polygyny. Almost none of them were excited or interested in the idea of working outside of the household, muchless while being mothers. Most women open to poly to begin with were very traditional and their definition of traditional did not include working. I discovered this because I actually want to work outside of the household and contribute financially, I love the idea that polygyny offers opportunities for women such as myself to do so and I was discussing this with them. Basically I was saying don't hold your breath at the thought of women dropping everything for a chance at polygyny, let alone if it requires her to work outside of the household. That's very unappealing to most women.

Last edited:
I agree that some men, in my opinion, have the mentality of treating wives like milk cows. The more there are, the higher the production ($). From what I’ve seen of the guys that have stayed around here, that really isn’t the case for them. Yes, they would like another team member, presumably a team can live better than people can live as singles. Typically the man plans to provide, but the roles of the wives may morph depending on the needs of the family. It’s not like a business that hires for certain slots.

Then there are the guys with what I call free-range wives, who have to support themselves and he visits them at will. I haven’t noticed any of that type hanging around lately.

I mean it's still better than having a thread posted under your name asking a question you did not ask...with your responses randomly used out of context as the subject matter 🤨 You got off easy!
I actually wanted the thread under my name. Go figger... I guess you get what ya pay for around here. A thankless job and people complaining about your ineptitude. 😂

I actually wanted the thread under my name. Go figger... I guess you get what ya pay for around here. A thankless job and people complaining about your ineptitude. 😂
It’s a hard life, but I suspect that you will manage.

Absolutely anything. Whatever her husband needs, whatever their family needs. My issue lies when people (typically men) suggest starting a pyramid scheme of working women at the sacrifice of mothers spending time with their children. Then treating it as though it's a benefit to have a co-wives raise their children for them.
I'd love to know who's promoting this kind of idea. Cause I've not seen it promoted here but maybe by some guys I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.
I was also sharing knowledge that I've accumulated from discussing polygyny with other single women. I've spoken to many other single women about polygyny. Almost none of them were excited or interested in the idea of working outside of the household, muchless while being mothers. Most women open to poly to begin with were very traditional and their definition of traditional did not include working.
Well then let em know NickF over at BibFam thinks it's not ideal to send a wife out to make money for the household. I'm only interested in speaking with a woman who wants to be a stay at home mom, help homeschool the kids, and help me with my businesses at home. That means doing things like growing flowers and trees. Tough life that... pickin flowers.

I discovered this because I actually want to work outside of the household and contribute financially, I love the idea that polygyny offers opportunities for women such as myself to do so and I was discussing this with them.
I can see how it could be useful, but meh, I'd hate to have a wife working outside the home. In my house it would be the last ditch effort to avoid
Basically I was saying don't hold your breath at the thought of women dropping everything for a chance at polygyny, let alone if it requires her to work outside of the household. That's very unappealing to most women.
I for one am not holding my breath for anything. I think marriage is unappealing for a lot of women, let alone something as culturally unacceptable as poly.

Oh no.... we can't have women working outside the home on some dumb forum. That would be the end of the world!
Well naturally it would only be after they've finished working their day jobs, done all the cooking, sewing, tending to children and of course the canning. We wouldn't want anything to interfere with that!

Last edited:
The more I think about it the more bad I feel for the moderators on the forum... Dealing with people debates nonstop... It's a tough life. Do they ever get anything good out of it?
I don't think he was trying to get rid of your comment at all. Why do you think so?
This is going to sound really stupid but honestly I don't know if that was a mistype and was supposed to be weren't. If he really wanted to get rid of my comment wholesale he could have deleted it.

The more I think about it the more bad I feel for the moderators on the forum... Dealing with people debates nonstop... It's a tough life. Do they ever get anything good out of it?
They get to enjoy my sweet company for starters. I'm always nuffin but sunshine and roses isn't that right @FollowingHim and @The Revolting Man ?
This is going to sound really stupid but honestly I don't know if that was a mistype and was supposed to be weren't. If he really wanted to get rid of my comment wholesale he could have deleted it.
Ok, that makes a lot more sense. :)

This is why many women prefer older men who are established. However, that said, I would not consider a woman who was not working and earning. I'm not a homesteader so the planting, and ranching is not on my radar. I do however want a woman who is not seeking a free ride. Even if I were to look in Latin America or Asia the woman must be a professional in a field and her family stable financially so that I am not seen as the family piggybank.

Back