• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why do some women stray and others stay faithful?

Lord have mercy.

My thought on infidelity is that more than likely there is an underlying problem with one or the other spouse (I've even see both spouses have major issues) not being dealt with. I tend to see infedelity as a symptom or result of a larger issue. Just my thought---

Absolutely agreed. Infidelity is a symptom. Which is one of the reasons for my post in the Ladies Only section. We need preventative maintenance from the beginning of our marriages in order to prevent these horrible symptoms from becoming the disease called "Divorce"

"We need preventative maintenance from the beginning of our marriages"

- or sooner -

When my studies of the Bible began to show me that what the church was teaching on marriage, divorce, adultery, etc...didn't match up with the scriptures I began to understand why the statistics of the "Christian" community were worse than those of the heathen community in teen sexual activity, premarital sex, and marital infidelity. I was angry about it because I had seen the damage that had been done to many of my friends and relatives.

As parents we are responsible to teach our children what we know about these things.

I am very hopeful that the ministry portion of this organization will eventually establish churches and the truths can be reinforced to our youth there as well. You know...mom and dad usually don't know what they are talking about until the children are 30 something... : )

In a perfect world the parents would be responsible for this training. But we don't live in a perfect world. I was raised in and of the world and I became worldly. It wasn't until I was more than an adult that I realized the error of my ways. So now, I am encouraging everyone to take an inventory of themselves WHERE THEY ARE RIGHT NOW and purpose in their hearts to do better. Because I could curl up and say "its not my fault, I wasn't raised like that" and cry when bad things happen or I can say "okay, my parents did the best they could with what they had and now it is my turn to do my best."

SweetLissa

Liss,

You go, girl. We have raised a culture of permanent victims, and your purposing to get it right irrespective of the cost is refreshing!

Nope...its FEAR OF YHWH!!! if a woman FEARS YHWH she will return or not stray away. If she fears anything more than YHWH she WILL stray and stay away...count on it!!!

Good word, Rav!

Scarecrow said:
mom and dad usually don't know what they are talking about until the children are 30 something
Yeah, it's amazing how much my parents learned somewhere between my 13th and 30th birthdays!

Ok, so I am at the tail end of this conversation, but now I am confused. I know this is about women straying but you are all talking about how easy it is to get divorced and how the teachings of it are wrong. My husband left me. I took him back and he left me again. I could not bring myself to get a divorce because I promised God because I did things so wrong before hand that I was going to make this one commitment work. I was very loving and faithful to my husband, but I guess I just wasn't good enough for him to stay. I fought long and hard with myself over making the decision to divorce him and now I see so much talk of being taught the wrong thing. I got my answers from the bible. 1 Corinthians chapter 7, specifically verse 15. Please tell me if I have the correct understanding of this verse, because if I don't I am lost and have no clue what to do. I had planned on filing this month, I have seen my husband once in two years, am I to stay married to him?

Hi JSW,

jsw said:
1 Corinthians chapter 7, specifically verse 15. Please tell me if I have the correct understanding of this verse, because if I don't I am lost and have no clue what to do. I had planned on filing this month, I have seen my husband once in two years, am I to stay married to him?

1 Corinthians 7:15 is about divorce between a non-Christian and a Christian with the non-Christian doing the leaving. The emphasis in this and surrounding verses is that a Christian is bound by the promises they have made. God expects us to keep them. A non-Christian, however, is unable to be expected to hold to such promises. We cannot force our moral beliefs upon those who either do not believe the same as we do or do not understand them the way we do.

While married to a non-believer, no matter if it is a successful marriage or an unsuccessful marriage, so long as that non-believing spouse wants to stay with it we must keep our promise and not leave. Through our actions, our perseverance, and hope in God, we just might be able to lead that non-believer to Christ.

If, however, the non-believer wants to leave, not being bound to the same rules as we Christians are, the believing spouse cannot hold them to their promise, and so is free to let them leave.

So, my question to you would be, is your husband a believer? If so, I would hold off on the divorce and pray about it some more. God always has an answer if we're willing to listen.

If he is not, and he wants to divorce you, perhaps it is wise to let him go. I still suggest you pray about it though, it never hurts to be extra sure you're hearing correctly from God. :)

I hope you are given a clear answer that gives you peace.

WomanSeekingGod

John wrote, "If Mom's would praise & honor their husbands with the respect God desires, more men would be able to recognize the different love languages. but God's program works best." I agree 100%. Children learn what they live. If they hear mom talk or say bad things about daddy, they pick up on that. If mom raises her voice in anger toward him, is she not teaching them to do the same? Therefore if she were to speak of him telling them good things, showing them what a good man he is by her actions & attitude, the children will learn that she respects him and they will learn the same.

Fairlight used the term "proper commitment" for both genders in her response. I think perhaps a better phraseology, although I must say her response was correct, would be use of the term "Godly or Biblical commitment." It is not the woman's place to correct the man. It is never the responsibility of the woman to lead the family. This is the exclusive respondibility of the man. The woman's complete and un-ending duty is to strive on a daily basis to be submissive and obedient to her husband at all times and especially so when the children are present. Not a one time thing & we women have it mastered, it is a continuing, Godly commitment that we are to model before the children at all times. Show him the respect, honorand reverencefor his position first of all because he is the man and God gave him this design and assignment. Thank you Lorene for this post.

JSW - Getting a divorce is never easy. My husband not only cheated on me, he also became physically abusive and I still carry the scar. I said I would have chosen to lose him in death rather than a divorce, it would have been less painful. As I understand it, there are only certain Biblical reasons for divorce. I will not even attempt to expound on these, as I do not think it is my place to do so when there are brethern here with Godly wisdom and knowledge to disperse as God leads them to do so. I can feel your pain JSW, and I want you to know that here you have friends, brothers and sisters that you can feel free to ask questions and the brethern here will help clarify your position and prayerfully consider your pain as they gently instruct you as God leads. Your sisters are here to lift you in prayer and we who are older are instructed to teach the younger women. (Titus 2:3-5) We all are standing with you in your time of need & despair. Group (((HUG))) everyone.

withfresheyes said:
Fairlight used the term "proper commitment" for both genders in her response. I think perhaps a better phraseology, although I must say her response was correct

I would love to take the credit for that statement but I believe "Poly Doc" made that comment. :)

Blessings,
Fairlight

Back