• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why do some women stray and others stay faithful?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.. where is one of sir bumbleberrys lollipops right now , i sure could use one.

OK, I have to admit it. This thread made me change my avatar! Arggghhhh

Wow...and it took you only a minute to prove my point...

A-Hem... Back on target, hunh?

Sir BumbleBerry the Profound says, "If Solomon couldn't figure women out, with a statistical population of 1,100 to choose from (700 wives and 400 concubines :eek: ), do NOT expect CecilW to figure it out for ya with 2, and be skeptical of anyone who claims they have. Just love 'em and keep 'em!"

Dunno what to add to that.

But he did add that daPastor's got the cutest rear elevation avatar so far. I'm not 'posed to tell, but I am.

Now, golly, you have done did it. Your little Gnome seems to be trying to show off.

Back on Topic...

Why do some men stray and others stay faithful. Biblical Marriage aside, men can still be faithless.

SweetLissa

Scarecrow said:
I guess there is little hope for a topic once people decide it is more important to leave worthless comments all over the place than participate in a discussion about the topic... ::sigh::

Naaaaawww! Scarecrow, my dear man, we just underSTAND that it is important to get in our 300 laughs per day!

You care about your Eve AND your Jill, right? We care about the serious topics AND plenty of good fun. "And", not "Or".

Hop right in. The humor's fine!

I still think your Gnome is trying to show off his...

amazing

I tried to get back on topic, Butt it just wasn't possible.

Steve, play with us. Find an avatar to use and dive in.

SweetLissa

What do women want in a relationship?

Make her laugh. Be her best friend. . Make her feel loved and cherished. She should know that you still think her the most beautiful woman in the world, that you find her as sexy now as the day you first laid eyes on her. If you make her feel good about herself, she'll never want to leave you.

Really listen to what she has to say. You don't have to agree with her...god knows nobody wants a lapdog...but listen.
Giving her the freedom to be herself, (to write and express herself the way she wants to without dictating the way it needs to be said.)

And when a woman does not feel like she is the most important thing in the world to her hubby, or if she doesn't feel like she is loved, there is a big temptation to go find it elsewhere.

Humor and more humor to getcha through the tough times.

sweetlissa said:
Why do some men stray and others stay faithful. Biblical Marriage aside, men can still be faithless.

Dunno. Can't figure MEN out either. Sir BumbleBerry seems to have, but some folks don't wanna hear his Ancient Amazing Wisdom (Aaw!)

Wish there WERE good answers to these questions. There's a sorta famous statement, I think it is in 7 Habits of Highly Successful Families, to the effect that healthy families tend to look pretty much the same, but messed up families come in ALL shapes and sizes.

I wonder if that same idea may apply to individual men and women. Those who do have it together and practice fidelity have lots in common, traits which might be identifiable, while those who are messed up have a bazillion ways of being so.

CecilW said:
Those who do have it together and practice fidelity have lots in common, traits which might be identifiable, while those who are messed up have a bazillion ways of being so.
to state it another way,
the reasons for not messing up are simple and common.
the reasons for messing up are as varied as the enemy can make them, and he has had 6,000 yrs to practice his "art".

tigerlilyrose4u said:
What do women want in a relationship?

Make her laugh. Be her best friend. . Make her feel loved and cherished. She should know that you still think her the most beautiful woman in the world, that you find her as sexy now as the day you first laid eyes on her. If you make her feel good about herself, she'll never want to leave you.

Really listen to what she has to say. You don't have to agree with her...god knows nobody wants a lapdog...but listen.
Giving her the freedom to be herself, (to write and express herself the way she wants to without dictating the way it needs to be said.)

And when a woman does not feel like she is the most important thing in the world to her hubby, or if she doesn't feel like she is loved, there is a big temptation to go find it elsewhere.

Humor and more humor to getcha through the tough times.
pretty much what a guy wants also :D

Well apologies for mentioning the avatar change. Being a bit of a shirt and tie man myself, I liked it.

So to at least attempt to atone for my crime, back to the original topic:

The book reviewer is a bit misleading to say "it is just as often sex as spending time with their spouse" given that the report showed only 7% of women cited sexual dissatisfaction alone led them into the arms of another.

The categories of the study are rather broad - causes of infidelity being either a. emotional and sexual dissatisfaction (44%), emotional dissatisfaction (26%) or sexual dissatisfaction (7%), and other (23%).

I would be hard-pressed to draw any conclusions from those results.

Apart from, if you are mean to your spouse and messing up the sex at the same time, your relationship is in deep trouble.

ylop the penitent

Just given the original subject question some more thought:

Why stray or not? Some possibilities could be:

1. The example their parents set.
2. Personality traits - loyalty, honour, patience, forgiveness.
3. Children or lack of.
4. Sexual conduct prior to marriage.

ylop

I just learned about a term I had not heard before.

"Japayuki"

A friend of mine in the Philippines was telling me about it. Apparently there are girls in the Philippines (and likely elsewhere) that seek out financially well off individuals in other countries and marry them while still maintaining their boyfriend back home. These boyfriends usually live off what money the girl can send them...basically bums. The one I was told about married an older Japanese man and had a baby with him. While waiting back home for him to do her paperwork to stay in Japan she got pregnant by her boyfriend. She delayed the situation long enough to have the baby. After moving to Japan she told her husband that her sister had the baby but that she wanted him to adopt it so they could provide for it and take care of it. They are now in the adoption process. This guy has no idea that he is supporting her boyfriend, and adopting his baby.

The most recent news is that she is actually feeling a little guilty because now she is in love and sleeping with a Chinese man that works in Japan without her husband knowing anything about that as well.

So...it appears that greed, lust, and a number of other factors may be involved with this one...

Back