• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why practice polygyny

rms said:
Love your point of view. I am having a hang up to the idea it is a more Holy form of Marriage, than that of a mono one. If it was more Holy. Why did God say in order to be an elder in the church you must have only one wife. As more replies to original post comes in. I will explain my ideas.

A proper rendering from the Greek would not be a maximum of one wife, but a minimum of one wife to be a Bishop or Elder. It might be interesting for you to read what Saint Augustine wrote on the matter.

Pastor Gem said:
It might be interesting for you to read what Saint Augustine wrote on the matter.
To what writing in particular do you refer, PastorGem? Can / would you please post he quote(s) with references?

Wow I started this thread. Man time flies. That was my first screen name. Its had over 1k views. I remember that like it was yesterday. I've grown so much since then. Cecil w that wasn't long before you named my other personalities Sir Bubba and Lord Pontifical. Remember when they used to ask if Sir Ivan could come out and play? Those were some fun times. Lol I have to hold the phone just right so Sir Bubba doesn't see who i'm replying to. He would come over here with is bad breath and beg me to ask you if Ivan can come out and play. I'm way too tired for that. Maybe another time.

Don't forget Lissa's Wandering Mind. Fun times.

So glad you're back, Sir Bubba.

Sir BumbleBerry de LightHearted

I forgot about Sir Bumbleberry. These memories bring tears to my eyes. I wish we could find the post I was lamenting my wives flustration with me continuing to use none words such as flustrating. I pointed out it was a combination of frustrated and flustered. You made this hilarious post using the word in a story about a roster and his hens. It may have been under my screen name 3rsfor1. Can the moderators or Nathen help with finding this?

Cecil you correctly pointed out that if communication is talking place then its a word. Lol

That WAS a funny post. Wonder what happened to it. Nathan?

And why can't I write like that anymore? Oh! I know. I don't get seriously goofy high on Dr Pepper any more. :cry:

What was that about Lissa's wandering mind? It still does that on occassion.

SweetLissa

Back