• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Women, some hard truth... (blog post)

PeteR

Staff member
Real Person
Male
Here's a firebomb inducing blog post that was burning in me at 3 a.m. this morning... Would love your feedback both here and on the blog...

That thing is so hot that I almost had to stick my phone in a bucket of water.

Good stuff!

Even those of us who want to be good wives can muck it up at times.

That is a good list of truth to keep in mind.

P.S. Shared on the evil f b place too. That message needs to be heard.

Last edited:
@PeteR great article but I have something that I would like to point out and please correct me if I am wrong.

In your article, you mentioned, "If you are divorced and you see in yourself the problems revealed in the early parts of this article, repent and then go back to your husband, especially if you initiated the divorce." Now the below verses say otherwise..

(Deu 24:1) When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
(Deu 24:2) And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.
(Deu 24:3) And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;
(Deu 24:4) Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Now I know this particular passage is talking about a MAN who puts his woman away and I know there are no passages that give the woman the right to divorce their husband, but I know of some women who have done that and who have laid with other men. So technically she is defiled as verse 4 says, so with my understanding, she can't go back to her former husband. I do agree with you, they do need a covering, what say you??

Good stuff!

Even those of us who want to be good wives can muck it up at times.

That is a good list of truth to keep in mind.

P.S. Shared on the evil f b place too. That message needs to be heard.
You know that is not a bad idea, I think I will share it as well.

@PeteR great article but I have something that I would like to point out and please correct me if I am wrong.

In your article, you mentioned, "If you are divorced and you see in yourself the problems revealed in the early parts of this article, repent and then go back to your husband, especially if you initiated the divorce." Now the below verses say otherwise..

(Deu 24:1) When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
(Deu 24:2) And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife.
(Deu 24:3) And if the latter husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;
(Deu 24:4) Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before the LORD: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Now I know this particular passage is talking about a MAN who puts his woman away and I know there are no passages that give the woman the right to divorce their husband, but I know of some women who have done that and who have laid with other men. So technically she is defiled as verse 4 says, so with my understanding, she can't go back to her former husband. I do agree with you, they do need a covering, what say you??
You are correct if she has lain with another. I was writing with the thought that she had not and the further assumption that he would not take her back, but at least the air could be cleared... I guess the particulars could get sticky and full explanation detracts from the larger message. I pray IF anyone actually has the spine to follow that, that they'll seek wisdom.

"And, to address somethng I heard the other day, your husband does not have the authority to ‘authorize’ you to teach men." I've never seen this level of Biblical gymnastics before, pretending to be the leader by "authorizing" her to teach men...I have the feeling a woman told her husband to do that. AUTHORIZE ME!!!1!1 Also, "something" is spelled wrong in your article, otherwise good stuff sir.

I am inclined to believe it is about making husbands think twice and make their yes yes and no no in regards to the relationship. If the woman leaves and wishes to repent that prohibition would not technically apply. I have a relative who left her hubby many years ago and did that kind of dumb. Her husband took her back and they have been faithful for all these years since 1980 or so...have 7 more children too.
For whatever it's worth.

Some of this may fall into not falling into the trap of making the perfect the enemy of the good.

Kristin (my wife) actually read your article, @PeteR, and reports that she likes what you wrote and appreciated your pithy writing style!

The key is who did the divorcing. PeteR said if the woman divorced her husband. In that instance I’m not sure that it matters who she whored with. The prohibition is against the husband divorcing and then taking her back after she has married again. Think David and Michal. David didn’t divorce her, she was taken and given to another. David went and took her back and God didn’t seem to have an issue with him doing so. Also, God, in an analogy takes back his wives who metaphorically slept around.

The key is who did the divorcing. PeteR said if the woman divorced her husband. In that instance I’m not sure that it matters who she whored with. The prohibition is against the husband divorcing and then taking her back after she has married again. Think David and Michal. David didn’t divorce her, she was taken and given to another. David went and took her back and God didn’t seem to have an issue with him doing so. Also, God, in an analogy takes back his wives who metaphorically slept around.
But it is important to note the husband is not required to take her back after whoring around. She is an adultress at that point. It's his choice.

I am inclined to believe it is about making husbands think twice and make their yes yes and no no in regards to the relationship. If the woman leaves and wishes to repent that prohibition would not technically apply. I have a relative who left her hubby many years ago and did that kind of dumb. Her husband took her back and they have been faithful for all these years since 1980 or so...have 7 more children too.
For whatever it's worth.
You are correct Jolene. In William Luck Sr.'s Divorce and Remarriage, he points out that the Deuteronomy 24 passage is to protect the woman from an evil husband who would divorce her for any reason with the option of getting her again later according to his whim. The first husband is the responsible party in this case by casting her out of his house into the arms of another man.

This doesn't really apply to a woman leaving her husband. In which case as long as she is chaste, she would still be his wife but rather "put away". If she sleeps with another man then she has violated the covenant, and the husband has grounds to divorce her but has the option to forgive if she repents and continue the marriage. As you pointed out this can work as well.

Back