• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Women, some hard truth... (blog post)

And her lover šŸ˜‰

But seriously it is an interesting topic that while the right didn't change, the practice did change how an adulterous woman was dealt with from old to new testaments. Don't want to hijack the thread though.

How did the practice change, did Yah remove His penalty?

Around the time of Christ I believe, the Romans did not punish adultery with death and as Israel was governed by the laws of Rome, their practice followed suit in most cases.

Calm down Steve šŸ˜‰ I ain't pickin no fights with you or the Good Book.

A joke here that just wouldn't be funny in real life.

Because obviously the wife in the joke did not know how to do her job....I thought to share it here.

I hope Pete is not offended.

Here's a firebomb inducing blog post that was burning in me at 3 a.m. this morning... Would love your feedback both here and on the blog...

Great read. You and I are on the same page. I'm also speaking out on this subject on my blog and Youtube without a filter. It has become ridiculous how out of order men are becoming with women ruling them. The Will Smith incident also shined a light on the low status of men today who are failing in ruling their households with women ruling over them.

How did the practice change, did Yah remove His penalty?

I know the words in the Old Testament would blame God for laying curses and punishments on us. But as I see it God sent Jesus to pay for our sins and Jesus ended the possibility of most curses from God.

I say this because all too often we cause our own problems and we do this when we go against God.

Like my parents chose to get into drugs. And a loving God did nothing to curse them. Instead He gave them several opportunities to be saved and they chose their drugs.

They lost their careers, they lost their house, they lost their son, and then they lost their lives.

They brought down the curse upon themselves and it was a curse of their own creation and of their own choosing.

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Deuteronomy 5:9

And I am doing the very best I can to make sure that the curse my parents called down on themselves ends with me and that it doesn't carry over to my children.

I know the words in the Old Testament would blame God for laying curses and punishments on us. But as I see it God sent Jesus to pay for our sins and Jesus ended the possibility of most curses from God.

I say this because all too often we cause our own problems and we do this when we go against God.

Like my parents chose to get into drugs. And a loving God did nothing to curse them. Instead He gave them several opportunities to be saved and they chose their drugs.

They lost their careers, they lost their house, they lost their son, and then they lost their lives.

They brought down the curse upon themselves and it was a curse of their own creation and of their own choosing.

And I am doing the very best I can to make sure that the curse my parents called down on themselves ends with me and that it doesn't carry over to my children.
I will just say that there is a difference between a curse and a penalty that Yah requires man to administer.

Great read. You and I are on the same page. I'm also speaking out on this subject on my blog and Youtube without a filter. It has become ridiculous how out of order men are becoming with women ruling them. The Will Smith incident also shined a light on the low status of men today who are failing in ruling their households with women ruling over them.
Cool, @Raw Truth What are your links? YT and blog?

@Raw Truth Shalom, achi. I'll drop you a note.

"If your husband allows or directs you to work outside of the home, then that is his choice. It is not your choice. Remember, you belong to him and are to help him in his mission and calling. If that mean keeping the home and teaching his children, then there is no higher job or calling.

Even the Proverbs 31 woman, a successful business woman in her own right, is operating under the authority of her husband and is bringing her talents and resources to bear for the good of his name/reputation and his house. Your first responsibility is bearing children and making his house into a home. According to his wisdom and guidance, seek to utilize your skills and abilities from the home to add income and assets without neglecting your most important duties of child rearing."

@PeteR, I am curious what you think fathers and mothers should be telling their teenage daughters regarding education for a certain job/field that they find interesting? Are all job interests to be considered a temporary means of support until marriage? Of course, with the possible extension of them if the husband agrees to it? I understand that many wives try and work out of the home or work once children are more grown for various reasons but I am thinking more of young girls who are learning about the different gifts they possess, interests that their personality leans towards and how they can use those things in life before marriage, and possibly after marriage.

I'm not @PeteR, so this probably comes from a different perspective, but I'm of two minds when it comes to education.

On the one hand, I believe 90% of people who go to college shouldn't waste their time. The only ones who have really benefited from so many people going to college are corporations that can now expect degrees from their employees when no degree is really necessary -- or the corporation thus doesn't have to pay for the training necessary to conduct the job. The corporation solely benefits from the product, but the employees are expected to make the up-front investment. Great deal for them, but definitely not for the students -- and especially not for the parents if they're paying for it, because almost all universities dedicate their student affairs staff and classrooms to turning your children away from how you've raised them. This is true even at the vast majority of so-called church schools. Wokeness is everywhere.

On the other hand, I certainly have nothing against people being educated, but back when things still made sense, most females in college were readily willing to acknowledge that they were there to get their Mrs degrees. If they found a good leader to hitch their sails to, then the degree was profitable, but if the woman goes out into the workforce unmarried and has to simultaneously work and seek a husband, ultimately most either (a) if married, discover that their degree was of little value to their ultimate husbands, or (b) live a long lonely life without marriage and/or enter into relationships in which they're taken advantage of.

So with my daughters I've become increasingly oriented toward emphasizing to them that, given their desire to ultimately be stay-at-home mothers of multiple children, any college career they acquire will be unlikely to produce enough of a long-term financial reward to justify the money, the time, the energy and the loss of getting on with life -- maybe even the loss of full fertility -- they invested into getting a degree. So I provide sobering advice that, while they may be exceptions to the rule (and everybody wants to think they'll be the exceptions), for the vast majority of women, the end results fall into four categories:
  1. Get the degree, get married, eventually stop working and have a couple children at most.
  2. Get the degree and never get married but maybe be an aunt to one's sibling's children.
  3. Avoid the degree, go to work but insist on being fully independent and never get married.
  4. Avoid the degree, working until marriage and then having a less glamorous lifestyle but be able to have a few children.
Options 2 and 3 are the outcomes obtained by most feminists, and they include dying alone, perhaps surrounded by dogs, cats or other independent, unmarried dog ladies and cat ladies.

My advice for those females who go to college is to first determine what kind of man they most desire to follow, then pick a major that would give her the skills and/or the employment opportunities that would most benefit the vision of such a husband leader, and avoid doing the temporary-slut thing in college. See the future, and live into it.

Thanks for replying @Keith Martin. I should have posted my comment to all fathers instead of Pete only. I definitely wanted others thoughts. I agree for the most part about the uselessness of college. I think it really depends on the skill or career you are desiring to have that makes it worthwhile, and I am assuming only for males to consider if I understand Pete's desire for all women clearly. Thus the questions.

Thanks for replying @Keith Martin. I should have posted my comment to all fathers instead of Pete only. I definitely wanted others thoughts. I agree for the most part about the uselessness of college. I think it really depends on the skill or career you are desiring to have that makes it worthwhile, and I am assuming only for males to consider if I understand Pete's desire for all women clearly. Thus the questions.
Well since you asked m'am....

I think being a college educated woman who has some career goals can work better in a polygynous marriage rather than monogamous.

All if this being subject to the decision of the husband of course, but if my understanding is correct, I envision more time being available to all wives to bear children, do housework, work from home, run a small business, work outside the home than a lone wife in a monogamous marriage that has to pick either staying at home with the kids and not pursue career, or choose work to the detriment of housework and raising children.

I.e. with a number of wives there can be turn taking and a multiplicity of internal relational support structures within a polygynous marriage that could in theory allow women to have their cake and eat it too being mothers and career women.

Speaking personally, I failed to raise my children with an eye towards the future. The ā€œChristianā€ society that I raised them in was primarily a copy of the secular society that I attempted to shelter them from.
I raised them to look out for themselves and take care of themselves.
As a result, I have no lineage past themselves.

It is awfully easy to follow the path that everyone else is following, especially if you donā€™t see anything evil about it.
But a focus on what oneā€™s own likes and desires are can be very narcissistic. If we only give them a vision for their future that focuses on career first and a family if and when it happens, we have raised self centered adults.
Been there, done that.

So how do we raise children to value family and future generations? Honestly, I know more about how not to do it than how to do it. But helping them to understand the priorities has to be a start. A focus on future generations was always inherent in the culture, but it isnā€™t anymore.

I am curious what you think fathers and mothers should be telling their teenage daughters regarding education for a certain job/field that they find interesting?
I would ask myself, 'what would Yah tell the daughter?'

I don't presume to put words in His mouth, but I think He'd remind her of her purpose and reason for being according to Creation: Helpmeet and multiplier. Therefore,

1. first order of business is preparing the daughter to be wife and mother. This is her highest calling.

2. As with the Proverbs 31 woman, 'helpmeet' includes buying and selling property, dealing w merchants, etc... her husband must have seen in her skills and talents that he developed and/or capitalized on for the good of the family.

3. Skills, knowledge, talents that are above and beyond her root calliing can be developed and directed by her father (and mother) but he has the responsibility to find, or help find, a suitable husband for the daughter that can properly shepherd the abilities so that they do not undermine the man or the long term direction of his family....

@Keith Martin and @Farmer Moses make some good points. An especially gifted young woman may best fit in a plural family where others can help her cover her basic purpose re children, keeper of home, etc.. I like what I've seen/learned from several large families that understand poly as economic warfare... a further consideration, how much student loan debt will she accrue and how will that impact her life, husband's life, etc.. is it worth it?

Thank you for your response @PeteR, I agree with what you have stated but find that it can be a fine line between helping a daughter to develop her gifts to use in life and marriage, and controlling which gifts are developed due to the fathers own value of them as they pertain to his perception of her life. I have seen several father daughter relationships be severely damaged because of this.

An especially gifted young woman may best fit in a plural family where others can help her cover her basic purpose re children, keeper of home, etc..
I totally agree that plural marriage can be a great life to women in this regard. Lets face it, some women are not natural "mothers' or good home school teachers, for various reasons, but they most likely have other skills and abilities that can help the family logistically or economically. Of course, all the wives would need to understand this and be willing to step up in different ways.

Another question for you fathers, would you encourage your daughter to become a Doctor? Scientist?

Back