• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Women's Retreat

julieb

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
On the Ladie's chat this week an idea regarding a women's only retreat came up. I am curious to know how many ladies would be interested in attending a ladies only retreat? We could have it some place in the center of the country.

If you would be interested, ladies only of course, please reply to this or send me a PM. I am open to any location suggestions also.

With hope for the future,
Julieb

That would be SO FUN!!! Missouri is affordable to fly to and is in the middle of the U.S. I would love to go, but would definitely need some time to prepare/plan in order to afford it.

I would love this idea. Not sure if I could do it financially, but would love to be able to.

SweetLissa

Julie,

I would absolutely love to do this!!!!! I think we would have great fun and it would be a wonderful get away.

The normal retreats simply do not have enough break-out time to discuss, study and encourage each other. This would be a wonderful idea so that ladies could fellowship together and learn to become women who worship and love the Word and a time for the "older women (of the faith) to teach the younger women" as we are instructed to do in Titus 2.

This is a wonderful idea and I'd love to do it if the timing and all other things worked together.

Look forward to seeing more on this topic!!!

CB

My husband said I could go to a retreat as long as it isn't too far away, expensive, and long. I guess that is a green light. I have a Bible study on Titus 2 that I could bring along. Could we book shared rooms to save on expense?

Thanks for all the great comments. I was thinking we would have the retreat be like the others just three days, essentially. I figured Dad's could hold down the fort for that long. :) I hadn't yet thought about room situations but yes, Lutherangirl sharing rooms is a great idea. If you didn't want to share then you have to be prepared to pay more that's all.

I am thinking this Fall or next Spring to try this. What do you think? Time to reserve a good place and time to save money and make arrangements.

Julieb

Julie and ladies,
I think it would be a great idea to have a Ladies Retreat. Either time is good for me but it would be better for me when The Chaplain was at work. He is gone so much already so I like to spend as much time with him as I can. Anything between November to early January is not a good time for me. Lets kick some ideas around and see what we can come up with. I also think sharing rooms is a great idea. Thanks for the idea.
Hugs to all,
Chaplains Rose

Sounds WONDERFUL! It would be great to be in the presence of like-minded women praising, encouraging and praying! Count me in! Fall or Spring sounds good! The sooner the plans are concrete, the better! Must tell hubby NOW!

You KNOW I'm all IN!! Already told the hubby I'd really love to go and he said sure!

Sharing rooms it great and I even know of a couple of places that have cabins and a common meeting hall/kitchen and dinning area. They are both in southern Oklahoma however they are both fairly cheap cost wise and they are both Christian oriented.

I'd even be willing to carpool with some ladies from Northeast OK or other places if they wanna meet in Tulsa or someplace close.

I think it is a great idea. There are several of us ladies in the GA/SC/NC/TN area that could ride together and share expenses.

I think it's a great idea, but my vote is for sooner rather than later! Looking forward to more brainstorming at the next Ladies Chat!

I love this idea!!! Sharing expenses/rooms is a good idea. Having worship time together and just getting to fellowship sounds wonderful. I am open to any location. I will be watching this thread VERY closely! :D I look forward to this and hope it will be soon.

The Springfield/Branson area can be very cheap to fly into. Hint hint!

It's just a coincidence that it's close to where we live!

Katie

I vote yes for a womens retreat, and if it's in Missouri I'll definitely be there!

There is a beautiful place in OK that I met with Welltan and his wife and another couple from Kansas. It was a cabin in the woods (very nicely appointed cabin) and it could be a lot of fun because there is a hot tub and a kitchen so we can share meal prep duties. The management company was Broken Bow Cabin Lodging and the website is www.brokenbowcabinlodging.com. Check it out.

SweetLissa

Back