• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Women's Retreat

Liss,

Do you know how many people it would hold?

There are a number of cabins with different sizes. If you go to the website you can see all the choices.

The one we stayed in had capacity of 9 people but some of that was queen and king sized beds, so might not hold as many.

Check it out.

SweetLissa

Lissa,
That place is very nice but a little too expensive plus all of the cabins are set up with only a few bedrooms so unless most of us were to share a bed then it would not work. :( I do hope we can find a place just as nice but with better accommodations and prices.
Anyone have other location ideas? I will look for places online and make some suggestions too so if you have a area central to most to suggest let me know.
Hugs Lissa and everyone, I hope to visit with you soon.

I would LOVE a ladies retreat! As long as it isn't TOO far away, I would most certainly try to make it...I am sure I could line up childcare if the hubby has work:)

shannon

This is an awesome idea. We have a camp near Dallas like this. I attempted to get information and they were full of questions about what kind of religious group we were, so we never went any further. Do you think that would be a problem at PSCC? This would be a great facility if we can do it?

SweetLissa

I don't know if anyone else would think this is a good idea, but have ya'll ever thought of a State Park? There are always things to do and I know lots of them here in Texas have nice cabins and big lodges(most of them do). There are quite a few with bunk houses with fully equipped kitchens ect. The hubby and I have a yearly park pass where we get discounts on camping and lower rates for hall rentals. Just a thought:) I WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO GO!!!

Shannon

State Parks are usually really good. It depends on the State actually. I am usually the one who finds our retreat places so I have looked into a lot of State Parks. I don't know if we will go that route with food prepared for us or do the hotel route with near by food choices. I want to use every moment we have to fellowship so I don't want anyone to have to cook if possible.

I hope you will get to come too, Shannon!

Greetings Ladies,

I wanted to post an update regarding the Women's Retreat. We are going to have it sometime in the middle of October! It will most likely be in Missouri. I am still working on the details but wanted to let you all know so you can start planning. I hope everyone will at least pray about coming. We would love to have every single lady on this forum come if possible!

I believe the theme for this retreat will be FREEDOM. It is time for us to be free from the lies that the World and Satan have told us. There will be lots of fellowship, teaching and sharing about the things that hold us back from being the women of God that we all desire to be.

IMPORTANT! I do want to say that if the choice is between coming with family to the Annual July Retreat please come then. It is so valuable to come as a family to a retreat. I would not wish for anyone to miss out on that!

I am looking forward to seeing you ladies this July, October or both.

With hope for the future,
Julieb

Hey everyone, I work for Basswood Resort in Platte City, Mo. We have everything you could possibly want. We have a Basswood Lodge that can sleep 22women. It is 379/night and possibly a 25% employee discount.
Also we have cabins from sleepers at 54/night to : We have a House divided
into 4 suites and 7 bdrooms all together. Total women 34 women.
Go to basswoodresort.com and ask for Dede. It is an option
Where ever it is I will be there. dede

Thanks for the info Dede! I will look into it and contact you with any questions.

I don't know many of you but I hope to, and I think this would be a great opportunity. October is wonderful and I'm in Nebraska, so Missouri works out pretty well. Hope I can work it out :)

Hubby found a wonderful lake near Mt. Vernon MO. He couldn't remember the name but Welltan would probably know it. He said there is every possible kind of lodging and activity there to look at.

SweetLissa

Thanks Lissa! I will be focusing on finding a place more after the July Reteat. I will definitely check this place out though.

I won't be able to make the July retreat as circumstances have changed at our house with some of my family having had to come live with us temporarily and hubby having to change jobs. However I will make it to the women's retreat! I am so excited and hope all my lovely BF friends can come so we can finally meet face to face!

Much love in Chirst,

Aw, bummer, Gidge! I was so looking forward to seeing you. I will try not to be too boo-wah and be even more excited about the Women's Retreat.
Have fun storming the castle, girl. ;)

I'm in, as long as a specific date is announced with plenty of time for me to get off of work..I work every Sat and Sun nights but can usually get off if I have at least 6-8 weeks notice to arrange it. Would LOVE to see all of you!!
:) Kacy

To who ever is seeing about the ladies retreat, I need as well as Chaplains Rose needs information on this retreat PDQ and ASAP in order to arrange time off for her, get her travel plans and flight time out of here or Baton Rouge or if she has to drive to Houston or New Orleans, arrange a rental car to be waiting as well as to give "J" this information as well for there may be a slim chance that she may go ( which would be an answer to much prayer ). So PLEASE, PLEASE post when , where and the dates for Chaplain Rose has talked to some other ladies wishing to go and they are in the same boat as she is in needing to know details PDQ and ASAP!!!!!

THANKS for ALL y'all do

I would really be interested in a womens retreat. I'm a single woman who is very interested in the idea of plural marriage. I feel like I would be more comfortable asking about it and learning about it in an environment with other women. That is if yall would be okay with a newbie joining y'all. I live in East Texas not too far from shrevport lousiana.

Back