• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

" Words of Thought "

Chaplain

Real Person
Hello one and all.
If you have read my profile, you will see that I am a State and Local Chaplain in a National Hertiage / Veterans group and a Chaplain for a Civil War re-enactment Unit. I send out to my groups what I have called " Words of Thought". It consist of either my own thoughts or that taken from various Bible studies that I have. It always has some scripture to go along with either one and is offered as a means of uplifting, prayer time or just general Bible reading. It is not ment as a means of attacking or debate. I will be posting this every other week ( for I work offshore in the Gulf and am gone from home a week at a time ) and hope that one and all will receive some kind of blessing from it.

Here is my first of what I hope are several " Words of Thought".

Have you ever heard someone say to you “ Trust Me “ and we try to trust him or her, but in the end it comes back and bites us. Don’t you just hate that? There are lots of people, and yep I am one, that wishes to be able to trust everyone else. I would like to believe that when someone tells me something, that it is true and not a half-truth. When I tell some one to trust me then I expect them to, don’t you? The wife and I were talking this morning about a situation and I told her that I would do what was appropriate during that situation or event. By me say that, I expect her to trust me and put that situation or event from her mind and not ever worry about it or question me about it, just as I need to trust her in another situation or event that her and I discussed about her. As her husband, I need to trust her in her decisions and actions. Trust is something someone earns. A good way of earning trust is to show and give that trust in return. Trust involves words, deeds and actions, but also includes faith. Faith in what the person says; Faith in there actions and deeds; Faith that they will be upright with you……….There is one that we can always place our Faith in; Faith in their actions, words and deeds thereby placing our Trust in them……that one is our Lord Jehovah-Shalom; the Lord Jehovah-Jireh; the Lord Jehovah-Rohi; He is our Lord El-Shaddai.

Below are just a few Words from the Lord about putting all our trust in Him.

“And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.” Psalm 9:10 NKJV

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8 NKJV

“Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.” Psalm 32:10 NKJV

“My son, do not forget my law, But let your heart keep my commands; For length of days and long life And peace they will add to you. Let not mercy and truth forsake you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your hear, And so find favor and high esteem In the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.”

Proverbs 3:1-7

May these “ Words of Thought “ be a blessing unto you.

Thank you Chaplain,

Welcome!

Chaplain said:
Here is my first of what I hope are several " Words of Thought".

Have you ever heard someone say to you “ Trust Me “ and we try to trust him or her, but in the end it comes back and bites us. Don’t you just hate that? There are lots of people, and yep I am one, that wishes to be able to trust everyone else. I would like to believe that when someone tells me something, that it is true and not a half-truth. When I tell some one to trust me then I expect them to, don’t you? The wife and I were talking this morning about a situation and I told her that I would do what was appropriate during that situation or event. By me say that, I expect her to trust me and put that situation or event from her mind and not ever worry about it or question me about it, just as I need to trust her in another situation or event that her and I discussed about her. As her husband, I need to trust her in her decisions and actions. Trust is something someone earns. A good way of earning trust is to show and give that trust in return. Trust involves words, deeds and actions, but also includes faith. Faith in what the person says; Faith in there actions and deeds; Faith that they will be upright with you……….There is one that we can always place our Faith in; Faith in their actions, words and deeds thereby placing our Trust in them……that one is our Lord Jehovah-Shalom; the Lord Jehovah-Jireh; the Lord Jehovah-Rohi; He is our Lord El-Shaddai.

Below are just a few Words from the Lord about putting all our trust in Him.

“And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.” Psalm 9:10 NKJV

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8 NKJV

“Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; But he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him.” Psalm 32:10 NKJV

“My son, do not forget my law, But let your heart keep my commands; For length of days and long life And peace they will add to you. Let not mercy and truth forsake you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your hear, And so find favor and high esteem In the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil.”

Proverbs 3:1-7

May these “ Words of Thought “ be a blessing unto you.

Chaplain said:
Hello one and all.
If you have read my profile, you will see that I am a State and Local Chaplain in a National Hertiage / Veterans group and a Chaplain for a Civil War re-enactment Unit. I send out to my groups what I have called " Words of Thought". It consist of either my own thoughts or that taken from various Bible studies that I have. It always has some scripture to go along with either one and is offered as a means of uplifting, prayer time or just general Bible reading. It is not ment as a means of attacking or debate. I will be posting this every other week ( for I work offshore in the Gulf and am gone from home a week at a time ) and hope that one and all will receive some kind of blessing from it.

This sounds like a lot fun. Perhaps you could share more. Many do not realize that Chaplains of the Civil War carried weapons (on both sides). It is only a recent development of the military to have Chaplains not carry weapons.

Hello once again my Friends.
Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May they be a Blessing unto you.

Have you ever taken the time to look back over your life; Too look back and remember all of the good and yes, all of the bad. Have you ever stopped to think that things happened for a reason? Oh, I know (and believe me I do know) we do not wish to think the all of the bad stuff from our past that we went through, had done to use or we were a part of, was done or happened for a reason. We do not like to think or contemplate on the bad things of our past. We like to remember all the good stuff; the stuff that made us happy. As in anything, looking back over my own life, there are things that I would like to change, just as I am sure that you would like to change in your own life. We can look back and say, “ Man, I sure wish I could go back and change that or do something different”. But we must remember that we cannot change our past. We cannot go back and undo what has been done. We must remember it, both good and bad, so that we can see where we made the right choices and where we really screwed up. We must remember the past so that we do not repeat that which was bad. We must look forward to those events, items, person / persons and actions that we can interject into our lives that can help heal those still open wounds, hurt feelings, broken and damaged heart. We need to use those items listed to help add strength to our life and our relationship with others so that we can go forth into the world and be the best person that we can be. There is, for sure, one thing that can help in ALL matters and that is having a personal relationship with our “Kurios Soter” ( NT Greek for Lord Savior) Y’shua ( Hebrew for Jesus ). Having a personal relationship with Jesus will not stop us from going through bad times, but you will not be or feel alone anymore. There will always be someone there to guide you, help you for all you would need to do is just ask for it.

Below are a few scriptures dealing with this.

“Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.” Psalm 55:22 NKJV

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 NKJV

“For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.” Romans 12:3-5 NKJV

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33 NKJV

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Until next time…. Shalom

DaPastor wrote:
This sounds like a lot fun. Perhaps you could share more. Many do not realize that Chaplains of the Civil War carried weapons (on both sides). It is only a recent development of the military to have Chaplains not carry weapons.

DaPastor.
This is true thought for the Union army, most Chaplains did not carry weapons that I am aware of. They were asigned or became part of Units at the request of the Commanders. For the Confederate Army, there were at first, a mass influx of various pastors offering to serve as Chaplains to the Army, but after a few battles under there wings, most left to return to their home churches. So the duties of a Chaplains fell to those pastors willing to stick it out and serve the Lord by ministering to the soldiers. These men we paid very little but stayed with the officers and ministered to the soldiers usually before the battles, and would try and minister to those wounded soldiers who made it to the rear. Most of the Confederate Chaplains were the every day soldier. He was chosen from among his fellow " mess mates " or "Company" and were usuall those men who were Deacons, pastors or just lay men who were held in high regard for their faith. They would hold services as often as time would allow, minister to those wounded on the field of battle and would stand in line of battle with all of those they served with. Hope this was of some help.

Have you ever strived to achieve something so much…..ever work so hard toward a goal………put a ton of effort into something………..studied so hard about something……spend lots of time researching something……….spent hours of prayer over or about something………….and you can see just down the road the “ prize “ that you have worked so hard to accrue…….you see the path that you feel that you must travel on and you have your sights set upon the “ prize “ that you are trying to get to……….you are so intently looking at or toward the “ prize “ that for a brief moment, something out the corner of your eye flashes by…..that you stumble for just a second when the next thing you know you are lying flat on your back looking up….you have this HUGE head ach….your eyes are all fuzzy and you sit up and say…”what in the sam hill happened “????………….Your eyes clear up by now and you look toward that “ prize “ you were striving so hard for but yet, there seems to be something blocking your view. What once seemed to be such a clear view before is now mostly blocked. You stand up and step back and see this huge (rock) roadblock in your way. That is when it hits you…..that is what you saw flash by out of the corner of your eye. You can still see the “ prize “ just down the road but just barely because you have this Huge roadblock in the way and there is just enough space to see past it. Now what are ya gonna do??? You can still see the “prize” so you know that it is still there, but how you gonna get around this roadblock? I mean, you can still see the road ahead and you can still see the “prize”, so that means that the “prize” is still waiting on you and that it is still obtainable, so now what?…………….This has just happened to me within the past week or so, and I am sure that many of you can relate to it also. I had to go back and rethink about what it was that I was doing. I had and have been praying about my “prize” and did feel and still feel that the road I was traveling toward it was the right path and that the Lord still wishes to bless me with this “prize”. But now come a test from the Lord. HE placed a roadblock in my path to, I believe, test me on my desire to accrue the “prize”. I have prayed and prayed and have done my best to stay the course that HE has set for me to travel so I feel that I am still in HIS will to receive the “prize”. Now here is a test of FAITH and RESOLVE on my part. How bad do I want the “prize” and the Blessing that HE wishes to give me?? Am I willing to listen to HIM and to follow HIS lead, even if it takes me on a different route than the one traveled so far and am I willing to listen to HIM and leave the others behind that are traveling with me on this same journey, despite their attempts to tell me to stay put and that I should not go that way??? Am I willing to travel that new path to get around this roadblock or do I sit and pout? We must wait upon the Lord to show EACH of us what we are to do. One or more may be required to turn to the side a travel another path so that he/she may be instructed by the Lord on something; Others may be told to sit and wait as a means of instruction; still others may be told to turn back while other are told to go no further. We must listen to what the Lord instructs us and not to what others say. We can take council from others, but it all boils down to what we feel GOD has told us what to do. Take council from others but ALWAYS put your trust in the Lord, for where people will lead you astray, the LORD only wishes to Love and instruct and do what is best for you.

Here are a few scriptures from Gods word:

For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning. Now in my prosperity I said, "I shall never be moved." LORD, by Your favor You have made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face, and I was troubled. I cried out to You, O LORD; And to the LORD I made supplication: "What profit is there in my blood, When I go down to the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your truth? Hear, O LORD, and have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper!" You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
Psalm 30:5-12 NKJV

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Galatians 6:9 NKJV

I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:12-13 NKJV

And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise. Hebrews 6:15 NKJV

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Until next time…. Shalom

Have you ever said " God...I don't understand what is going on " or " Lord...WHY!! " or " Father...I am sooo frustrated right now…...I don't understand why this has happened ". You are at your wits end trying to figure out why this or that has happened. You yank your hair out, you fuss, kick things, say things you don't really mean, act like a fool......you become angry and act hatefully toward others…..your just so upset with things or events that have happened. Yep... you even get mad at God. You just don't understand why ( in your own mind ) God lets bad things happen to those who try and follow Him. You always see the guy who gets drunk all the time and nothing ever happens to him or you see this person who lives a life so full of sin and see him get away with ever little dirty deed he does. Well rest assured you are not the only one. I have often wondered why my self…....I think….”Lord....I am trying my best to live for you and do the right things that you would have me do…....I try my best to follow Your word and to do those things that it says we should do……even those things that other Believers do not yet except or will not except as being right by your word…….so WHY am I always getting beaten down and stomped on? Well it took several years of trying to figure all of that out and guess what I found out.......God had to show and teach me that as Mosses said to the children of Israel in Numbers 32:23b ( NKJV )" be sure your sin will find you out." That right...Your Sin Will Find You Out.......maybe not today or tomorrow or during your life time...but when you stand before God on judgment day....Be Sure Your Sin Will Find You Out…..for God will know and pass judgment for them. The Lord never promised that life would be a “ bed of roses “ for those who except and follow Him, He even stated that it would be a hard path to follow……but whoa unto those who do not for their Sins will find them out.
Check out some other things God has to say about understanding His ways.

" Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." Psalm 34:19 NKJV

" Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God, I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 NKJV

" We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 NKJV

"" For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. " For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts."" Isaiah 55:8,9 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Have you ever thought about the word “Faith”. According to my old Webster’s Dictionary, it defines faith as:” allegiance to duty or a person, fidelity to one’s promises, belief and trust in and loyalty to God, complete confidence”. Now I know that we all have some kind of faith for if we didn’t, we would not sit in a chair or get in an airplane, or drive our car. We have that “complete confidence” that what we are going to do is going to work as it is suppose to. But there is the other definition, “belief and trust in and loyalty to God”. This is the faith that I wish to ask you about. Do you have faith in God? Do you believe that he can handle any problem that comes along? Do you even believe in God? Well let me tell ya, there is a God and yes he can take care of any problem that you have. Just check out what God has to say about this.

“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.” 1 John 5:4 NKJV

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
Hebrews 11:1 NKJV

“….that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls.” 1 Peter 1:7-9 NKJV

“So Jesus answered and said to them, "Have faith in God. "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.” Mark 11: 22-24 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Below are some items taken from a small pamphlet titled " Walking in love with Jesus ". I hope and pray that they bring a blessing to your heart.

When I walk in love with Jesus...I learn to resist temptation. I keep my body as the holy temple God intended it to be. I resist the urge to speak unkindly or act impurely. I call on the power of God's love to overcome greed, anger and lust.
" Let no one say when he is tempted "I am tempted by God", for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed." James 1:13-14 NKJV

When I walk in love with Jesus....I pray with all my heart and soul. My prayers are filled with gratitude for my blessings, especially for the love I receive every minute of every day from Jesus Christ my Lord.
" Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving." Colossians 4:2 NKJV

When I walk in love with Jesus......I strive to be helpful to others in thought, word and deed. I try to offer aid when possible, solace instead of advice, and assistance instead of criticism.
" Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May they be a Blessing unto you

Here are some scriptures from the book of Job that I would like to share with you. There are times, I think, that we just need to read about what the Lord has to say about Himself. You see, it just reminds us of just how, for lack of a better word, “ small “ we are. Oh, we may think we are important and that any “titles” or college degrees we have, or the position we hold at work or any combination of things,…we think because we have such things…that we are “Mr. Somebody”. Well I am sorry to say, that dog don’t hunt, when it comes to that Sovereignty of Yahweh God. Check out what Yahweh told ole Job about Himself and see if you still rate with your title, degree or position.

“Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said: "Who is this who darkens counsel By words without knowledge? Now prepare yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer Me. "Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? To what were its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy? "Or who shut in the sea with doors, When it burst forth and issued from the womb; When I made the clouds its garment, And thick darkness its swaddling band;
When I fixed My limit for it, And set bars and doors; When I said, 'This far you may come, but no farther, And here your proud waves must stop!' "Have you commanded the morning since your days began, And caused the dawn to know its place, That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, And the wicked be shaken out of it? It takes on form like clay under a seal, And stands out like a garment. From the wicked their light is withheld, And the upraised arm is broken. "Have you entered the springs of the sea? Or have you walked in search of the depths? Have the gates of death been revealed to you? Or have you seen the doors of the shadow of death? Have you comprehended the breadth of the earth? Tell Me, if you know all this. "Where is the way to the dwelling of light? And darkness, where is its place, That you may take it to its territory, That you may know the paths to its home? Do you know it, because you were born then, Or because the number of your days is great? "Have you entered the treasury of snow, Or have you seen the treasury of hail, Which I have reserved for the time of trouble, For the day of battle and war? By what way is light diffused, Or the east wind scattered over the earth?
"Who has divided a channel for the overflowing water, Or a path for the thunderbolt,
To cause it to rain on a land where there is no one, A wilderness in which there is no man; To satisfy the desolate waste, And cause to spring forth the growth of tender grass?
Has the rain a father? Or who has begotten the drops of dew? From whose womb comes the ice? And the frost of heaven, who gives it birth? The waters harden like stone, And the surface of the deep is frozen. "Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, Or loose the belt of Orion? Can you bring out Mazzaroth in its season? Or can you guide the Great Bear with its cubs? Do you know the ordinances of the heavens? Can you set their dominion over the earth? "Can you lift up your voice to the clouds, That an abundance of water may cover you? Can you send out lightnings, that they may go, And say to you, 'Here we are!'? Who has put wisdom in the mind? Or who has given understanding to the heart? Who can number the clouds by wisdom? Or who can pour out the bottles of heaven, When the dust hardens in clumps, And the clods cling together? "Can you hunt the prey for the lion, Or satisfy the appetite of the young lions, When they crouch in their dens, Or lurk in their lairs to lie in wait? Who provides food for the raven, When its young ones cry to God, And wander about for lack of food? "Do you know the time when the wild mountain goats bear young? Or can you mark when the deer gives birth?
Can you number the months that they fulfill? Or do you know the time when they bear young? They bow down, They bring forth their young, They deliver their offspring.
Their young ones are healthy, They grow strong with grain; They depart and do not return to them. "Who set the wild donkey free? Who loosed the bonds of the onager,
Whose home I have made the wilderness, And the barren land his dwelling? He scorns the tumult of the city; He does not heed the shouts of the driver.The range of the mountains is his pasture, And he searches after every green thing. "Will the wild ox be willing to serve you? Will he bed by your manger? Can you bind the wild ox in the furrow with ropes? Or will he plow the valleys behind you? Will you trust him because his strength is great? Or will you leave your labor to him? Will you trust him to bring home your grain, And gather it to your threshing floor? "The wings of the ostrich wave proudly, But are her wings and pinions like the kindly stork's? For she leaves her eggs on the ground, And warms them in the dust; She forgets that a foot may crush them, Or that a wild beast may break them. She treats her young harshly, as though they were not hers; Her labor is in vain, without concern, Because God deprived her of wisdom, And did not endow her with understanding. When she lifts herself on high, She scorns the horse and its rider. "Have you given the horse strength? Have you clothed his neck with thunder?
Can you frighten him like a locust? His majestic snorting strikes terror. He paws in the valley, and rejoices in his strength; He gallops into the clash of arms. He mocks at fear, and is not frightened; Nor does he turn back from the sword. The quiver rattles against him, The glittering spear and javelin. He devours the distance with fierceness and rage; Nor does he come to a halt because the trumpet has sounded. At the blast of the trumpet he says, 'Aha!' He smells the battle from afar, The thunder of captains and shouting. "Does the hawk fly by your wisdom, And spread its wings toward the south?
Does the eagle mount up at your command, And make its nest on high? On the rocks it dwells and resides, On the crag of the rock and the stronghold. From there it spies out the prey; Its eyes observe from afar. Its young ones suck up blood; And where the slain are, there it is." Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said: "Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him? He who rebukes God, let him answer it."
Job chapters 38, 39 and 40:1-2 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Thanks Chaplain for your ongoing devotionals!

For those of you who had the fortune or misfortune to hear me preach, know that I am one who believes that the return of Christ is near. Now how near is only in God’s timing and man cannot, nor is able to, figure out the exact time and date of Christ return. But GOD, in His wisdom and out of His love for us, has given us clues to watch for and to be ready for. Those of us who are true believers need to be watching and waiting, we need to be sharing with one another, telling others about the Love of Christ and His father Yahweh. We as believers need to be ready in our own lives….are you ready? For those who do not believe I would like for you to take the below words to heart and come to know Christ as your Saviour, and for those who do believe, take them as words of encouragement.

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 2 Timothy 3:1-5 NKJV

so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. Hebrews 9:28 NJKV

Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you.
"For many will come in My name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. "For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. "All these are the beginning of sorrows. "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. "And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold, "But he who endures to the end shall be saved. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come. "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation,' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place" (whoever reads, let him understand),"then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. "Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. "And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. "And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened. "Then if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or 'There!' do not believe it.
"For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. "See, I have told you beforehand. "Therefore if they say to you, 'Look, He is in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner rooms!' do not believe it. "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. "For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together. "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. "Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. "So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near--at the doors! "Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away. "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. "But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. "For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, "and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. "Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. "Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. "Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. Matthew 24:3-42 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

One of my favorite books of the Bible is the book of “Psalm”. Kind David wrote many of them during times of his own struggles and they speak VOLUMES about what David thought and how David felt about Yahweh and in whom David placed all of his trust. Below are just a few of the scriptures from Psalm that I enjoy reading. May they bless you as they do me.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me To eat up my flesh, My enemies and foes, They stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, My heart shall not fear; Though war should rise against me, In this I will be confident. One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me; Therefore I will offer sacrifices of joy in His tabernacle; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the LORD. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When You said, "Seek My face," My heart said to You, "Your face, LORD, I will seek." Do not hide Your face from me; Do not turn Your servant away in anger; You have been my help; Do not leave me nor forsake me, O God of my salvation. When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the LORD will take care of me. Teach me Your way, O LORD, And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies. Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence. I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!
Psalm 27 NKLV

To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in You; Let me not be ashamed; Let not my enemies triumph over me. Psalm 25:1-2 NKJV

My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God. Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.
Psalm 62:5-8 NKJV

Blessed is the man Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:1-2 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Chaplain T

As I shared with y’all last time, one of my favorite books of the Bible is the book of “Psalms”. Another one that I like to read is the book of “Proverbs”, which most if not all of this book was written by King Solomon, who was the son of King David. The Lord had blessed Solomon with wisdom beyond measure, and these words of wisdom from Solomon still ring true even today. Below are just a few of the scriptures from Proverbs that I enjoy reading. May they bless you as they do me.

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction. My son, hear the instruction of your father, And do not forsake the law of your mother; For they will be a graceful ornament on your head, And chains about your neck. My son, if sinners entice you, Do not consent. If they say, "Come with us, Let us lie in wait to shed blood; Let us lurk secretly for the innocent without cause; Let us swallow them alive like Sheol, And whole, like those who go down to the Pit; We shall find all kinds of precious possessions, We shall fill our houses with spoil; Cast in your lot among us, Let us all have one purse" - My son, do not walk in the way with them, Keep your foot from their path; For their feet run to evil, And they make haste to shed blood. Surely, in vain the net is spread In the sight of any bird; But they lie in wait for their own blood, They lurk secretly for their own lives. So are the ways of everyone who is greedy for gain; It takes away the life of its owners. Proverbs 1:7-19 NKJV

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths………Honor the LORD with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase;……. My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor detest His correction; For whom the LORD loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights.
Proverbs 3:5-6,9,11,12 NKJV

Here are a few verses that ALL of our elected State and National officials might wish to live by, if they do not already.
These six things the LORD hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood, A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil, A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19 NKJV

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10 NKJV

The fear of the LORD prolongs days, But the years of the wicked will be shortened.
Proverbs 10:11 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Think about this for a minute……Who is the one person that you strive the most to please???………………..Well who did you name???……..Was it your wife……your mom…….how about your dad………maybe you thought about your son / sons…….or maybe your daughter / daughters………..What about your brother / sister……….Maybe it was a grandfather / grandmother………..How about a pastor / priest………or maybe it was a boss or some other person. Well I am here to tell ya that they are all the wrong answer. Now don’t misunderstand me….they are all important people in our lives and we should do things that bring pleasure into their lives, but I submit that we need to be more concerned with bring pleasure to Yahweh ( the Lord ), than those listed or thought of. You see Yahweh ( God ) created us to commune with Him and to please Him. He created us to bring pleasure to Him. Check out what the Lord has to say about this.

Everyone who is called by My name, Whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him." ……I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses," Says the LORD, "that I am God. Indeed before the day was, I am He; And there is no one who can deliver out of My hand; I work, and who will reverse it?" ….This people I have formed for Myself; They shall declare My praise. Isaiah 43:7,11-13, 21 NKJV

Bless the LORD, all you His hosts, You ministers of His, who do His pleasure.
Psalm 103:21 NKJV

The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him, In those who hope in His mercy.
Psalm 147:11 NKJV

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:1,2 NKJV

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Y’shua the Christ ( Jesus Christ ).

Until next time…. Shalom

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May they be a Blessing unto you.

Who is your boss??? Who is the leader of you household??? Who do you answer to for your actions or non-actions??? Who do you listen to for your instructions??? …..These are but a few questions one can ask when it comes to leadership. As children, were we not instructed that it was wise if we obeyed our parents, or to listen to the teacher in school?? At work, do we not have to listen and obey the commands of those higher up than we are?? Are we not instructed to obey the laws of the land???? Well my main question to you is…WHO do YOU obey when it comes to the direction your life is going??? Do you listen to what MAN tells you or do you listen to GOD???? I hope that you obey the things that God instructs you to do, for if we ignore that things of God, and we claim to be a Christian….then are we REALLY a Christian??? Check out what Gods word has to say..

Then Samuel said: "Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams. I Samuel 15:22 NKJV

Let your heart therefore be loyal to the LORD our God, to walk in His statutes and keep His commandments,…… I Kings 8:61 NKJV

Whoever has no rule over his own spirit Is like a city broken down, without walls.
Proverbs 25:28 NKJV

If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you……………If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. John 15:6-7, 10 NKJV

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Y’shua the Christ ( Jesus Christ ).

Until next time…. Shalom

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May they be a Blessing unto you.

Rules of Authority……..Have you ever stopped to think about this. We have rules of authority in all the things we do. We have rules of authority in the games we played as kids, in how things we done in school ( for those of us who still remember ), in how we drive, in our jobs and how we conduct our business. We have rules of authority in our homes ( or at least we should have ), in our churches and yes even in how our country is to be ran ( believe it or not ). But all of the above can be changed and are changed over time, sometimes for the better good or even for the worse. Well I am here to tell ya that there is one rule book of authority that you can always count on to be the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. This rule book has never changed, though man has made some changes to it to suite himself, but if you go back and really read the rule book, you will see where the original author never changed it. I am sure by now you know of which book of rules that I speak of…..yep the Bible. The Bible is your Infallible Authority. Check out what the Lord has to say about this.

For the word of the LORD is right, And all His work is done in truth……By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth…..For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.
Psalm 33:4,6,9 NKJV

Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.
Proverbs 30:5 NKJV

"For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater, So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:10,11 NKJV

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NKJV

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

How many times have you heard this words sung “ What can wash away my sins?….Nothing but the blood of Jesus!….. What can make me whole again?…nothing but the blood of Jesus!”. Have you ever sat down and though about the blood of Jesus? Have you ever really though just what Jesus did for you and yes me, on that cross by shedding HIS blood? Well I know that I have many times and I usually break down and cry ( yes this big ole bear of a man cries ). I cry because I know that I am a save sinner, I cry out of humbled thankfulness for what Christ did, I cry out of joy for my salvation, I cry out of my hurt for my God having to send His son to die for me and shed His blood. I cry because I know that this saved sinner is unworthy to be Love by my God so much. You see, the shed blood of Jesus means so many different things to different people, but we all can agree that with out that shed blood, we as sinners would have NO salvation. “ What can wash away my sins?…nothing but the blood of Jesus!….What can make me whole again?….nothing but the blood of Jesus! Think about it!!!!

'For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you upon the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.'
Leviticus 17:11 NKJV

"For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. Matthew 26:28 NKJV

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life. Romans 5:8-10 NKJV

…knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God. 1 Peter 1:18-21 NKJV

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

What is the one of the things that you as Christians hold on to other than your salvation? Could it be your denominational faith? Could it be a special Bible passage? It might be a special moment or time during a church service. Is it a memory of your Godly grandmother, as I know it is with my children? Is it that one pastor who really helped you grow as a Christian and in your daily walk? Well those are all good things but the one thing we should be holding on to and looking forward to is the return of Y’shua the Christ ( Jesus Christ ). He has told us in His word that He will return for us, the believers, one day. I don’t know about you, but I am looking forward to that day when I meet my Saviour in the sky and He takes me to heaven with Him. Are you looking forward to that day? Can you say without a doubt that you will be one of the called up ones when Jesus returns? I hope that you can. Check out what the “Word” has to say about the return of Y’shua ( Jesus ).

"For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be……."Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. Matthew 24:27,29-31 NKJV

"And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring; "men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of heaven will be shaken. "Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. "Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:25-28 NKJV

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. "And where I go you know, and the way you know." John 14:1-4 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

Back