• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

" Words of Thought "

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May they be a Blessing unto you.

The below is taken from a computer based Bible study that I have. May it be a blessing unto you!

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. Romans 3:31 NKJV

When the believer is adopted into the Lord's family, his relationship to old Adam and the law ceases at once; but then he is under a new rule, and a new covenant. Believer, you are God's child; it is your first duty to obey your heavenly Father. A servile spirit you have nothing to do with: you are not a slave, but a child; and now, inasmuch as you are a beloved child, you are bound to obey your Father's faintest wish, the least intimation of His will. Does He bid you fulfil a sacred ordinance? It is at your peril that you neglect it, for you will be disobeying your Father. Does He command you to seek the image of Jesus? It is not your joy to do so? Does Jesus tell you, "Be ye perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect"? Then not because the law commands, but because your Saviour enjoins, you will labour to be perfect in holiness. Does He bid his saints love one another? Do it, not because the law says, "Love thy neighbour," but because Jesus says, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments;" and this is the commandment that He has given unto you, "that ye love one another." Are you told to distribute to the poor? Do it, not because charity is a burden which you dare not shirk, but because Jesus teaches, "Give to him that asketh of thee." Does the Word say, "Love God with all your heart"? Look at the commandment and reply, "Ah! commandment, Christ hath fulfilled thee already--I have no need, therefore, to fulfill thee for my salvation, but I rejoice to yield obedience to thee because God is my Father now and He has a claim upon me, which I would not dispute." May the Holy Ghost make your heart obedient to the constraining power of Christ's love, that your prayer may be, "Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments; for therein do I delight." Grace is the mother and nurse of holiness, and not the apologist of sin.

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Y’shua the Christ ( Jesus Christ ).

Until next time…. Shalom

Chaplain said:
When the believer is adopted into the Lord's family, his relationship to old Adam and the law ceases at once; but then he is under a new rule, and a new covenant. Believer, you are God's child; it is your first duty to obey your heavenly Father.
Wonderful article! You nailed it precisely. Keep up the excellent work!

Blessings in Him,
David

Thanks for the words. I have never been on an oil rig and don't plan to, but I can see that spiritually the time can bring one withing hearing range of God's word and influence. Enjoyed talking to you in Texas.

Brother,
Yes I do have some great alone time with my Lord. I have sat many a day and watched the sunrises and sunsets and just felt the greatness of my God in seeing them. Had a great time in Dallas and was a pleasure in meeting you, your lovely wife and daughters.
Gods Blessings to you and yours

Hello once again my Friends. Here is this times “ Words of Thought “. May they be a Blessing unto you.

The below passage and message are taken from a computer based Bible study that I have. May it be a blessing unto you!

…….For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5b NKJV

No promise is of private interpretation. Whatever God has said to any one saint, He has said to all. When He opens a well for one, it is that all may drink. When He openeth a granary- door to give out food, there may be some one starving man who is the occasion of its being opened, but all hungry saints may come and feed too. Whether He gave the word to Abraham or to Moses, matters not, O believer; He has given it to thee as one of the covenanted seed. There is not a high blessing too lofty for thee, nor a wide mercy too extensive for thee. Lift up now thine eyes to the north and to the south, to the east and to the west, for all this is thine. Climb to Pisgah's top, and view the utmost limit of the divine promise, for the land is all thine own. There is not a brook of living water of which thou mayst not drink. If the land floweth with milk and honey, eat the honey and drink the milk, for both are thine. Be thou bold to believe, for He hath said, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."In this promise, God gives to His people everything. "I will never leave thee." Then no attribute of God can cease to be engaged for us. Is He mighty? He will show Himself strong on the behalf of them that trust Him. Is He love? Then with lovingkindness will He have mercy upon us. Whatever attributes may compose the character of Deity, every one of them to its fullest extent shall be engaged on our side. To put everything in one, there is nothing you can want, there is nothing you can ask for, there is nothing you can need in time or in eternity, there is nothing living, nothing dying, there is nothing in this world, nothing in the next world, there is nothing now, nothing at the resurrection-morning, nothing in heaven which is not contained in this text--"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

May the Lord Adonai, the Lord El Shaddai, the Lord Elohim use these “ Words of Thought “ as a blessing, a comfort and a hope in our Lord Y’shua the Christ ( Jesus Christ ).

Until next time…. Shalom

I enjoy getting together with family and friends and sharing things with them. One of those ways is thru my SCV meetings, another is at the various re-enactments my wife and I attend. Another way is thru the various e-mail and message boards I am on. I like to cook, so I have friends and family over to enjoy a meal and we then set around and fellowship. When we fellowship, we share those day-to-day things, our cares and concerns and those things we hope for in the future. When the wife and I attend services at our local church, we can fellowship with other believers as well. Fellowshipping with one another is a means of keeping in contact with each other, sharing things with each other, checking in to see how others are doing. Not only do we fellowship with each other but also we should be fellowshipping with our Lord thru prayer and song. One does not need to stand before a crowd of people and pray or sing. We can sit alone while in our car driving, or while cutting the grass or cooking or any other active or even just sitting alone and reading His word. In order to have good relations with our family and friends we fellowship with them……in order to have good relations with the Father…we need to be fellowshipping with Him as well. Check out what the Word has to say about this.

"Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst," says the LORD. Zechariah 2:10 NKJV

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them." Matthew 18:20 NKJV

Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
John 14:23 NKJV

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life-- the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us-- that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
1 John 1:1-3 NKJV

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
Revelation 3:20 NKJV

Until next time…. Shalom

I have never been a big one on "positive confession", but I do know that one night in the upper bunk in the attic of a house where I was temporarily staying, I met Y'shuah, and was forever changed.

At times my walk has not been very Christ like, and I dast not speak for G-d concerning whether I am saved or not. The only continuing connection that I have is that one night.

The rest is fear and trembling.

Doc,
Thanks for the kind words.....All I can say is I try and bring what the Lord has laid on my heart to share.....

Rusty....I know where you are coming from in that I fail daily in my walk but you, as I, have met Y' shuah and we know Him. Keep the faith brother and keep your eyes upon Him.

"And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins." Matthew 1:21 NKJV

Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. "For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:8-11 NKJV

We are approaching what I consider one of the two most important days of the year. That being Christmas. I know that we all get stressed out due to the traffic problems as we try and go from one side of town to the other or from one city to another. We get headaches from all of the people piling into our homes to visit and we share meals and time with each other. You want to pull your hair out from all of the running around you have to do to get that one last gift or visit that one last person. You rush to get Christmas cards in the mail so that you can say that you sent them out even if those who receive them may not send you one. You want to scream at the other driver as they cut you off. You stare at that clock as you are waiting to rush home on Christmas Eve from the office so that you can beat the crowds at your favorite restaurant for the evening. You rush around, trying to hurry up everyone to open his or her gifts on Christmas morning so that you can get started on Christmas dinner…………………………Does all of this sound familiar to you???? Do we really know and understand what Christmas is all about??? Do you tell and teach you children or grandchildren what is so important about and why we even celebrate Christmas??? Do you let them know the TRUE reason for the season?????
I Sure hope so!!!

Until next time…. Shalom

Moreover the word of the LORD came to me, saying, And you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD to the land of Israel: 'An end! The end has come upon the four corners of the land. Now the end has come upon you, And I will send My anger against you; I will judge you according to your ways, And I will repay you for all your abominations. My eye will not spare you, Nor will I have pity; But I will repay your ways, And your abominations will be in your midst; Then you shall know that I am the LORD!' Thus says the Lord GOD: 'A disaster, a singular disaster; Behold, it has come! An end has come, The end has come; It has dawned for you; Behold, it has come! Doom has come to you, you who dwell in the land; The time has come, A day of trouble is near, And not of rejoicing in the mountains. Now upon you I will soon pour out My fury, And spend My anger upon you; I will judge you according to your ways, And I will repay you for all your abominations. 'My eye will not spare, Nor will I have pity; I will repay you according to your ways, And your abominations will be in your midst. Then you shall know that I am the LORD who strikes. 'Behold, the day! Behold, it has come! Doom has gone out; The rod has blossomed, Pride has budded. Violence has risen up into a rod of wickedness; None of them shall remain, None of their multitude, None of them; Nor shall there be wailing for them. The time has come, The day draws near. 'Let not the buyer rejoice, Nor the seller mourn, For wrath is on their whole multitude. For the seller shall not return to what has been sold, Though he may still be alive; For the vision concerns the whole multitude, And it shall not turn back; No one will strengthen himself Who lives in iniquity. 'They have blown the trumpet and made everyone ready, But no one goes to battle; For My wrath is on all their multitude. The sword is outside, And the pestilence and famine within. Whoever is in the field Will die by the sword; And whoever is in the city, Famine and pestilence will devour him. 'Those who survive will escape and be on the mountains Like doves of the valleys, All of them mourning, Each for his iniquity. Every hand will be feeble, And every knee will be as weak as water. They will also be girded with sackcloth; Horror will cover them; Shame will be on every face, Baldness on all their heads. 'They will throw their silver into the streets, And their gold will be like refuse; Their silver and their gold will not be able to deliver them In the day of the wrath of the LORD; They will not satisfy their souls, Nor fill their stomachs, Because it became their stumbling block of iniquity. As for the beauty of his ornaments, He set it in majesty; But they made from it The images of their abominations-Their detestable things; Therefore I have made it Like refuse to them. I will give it as plunder Into the hands of strangers, And to the wicked of the earth as spoil; And they shall defile it. I will turn My face from them, And they will defile My secret place; For robbers shall enter it and defile it. 'Make a chain, For the land is filled with crimes of blood, And the city is full of violence. Therefore I will bring the worst of the Gentiles, And they will possess their houses; I will cause the pomp of the strong to cease, And their holy places shall be defiled. Destruction comes; They will seek peace, but there shall be none. Disaster will come upon disaster, And rumor will be upon rumor. Then they will seek a vision from a prophet; But the law will perish from the priest, And counsel from the elders. The king will mourn, The prince will be clothed with desolation, And the hands of the common people will tremble. I will do to them according to their way, And according to what they deserve I will judge them; Then they shall know that I am the LORD!'" Ezekiel 7 NKJV

I was reading the above chapter the other day when I felt compelled by the Lord to share this with you and to ask you this one question:
If God brought judgment upon Israel and then later Judea for all the sins and wrongs that HIS chosen people committed, What makes you think that HE will not bring judgment upon us as Christians and as a Nation for all the we have or have not done??? Think about it!!!

Until next time…. Shalom

Very strong passage of scripture from a Holy God. Judgement from God should get our attention in a hurry so that we can mend our ways quickly so that the Lord may decide to stay or refrain his hand. We should bow quickly as a Holy God is within his rights to do with us as he wills.

And I think our country as a whole may come under some form of judgement. While sitting on your oil rig in the Gulf and looking north, be sure to pray for us.
I saw on the internet last night or today about a Russian that thinks the United States will break up as they did and different parts join different parts of the world. The article was sarcastic towards the Russian's opinion, but it makes you think what would happen if our country went broke and needed more help then one country could provide.

Brother Welltan,
I agree with you, in that, our country is in for some judgments from the Lord, for just as Israel and Judea turned from HIM, so to have we. I do not doubt that there are those working within our country who are trying to tear us apart at the seams and bring about something the cold war never did.

Chaplain,
This is merely a suggestion for housekeeping purposes. This thread has gotten quite long. Maybe you would like to start a new one for 2009 "Words of Thought."

Thanks for keeping the fires going even with your crazy schedule.

Love
Sweet Lissa

Back