• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Young patriarchal minded man

familyminded

Greetings! Hello pleased to meet you all.
Here's a bit about me.

I am young man who is dedicated to serving God in my life. I am somewhat oldfashioned and enjoy the simple things in life. I am a happy kind of man who enjoys life and loves to help people. I live a selfless life serving my fellow beloved brothers and sisters of the faith, which I view as a matter of duty.
My life is one that is based on God's ways and I try to live my faith in daily life. I am not your 'run-of-the-mill' Christian but perhaps more associated with the early Christian church (1st century). Therefore I believe, as the early church did, that we ought to be living by all God's instructions given to those who follow Him. I, along with my wonderful family and close friends, naturally therefore keep the Sabbath etc as Christ did and believe that Salvation is not something that we can selfishly 'claim' or never lose, rather it is a gift given by Christ come judgement day to those He shows mercy on. God weighs the hearts not man.
I believe that faith and obedience go hand in hand.
I am content in life and would like to share my happiness with a gentle-hearted young lady who is also as devoted to following God as I am.

Contact info: torahbrethren@hotmail.com

Patriarchy is acceptable by God's standards. I have given it much thought and researched it and believe I understand the responsibilities and potential traps the go along with such a commitment. I believe this is perfectly allowable and infact had been given as a blessing to many true believers, nevertheless I do not show partiality to this aspect of the Holy law alone but see it as part and not above all of God's other instructions. I believe Yahwey's (God's) holy law of righteousness is unchanging and is to be kept throughout time. I believe in keeping the Sabbath, feasts, food laws, etc WITH the attitude of the Saviour.
Whether patriarchal marriage will be part of my life or not I do not know (I leave this to the One who knows best) but I want my first wife to understand about this and be of the same mind. I have grown up for a large part of my life with this understanding. My judgments in life are not my own but I base my judgment on the judgments of my Lord, the Creator.
I believe that for marriage to be happy there must be unselfishness all around. To give IS to receive.
There is an opportunity here for your dreams to come true. I have a LOT of love in my heart to share, and there is a most romantic dream to unfurl. It will take a special kind of lady to be able to take hold of this vision and love living in true commitment to God's ways but I still believe in many young ladies' hearts they long for a man who is prepared to serve God wholeheartedly.

To know more please visit http://www.homeschoolalumni.org/weblog.php?w=2252

Contact info: torahbrethren@hotmail.com

Hi Young, so did you always homeschool? Are you really a homeschool grad? I homeschool my kids. I always wonder about you homeschool kids grown up..

Dear Young
Do you have patriarchy and polygamy confused? It seems in your post that you are using patriachy where you should use polygamy. Any marriage can be patriarchal.

Blessings and welcome to the group.

Lissa

Marichu said:
Every christian marriage SHOULD be patriarchal!

Very good point!

Marichu said:
Hi Young, so did you always homeschool? Are you really a homeschool grad? I homeschool my kids. I always wonder about you homeschool kids grown up..

Nice to hear from you. I was homeschooled most the time although I went to a public school for a year or so early on. I would highly recommend homeschooling. Best be raised by parents than by the secular state.
Kind regard

sweetlissa said:
Dear Young
Do you have patriarchy and polygamy confused? It seems in your post that you are using patriachy where you should use polygamy. Any marriage can be patriarchal.

Blessings and welcome to the group.

Lissa
Greetings Lissa, Thanks for caring, actually I'm awarw of the mistake...if you call it a mistake. Actually I have got in the habit of using the phrase 'Patriarchal Marriage' so as no to attract unwanted attention from hostile liberal christians and feminists. I guess on here I needn't be so guarded. :)
Thanks again.
Steven.

welltan said:
I visited your website/blog link you included and found it very refreshing. I love the song. Welcome.
Thankyou, I'm glad you liked it. The song is from an album my father wrote and sung a few months ago.

Hello Familyminded,

Welcome! I enjoyed your website. You seem to have your head and heart in a good place. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.

I didn't mean to offend by calling your euphamism for polygamy a mistake. I simply wanted to make sure we were all speaking of the same thing. Patriarchal marriage doesn't have to be polygamous. We all use some sort of euphamism to describe our marriages. Now that I know that it is your way, it will be easier to fully understand what you write.

I also read your website. I enjoyed reading about how femininity is very important. It is one of the things I have been trying to accentuate over the time I have been part of Pastor Randy's life. He likes us to be "girly" if you will. However, "girly" is not something that comes naturally to me.

But, I have to say that long delicate dresses are somewhat impractical in this world. I try to be as feminine as possible, but vacuuming is not something I can imagine doing dressed like that. Nor yardwork. Just my feelings on the matter.

Lissa

Hi Lissa,

Hey you know what I have discovered that you can do almost anything in a dress or skirt! I have gone swimming, bike riding, hiking, camping, cleaned houses, moved my own furniture etc. always in dresses or skirts. If you just get the right kinds (wide at the bottom, at least over the knee length) then you can do anything and be girly and modest. I have to say though that girly does come natural to me so I can't relate to you in that. If you buy the really flowy stuff with lots of room to move you can be girly 24/7! ;)

DaPastor said:
Hello Familyminded,

Welcome! I enjoyed your website. You seem to have your head and heart in a good place. Look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Thankyou, I appreciate your remarks. I guess I look at like from a completely different perspective to most. For me I have the understanding that all is vanity apart from serving God and helping others to serve God. Therefor I have no desire of material gain or a good life. My love in life is to serve God's purpose and help the brethren best I can. I live with a little group of believers where we have all things in common as the early church (as recorded in the ealry chapters of ACTS) did, we own nothing individually, share each others burdens and work together as a team to accomplish lot's for the Lord...to the best of our ability.
I'd love to hear more about you and other families who also accept God's standards on marriage. It's always exciting to hear of other walking the same walk. Sometimes I feel like Elijah felt but just as in his time I'm sure there are lot's of others who have not bowed the knee to the system and thrown out the laws of God.
Regards, Steven

sweetlissa said:
I didn't mean to offend by calling your euphamism for polygamy a mistake. I simply wanted to make sure we were all speaking of the same thing. Patriarchal marriage doesn't have to be polygamous. We all use some sort of euphamism to describe our marriages. Now that I know that it is your way, it will be easier to fully understand what you write.

I also read your website. I enjoyed reading about how femininity is very important. It is one of the things I have been trying to accentuate over the time I have been part of Pastor Randy's life. He likes us to be "girly" if you will. However, "girly" is not something that comes naturally to me.

But, I have to say that long delicate dresses are somewhat impractical in this world. I try to be as feminine as possible, but vacuuming is not something I can imagine doing dressed like that. Nor yardwork. Just my feelings on the matter.

Lissa

No worries, All is cleared :) I'm not that easily offended! Anyone who advocated God's laws on marriage has to develop a thicker skin :)
Long dresses are impracitcal? Ask my sisters! They milk the cows, work the garden, ride bicycles, swim, anything... in full length dresses. And what they can't do they probably shouldn't as ladies. I have a saying that if a lady can't do it in a dress then she probably shouldn't do it at all. I know I'm getting contenious but really why be modest 70% of the time? ...like being Christian 70% of the time. Being immodest lowers others respect for you. I know a lot of women who adopt the attitude 'I'll be modest when it suites but then if it gets too difficult I'll just cave in'. Imagine if a man said 'I wear mens trousers 70% of the time but when the weather gets too hot I put a dress on' :) Sounds rediculous but that is in effect what is happening in reverse. God said not to wear that which pertains to a man.
Perhaps I have been born in the worng era but I just find women in pants look repulsive! :) (70% of the time) :lol: :lol: :lol:
I advocate a woman presenting herself as a flower and then she'll be treated as one.

Any more thoughts ?
I better sign off.

From the "Black Bayou", Cajun country Louisiana ( and the Gulf of Mexico where I am now ) to the Land down Under:

A Hearty and Yahweh Blessing WELCOME to ya.

Could someone please defend me here? I can't be the only woman here that wears pants sometimes. Where I work, no one but me wears dresses.

Chaplain said:
From the "Black Bayou", Cajun country Louisiana ( and the Gulf of Mexico where I am now ) to the Land down Under:

A Hearty and Yahweh Blessing WELCOME to ya.
Thankyou Sir, Nice to 'meet' you.

Perhaps it would be wise to think through the passage about women being required to wear dresses. Introductions is not the place to do it, so I will open up a thread for discussion under "Other Biblical Issues". Feel free to "chime" in.

Back